January 15, 2024

Gotcha Day 2024



 I came home to Mom on January 16, 2012.   Today is an early Gotcha Day today though.  I was laid out  on the bed alongside Mom all night on 1/16/12...though she didn't know that till she woke up the next morning.  It was the clearest sign of love everlasting. 

Everyone was so kind to me in the CB and came to greet me and make me welcome.  I haven't had too many Gotcha Days "out loud" because Mom was always horribly busy.  But she isn't now except to do what I say.  I have just a few things to nom on, on the buffet for the furriends who want to come by.  I have a liberal stash of Nip for those who wish some, and lots of things to do.  I have beddies for those who need a nap.  If any ladycats need a litterbox, I have those too.  Tall ones for the Mancats.  Flowered scoops for the girls.  Manly ones for the guys. (Mom'll be by to scoop once every half an hour). 

I'm sending the bus around to pick up those whose tunnel isn't tuned up.  The schedule will be flown to you through my own tunnel to yours.  Be there or be square.  OR:  Tell me if you need my Bus.  It can travel under the ocean just great.  No worries.








Mulled catnip wine

hot chocolate



Come all!  Celebrate with me!  Eat, drink, and have fun.  

More regular wine for the grownup kitties


See ya here!  

40 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happiest Gotcha Day beautiful Katie! We so remember that wonderful day when you came home!

Kea said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie! I, too, remember when you were gotted! I love that bus, btw. Your celebration looks pawesome! ♥

Marcia said...

Gotcha Days are the best! Enjoy your party!

Eastside Cats said...

Happy Gotchaversary, Katie!
Da Boyz are on their way; Sweetie will follow later to avoid being associated with such hooligans.

My Mind's Eye said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Katie Isabella happy Gotcha Day Eve...of my girlfriend what a fun feline Gotcha Day Pawty. Thank you for the wonderful panny cake breakfast with bacon followed by a fine party and then deSSert cat cup cakes. Girl you know how to pawty
So happy you and Mom Carole found each other it was the first day of the best days of your wonderful life
Hugs and love Cecilia

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,

WOW, you sure know how to throw a party!!!
Hard to believe that you are living with your Mom for almost 12 years now...
Scary how time flies.
Big hugs and paws,
Mariette + Kitties

Lynn and Precious said...

Send the bus fur me, Katie. I'm bringin' my baby doll pajamas fur the overnight
pawty. I knew this gotcha day was comin' so I told Lynn she'll have to fur-go the
legs tonight. Happy Happy Gotcha. We actually got the mommies didn't we? MOL on
them fur thinkin' they got us! Precious

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie! I remember when you got your wonderful forever home.

The J-Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, you darling girl! We will definitely come to your pawty. We love your bus, but it's okay, we'll be teleporting over by Tunnel. And We'll be happy to stay overnight, if that's okay. We can't wait! See you soon.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Love that bus hope your Gotcha Day was a good one

Darla M Sands said...

When can your bus swing by my neighborhood? I would so enjoy attending.

Leah said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie, and wow, what a 😎 cool party you have planned! My cats' ears are all perked up, I think they want to go! Party hearty!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie! I can’t wait to party with you! ~Ernie

pilch92 said...

Cool bus. Happy Gotcha Day sweet Katie! XO

catladymac said...

Happy Gotcha Day Katie I !

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Wishing you a purrfect day!!!

Darla M Sands said...

We definitely have the space for kitty Katie's Bus and Friends. :) I just need specifics to make sure we have our many blankies clean and warm. :) And what's the departure time so I have breakfast ready for everyone? Any dietary restrictions? lol Love and hugs, my dear.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

It sounds like you had a smashing Gotcha Day.

John Bellen said...

A regular shindig, to celebrate a great day! My bunch will be coming alone to join in, Katie. Hurrah!

messymimi said...

I wish you many happy returns of your Gotcha Day!

It looks like your party will be amazing.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie!

Whata fun pawrty! Do you need any pups to snoopervise in case som kitties get unruly??


That last little clip reminded me of one of our Angel kitties...we had had a huge snowstorm with very tall drifts forming by our back steps...well, petcretary opened the door to check on the snow status, and he (Simba or Toki, she can't remember...LOL!)...and he jumped off the deck and dove right into the drift. And was stuck! His expression was priceless, as in 'what the cat is this state of affaris. I thought someone had built a sloid platform to get into the yard'...MOL!!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Double Pawkisses for a Happy Gotcha day, sweet girl and what a great Pawty you've set. Now let's jump into it immediately⛄😻🐾😽💞

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie Isabella! We love you and your Mom!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Katie! I would love to hop on that cute bus and join you for your big party!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie a most happee gotcha day two ewe frum uz heer
in de land oh trout and me mackerull’s on de bus
and waitin ta get goin and both me and daiz sayz we wish
ewe happee and healtheez all de yeer and troo lee de nomz
look all most two good two eat….all most 🙀😺🐟💙‼️

da tabbies o trout towne said...

my stars katie I send 10 bazillion wishez to you for a most happy gotcha
day, so many I had two fill not one red hand bag, but 19 more that I found
from days of travel and when all the guests have gone tomorrow sometime
it’s milan for us with totally my treat and purrhaps we will find pink hand
bags for the voyage home with hugs and loves from dai$y 🌸💙💚👛🛍

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Gotcha Day. This is a fabulous party. Thanks for inviting us!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

Happy Gotcha!!

R's Rue said...

Love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

TimberLove said...

Happy gotcha day little friend! Play bows,

Timber

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Gotcha Day, sweet Katie! We love you so much, and celebrate the day you and Mom found each other. XO

Saku said...

Happy Gotcha day Katie! Have fun at your pawty!!!

Anonymous said...

Marks' Mews: Happy Gotcha Day, Katie! May you have many more.

CCL Wendy said...

Happy Belated Gotcha Day, Katie Isabella! You haven't aged a bit, still as beautiful as ever. Boy, you really landed in the right place. Here's to many more.

Colehaus Cats said...

What a great Gotcha Day, Katie! And such great treats to share. Have a wonderfully Happy Gotcha Day! WheeeEEEEE!

Smudge said...

Firstly, Happy Belated Gotcha Day, Katie. Secondly, thanks a lot for putting up that bacon beer photo. Dad did the drooling thing again...

R's Rue said...

Thinking of you

NanaDiana said...

Oh! What a fun post and happy Gotcha Day, Katie. Love the cat in the snow. That is how our Scruffy looks when he goes into the deep snow. xo Diana

Catscue Cat Mom said...

I love that little pancake snowman with the bacon scarf! Happy Gotcha day pretty Katie!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Belated Happy Gotcha Day, my friend. HAPPY GOTCHA DAY to you!!! I'm so sorry I missed your party. Looks like it was an amazin' party, for sure. I hope you had a wonderful party and Gotcha Day, too. Surrounded by fun and good eats and love... Who wouldn't? PURRS

Love always,
Seville at Nerissa's Life