August 19, 2026

Hit It On the Nail Head

 Kitties, Mom and I saw something on Face Book.  We made a screen shot of it to share here.  Mom said she has never seen the reason for the deep sadness when explained in such a way as this one I am posting.  

Mom has family, kids, friends, all of that but:  The cartoon, if we want to call it that, explains why singletons as she has been for a while, might suffer pet family loss on a different level.  

Love and headbonks...side rubs too, more headbonks and purrs to you all.  That's from me.  Mom just said she would keep her dignity and spare you  those from her---and keep them from me from me~  




31 comments:

Kea said...

Oh yes. I think Derry's passing hit me especially hard because he was my only company through COVID and after. All my deepest connections have been with non-humans, though whether that speaks volumes about me--or our species--is another matter.

Sending love and hugs. ❤️

catladymac said...

So true, so true.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Kitties Blue said...

Even when someone has more than one cat, the loss of a beloved fur baby leaves an empty place in the family that feels immense, and it is evident that it once held so much love that is now missing. Mom says, she cannot imagine the complete loneliness and emptiness you are currently feeling. We send lots of purrs, and she sends lots of love and hugs. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

Eastside Cats said...

Hugs and purrs.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

YES! This is so beautiful, and so very true.

pilch92 said...

That is beautiful. I always feel extra bad for singles who lose kitties because I can barely get by with a partner sharing grief. XO

meowmeowmans said...

Yes, indeed. That is beautiful and I can see how that would be true. Sending you love and hugs here on Earth for Mom and at the Bridge for sweet Katie. XO

Ms. ~K said...

Oh Sweetheart, Mom & I have worried so much about the sense of loneliness your Mom is experiencing! This picture sums it up perfectly. Please know we love your mom & will be here for her. And I’ll go spend the night with her again any time she wants me. ❤️ Kat your Loverboy

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Oh, wow, how true. I am not alone, but when there is such empiness due to sadness, I can only imagine its depth.

(Sorry I haven't gotten around to answer your email...will try to get to it soon.)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

So true and so lovely

Pam and Teddy said...

Love that graphic and it truly is "right on". When you've had a person or a pet with whom you share happy, sad, good, bad with EVERY DAY - suddenly or even slowly leave, the sense of loneliness is HUGE. It can swallow you up and leave you exhausted. People tell you it takes time - it does - but you can't "turn off" loneliness...... We know time heals all wounds but losing a constant "only" companion is a devastating loss. We know and understand that completely. We send you a long distance hug.....

Love, Pam and Teddy

messymimi said...

Brilliantly said.

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, you hepped yer mommy find this wonderful picture. We know in advance that when we leave, we leave a tear in the fabric of life.

Pix said...

So true and moving. Sending you hugs and comfort. Katie keep on letting your Mom know you are there♥ I so understand and know her sadness and loneliness.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

yup, totally!

My Mind's Eye said...

Carole and Angel Katie Isabella...what a purrfect explanation. I have always been in awe of how itty bitty kitties can fill up every sq foot of a home...
and leave their pawprints on every sq foot when they get their wings
Hugs Cecilia

John Bellen said...

I miss them so much because my home is theirs, too, and then they're taken from it...

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Ain't that the truth

Brian's Home Blog said...

True, true, true!

Katie Isabella said...

Yes!

Leah said...

Certainly true. Love, hugs, and purrs from us.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That is both lovely and heartbreaking.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Absolutely. #1 says she remembers what it was like after she lost Ikkyu, her very first cat. She couldn't bear to be in the empty house. That is why, since then, she has always had at least two furry companions, often more

Purrs,
The Chans

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "We understand completely around here! Even though losing one furry friend has never left no furry friends, they still leave a great big gap when they have to go away."
Chaplin: "We still miss our big goofy brother Dennis, and Mama and Dada miss him plus all our other goofy brothers and sisters who we never met."

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Big hugs and Extra Soft Pawkisses for you CarolπŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž

La Cabeza Grande said...

I understand precisely how it feels. As a single person all of my adult life, I can attest to the importance of this relationship. I am charmed and comforted by my kitties following me everywhere.

Katie Isabella said...

Lady Bianca and I agree completely. xxx

Smudge said...

What Cecilia said above about our little furry companions filling up every square foot of our homes couldn't be truer, and yes, especially in cases such as yours. In my opinion, lives are built and lived around people & families with pets. Sometimes the smaller ones fill the biggest spaces, too, and when you get used to daily routines that involve them, it's so, so hard. This image is beautiful and meaningful, for sure. Even though our Smudge barely registers that we exist, usually turns away when we try to talk to her, and most times ignores us & couldn't care less when we leave or return, she fills our home with an oversized presence and leaves her mark in & on specific places and things throughout our small apartment. We're all your friends, Carole, and as I've said several times over the years, know that we ALL know what you're going through, and are here for you. Be well, and take care. -Dad Brian

Katie Isabella said...

ALL of you, each one, is a comfort. And deeply appreciated for understanding.

The J-Cats said...

Every word you wrote is so true. I've felt it before, and I know I will feel it again. Can't bear to think of that day...