October 28, 2024

Sunpuddles Everywhere

 Good Monday, Kitties and Woofies. 

Looks like another sunny day.  I'll follow the sunpuddles around today. I have my favorite places...the back of the couch, the big big  triple windowwith me tucked into the corner right there at the window.  I get hours of sun.  I do get up and move though if it becomes too much sun and heat wherever I roost.  


I rearranged my cat tree yesterday,  The completely scratched bare post was showing of course all of the time.  You can still see it in the back of the tree now on the left side.  Mom was concerned I might not get into my oval-shaped cup to sleep and patrol.   But you can see me in one of the two beddies in my room there, curled tight.  I'll try out the new arrangement when I feel like it. 

Meanwhile, I am up on the counters and desk a LOT.  I have proven I do understand the word "no".  I walked over to the just-started brewing coffee pot this morning (again!!) and Mom said in a normal voice.."no".  I walked away.  I thought to sip water from my last night's dirty dish filled with water-- and I had to hear that word again. I left.  I'm a pain in the neck now that I know I can get up there again after all this time. 

Mom paid 2 men to come clear away the really big invasion of noxious weeds and baby trees and bushes that started growing on the fence this year... away from the back fence.  She asked them to clear it off the fence, and 6 feet at least away from the fence.  Voila!  Mom liked it so much she took a picture of it when finished to send to my brovvers.  

Ahhhhhh!  

My fave activity in the mornings.  Emptying the trash for mom. 


21 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad to see that you are having some sun in the fun sweet Katie!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
You are a naughty girl kitty for jumping on the counter and checking on the coffee maker... But a smart girl too as you understand a soft NO.
Those sun puddles are quite a daily task and I loved seeing you curled up in the kitty bed.
The clearing away from the fence got done professionally and that picture speaks for itself.
Haha, emptying the trash for Mom... you are naughty!
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Eastside Cats said...

Katie, please send your sunpuddles here; it's too COLD!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, frost on the punkins here the past few morns, but sun 'cause Lynn says we got us a long long drought. Leaves offa the trees and leaf blowed to the back 40. I'm UTB as I still have nightmares of 2 weeks ago to vet. But I gotta git the toofies done Wed. Good thing I don't know. You got a great private room. Me, I gotta share with the hoomans.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

MOL! katie! yoo r berry good at emptying dee trash!!

Sandee said...

You're not naughty, you're a kitty. So precious.

Have a purrfect day and week. ♥

The Florida Furkids said...

What is that word? We have no idea what "NO!" could possibly mean! MOL

Kea said...

Katie, you're a clever girl to follow the sunpuddles around. 🌞

It's great your mom was able to get all the brush cleared away. There's always something to take care of when you have a house and property to take care of. It's a blessing to be so fortunate, and it's also a lot of work! 😁

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are not naughty but just having fun, Katie!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Well done for emptying the trash, Katie. I don't help Mum with the housework. I let her do it all!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I think that was a smart rearrangement of the cat tree.

Darla M Sands said...

I imagine it cost a lot to have unwelcome vegetation removed as we've spent thousands. ~sigh~ But better that than the uninsured neighborhood 'volunteer' taking our home after a single fall. Be well!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like you're feeling good and having fun!

pilch92 said...

How sweet of you to help with trash duty. XO

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "I try to help with the trash can here in Dada's office, too, by nibbling away at any of the plastic bag that is sticking out from under the lid. For some reason Dada doesn't seem to appreciate my efforts. Maybe I should try dumping it like you do ..."

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella you have a bright future in home staging and decorating or
at the MOST ADORABLE TRASH LADY ON THE PLANET.
Carole the back yard looks very so tidy
Hugs cecilia

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie…eye mite knot reed much…but eye due noe, that noe…iz knot a part oh cat speek ( de doodz did a grate job on momz yard werk ‼️😺🐟 ) 😺💙🌸

Leah said...

Enjoy all those sunpuddle, Katie, we love them too!

messymimi said...

Sunpuddles are a delight, at least for a little while.

You do a great job listening to the word "No" and emptying the trash.

John Bellen said...

Now that we are in a new house, Katie, the cats here have numerous sunbeams coming through at different times of the day. And, when it's fair weather, the sun shines in during the morning, which I like. My late friend Josie loved to roast in the sun...

meowmeowmans said...

Chasing the sunpuddles is a big favorite at our place, too, Katie! XO