October 20, 2025

Some Things Never Change

Kitties!   Some things never change...whether you feel top of the morning, or end of the line down..hork happens.  The ol' HH. 

Mom was taking a picture of my Mousie, the floppy one and Donkey that I had brought to my own room last night.  As she was moving the pictures from Photos  to Desktop so Mom and I could include them, THAT is when she saw the surprise I put there for her.  A goodly pile of hork right on the end of her 10 # weight and falling gracefully to the carpet, hork. Comprised of my dry special kidney food.  I love the stuff but I hork it up too often.  I wondered if she'd ever see it. Look behind the desk at the 10 pound weight and the eency- weency 1 pound one.  Hork all over the end of the weight.

Floppy Mousie and Donkey went calling last night.  


Mom made chili this morning.  I helped!  Part of my job as a resident here. See?

Taken at 0630 so it was still dark.  I was getting things ready. 



After that exhausting meal preparation, here is where I am now!  Phone doesn't show brilliant as well as I wish it would.  I need my camera for that. The sunpuddle is brilliantly lit...not all faded. 


 The whole house smells so delicious because of my simmering chili.  OK.  Mom helped me with the heavy things but I snoopervised everything!  

Come join us.  We've got treats. 




21 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella as the saying goes "Hork happens'. Did you eat too quickly?
I hope Mom didn't have too much trouble getting the carpet cleaned.
Chili you say? What time should I be there?
Hugs Cecilia

Eastside Cats said...

Katie, am surprised at you!
You know how to hide hork better than that...it was practically out in the middle of the floor!
At least there was carpeting...

hehehe

Katie Isabella said...

Made mom laugh. Really.

Lynn and Precious said...

I guess if yer gonna chuck one up, at least you have the good taste to do it
expensively. Lynn put on the chicken soup here today, and we got the sun
puddle this afternoon after a wonderful soakin' rain yesterday. I still went
out on the catio under the eve. This morn I went out in the cold. Soak up
the rays and try to keep the KD down. Precious

Kea said...

Katie, I bet that chili smells a lot better than your "gift"! 😆

My Mind's Eye said...

Sally bought the fairy light globe at Lowe's

Leah said...

Oops, a little hork happens sometimes. Katie, you look very self assured and efficient as you carry out your helpful and supervisory efforts!

Sandee said...

I get those kinds of gifts too. It's all good. The chili sounds mighty good on this cooler day. I'll be right over.

Have a purrfect day and week, Katie. My best to your mom. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

With 9 cats the odds of HH are really good here sweet Katie! Chili, yum!

pilch92 said...

I bet that chili came out good. How sweet of you to help. Are you on Cerenia to help with nausea? XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your chili sounds fab! And yes, hork happens!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Did I hear Chili?? YUM! All of us are coming right toover!
What a place to download your hork, LOL!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

It is A GOOD SEASON FOR HOT CHILI

messymimi said...

Sunpuddles and hot chili are good things this time of year.

I think you are eating too fast. Maybe if you had a slow feeder bowl, or you had your food as 2-3 smaller meals a day, it would help with the horking.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You are such a busy girl! That chili sounds delicious!

Purrs,
The Chans

The Florida Furkids said...

Yup, Hork Happens. We saw pictures of the chili and it looked yummy!

John Bellen said...

After all that work, Katie, you deserved a rest. Tell your mum to hurry up and get the cleaning done. She has to contribute some work, right?

Ms. ~K said...

Sweetheart, I believe you & I are living in parallel universes! My mom made chili yesterday, & I horked this morning! We were “meant to be”!❤️ Kat

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

With all that work you certainly need a good nap, sweet girl😸that Chili must taste delicious, we can smell it all the way to here. Double Pawkisses for a Happy Day to you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie…yur mom shuld bee sayin thanx two ewe that ewe horked on de ten pound N knot in de chili pot….‼️😸🙀🖤🤍🤍🖤

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Those are some precision horking shots, Katie. Well done."
Chaplin: "You have treats??? I'll be right there!"