October 23, 2025

Picture it!

 Kitties, Moms...picture it!  2:30 in the morning and my mom sound asleep in the bed.  Me, not so much.  

An extremely L-O-U-D, piercingly so, howl from a cat that woke her up, very!!!!More of the same.  Extreme volume.  Mom said she thought it was a cat just under the window broadcasting amorous intent toward somecat.  Loud I tell you.  Real howls.  May I say again, LOUD!  Finally she thought she could tell they were not coming from under the window outside after all.  But  they were coming from right next to the bed! Scared her to death.  She thought I was hurt badly, or desperately sick.  But thankfully no.  I was simply announcing the arrival of Donkey.  Mom said my name...probably ten times.  With each saying...I reduced volume.  Mom invited me into bed.  I didn't go right away but I did creep up onto the bed within half an hour.  I stayed by her feet on top of the soft blanket.  Used her ankle as a pillow. 

That was a night she wishes she wouldn't have to repeat.   Mom said I am increasingly screaming out my babies arrivals as I bring them into the bedroom.  Scares the hair off her head.  Mom bought and fed me some kitten food yesterday.  I loved it to an extreme.  We hope I continue to do so, and that I might gain some weight.  I am way down now. 

Thought I would tell you the story of mine and Mom's night,   I do this howling at least once a week.  





17 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW sweet Katie, you sure do know how to shout it out!

Eastside Cats said...

We feel your meowmy's pain, Katie.
Maybe take it down a notch, you know, if you want to.

The Florida Furkids said...

We know your Mom must have been worried. We're glad you found something you liked to eat.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

OMC, That would be like having a nightmare! Glad it wasn't anything bad...you just want to make sure she knows you have gifted her with one of your beloveds!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, you musta been excited about Donkey comin' in with you. Hope he got some sleep once your head hit the ankle bones. Angel Peepers had a squeaky ball that she carried in her mouth while caterwaulin'. And Angel Seney spent 4 years caterwaulin' sometimes at her own reflection in the mirror. So you best git on with the singin' and the mom best git on with applaudin'. Me, I'm mostly silent like a 1920's movie reel.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella OMCs "I was simply announcing the arrival of Donkey". Good googly gook girlfriend!! inside voices not calls of the wild, are required at 2:30 am if you MUST announce that you and Donkey have arrived.
Hugs and :::whispering now so Mom doesn't here:::I might have giggled.
Hugs cecilia

Leah said...

Wow, Katie, I bet you did startle your Mom! Hopefully you'll gain some weight soon, and hopefully, for sleeps sake, yowl a wee bit more softly.

messymimi said...

It is scary to be blasted out of bed with a howl. You might want to give your mommy a break and just announce more softly.

pilch92 said...

I am glad you are still announcing your friends. :) XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What you're doing is adorable but must scare your poor mom to death!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

The end of October is the time for a midnight scream

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "When it's time to sing the song of our people, our people must sing!"

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie…sum cuzin eye never met but hurd bout did thiz day lee….anda unkle eye never met but iz named afturr N joyed hiz kitten chow two….😸‼️🐟🖤🤍🤍🖤

John Bellen said...

Good Heavens, that must've been very startling for your mum, Katie. Yikes! I would have exchanged a few words with him or her if one of mine did that at that hour. But I probably wouldn't have the last word, anyway...

Darla M Sands said...

My heart hurts that your weight is down. Hugs to you and your precious mom, sweet Katie Isabella.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Sweet Katie, Angel Binky did that too, so we know how that scared your mommy🙉Healing Pawkisses for a Happy and Healthy Day to the both of you🐾😽💞

LOULOU said...

Oh, do try to eat more, Ms Katie, maybe more ice cream and cake? Or fatter mousies....what a night for your mama. AND you. But you are adorable all curled up...