Kitties! Woofies! This is both of us here. Angel Katie and Mom.
Guess what? Mom has already told several dear friends already this morning that last night as she was sleeping..she was awakened by a semi loud "meow". She didn't just open her eyes, she was jolted awake so to speak, (with the resultant faster- for- a- few- seconds, heartbeat.) Then another meow, total of two...slightly less loud. Normal "conversational" tone by cats. Not a screech. The first was meowed with an upward seeming tilt at the end, and the second one following right behind the first, was as if there was a period at the end. So, like a question and then, a reply.
I lay there galvanized for a few minutes wondering how and why and what. I fell asleep while wondering it seems.
I will swear I heard the two meows differing in tonal quality. It jolted me awake. And I was. Awake I mean.
To those who want to know, I am doing alright for all that has happened. The pain of it will come in waves several times in the day. It is a fact of life that a beloved pets passing is unspeakably hard to deal with.
Happy Sunday everyone. And heartfelt thank you's for each and every single message or comment or letter with your heartfelt offering of love and care.


30 comments:
Angel Katie Isabella Queen of the Tuxies...bless your heart for paying a surprise visit to your Mama...she needed to 'hear' your sweet words of love and encouragement...and to know that you are sharing your loving purrsonailty OTRB and whispering sweetly to Mama that you are ok and feeling like a kitten again
Hugs cecilia
Angel Katie Isabella, I know you definitely visited yer mommy in da middle of da night. All us kitties, here and over da Rainbow nevfur evfur leave our mommies alone fur long. Lynn really liked the saying about kitties being hoomans hearts. I am glad you are showing us great selfies and thanks fur visiting me er else I'd feel lonesome. I even got outta my bed tent fur this blog and it's only 10 AM! Precious
Yes, waves come and go.
A bit of your self is gone; it's not easily or quickly healed.
Hugs and purrs.
Your Katie Isabella is watching over you for sure ~ so hard to lose our fur babies ~ Lots of healing energy hugs to you ~ xo
an artist reflects ~ https://anartistreflects.com
Angel Katie, you're definitely making sure your mom knows you're still around! ❤️❤️❤️
Katie girl, good werk!!
I am not surprised at the meows at night. Neat sunflower scratcher
Yes, those things do happen and you will look forward to them soon.
Making sure that your mum knows you are still with her.
katie...thanx for tellin mom ewe iz aye oh kay N lettin her noe ewe haz finded yur voize ♥♥♥♥ next time purrhapz leeve a small...token.... ♥♥☺☺
Si que es difícil, se les añora mucho. Besitos
We knew your beloved Katie would let you know she is doing okay. We really hope she continues to do so. It can be a bit startling but also amazingly wonderful. Thanks for hopping with us! XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali
Sounds like your sweet girl visited again. XO
I love that she's visiting you. We adopt them knowing our hearts will be torn in two one day, but it's a price we're always willing to pay.
A sweet wake up from a sweet Angel. We know she visits you and watches over you.
I am not sure Jack has finished yet, he hasn't visited so your story of different meows is intriguing!!! Both of the kitties????
Sweet Katie, how special and loving of you to let your mommy know that you are still watching over her so closely. Love to you both.
Awww, lots of love and purrs continuing to you and your Mom, Katie.
It’s hard when they are gone, but in a sense, they never really leave. Lots of hugs to you when you think you need them.
Oh Sweetheart, this made me so happy. Keep watching over your sweet mom! And come visit me sometime. 😻 I’d love to giggle & cuddle with you ❣️ Kat Your Forever Loverboy
Love transcents the boundary of physical presence, and moments like those two gentle meows in the night are proof that the bond you built with Angel Katie didn't end—it just changed form. Those quiet "conversational" hellos are such a tender comfort, reminding you that while grief comes in heavy, unpredictable waves, her love remains a constant, gentle presence right beside you. Sending you so much warmth and peace as you navigate these quiet visits. I have a pet cat.
Wow, that was amazing, the more so for you!
She will always be with you xx
Someone paid you a late-night visit.
Angel Katie just wants you to know she is your "forever kitty" and will be there whenever you need her. Always. They don't stop loving us just because they fly away.
Hugs, Pam
Angel Katie, maybe somekitty needs help and is calling out to your Mom?
Purrs,
The Chans
Angel Katie must have got her EMD aka Earth Me Device from Humphrey, absolutely lovely!!! Happy Monday sweeties! 😻✨🐾✨😻
Charlee: "Aww, it sounds like Angel Katie was checking in on you and giving a little hello!"
Both your wonderful girls are visiting you, Carol, they come to bring you comfort...but we know it's still not easy. Granny still breaks down from time to time😿Soft Pawkisses to comfort you🐾😽💞
Hi ~ thanks for identifying yourself and sending me your blog link ~ ^_^
It is very painful to lose our fur babies ~ day at a time and she will always be with you ~
Hugs and love ~ xo
an artist reflects ~ https://anartistreflects.com
Post a Comment