Kitties! Mom is wrapped around my paw. The last week she's allowed me to sleep against her head. It hurts her shoulder joint when there are almost 15 pounds on it. But...she decided what was more important? Her or me.
This was me just before we went to bed last night. That's her flannel nighty...and that's me on it Looking back at her. She was reading a thick book, and as always, she put it down to pet and talk to me when I crawl over and lay my head... or more of me... on her.
I can see this happening any day now.
I just found out that Speckie has flown to the Bridge this day. It breaks my heart. Soon after her brother Dido passed. Here is the URL. https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/
.jpeg)

19 comments:
Parents can take a lot of pain to make us happy
Parents can take a lot of pain to make us happy
Your Mama loved every bit of that time too sweet Katie!
You do look mighty cozy and comfy, Katie. I sure hope your Mom was comfy too.
You certainly do have your mom bean wrapped around your paw. Of course, I understand why. You're such a sweet girl Katie!
Dearest Katie Isabella,
You know your ways to wrap Mom around your finger girl!
Our Speckie girl and Spooky boy weigh each nearly 10 pounds.
The girls Tiggy–Tiger and Spunky weigh 7.2 pounds.
We're so worried about Speckie girs, Pieter went on his bike to vet Amanda this afternoon to peer over the bloodwork from Monday... Her kidneys are shutting down it looks like—she is not eating anything.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties
Your mom knows the pain is worth it to keep you happy.
Sweet Katie, are you two still snowbound? If so then no wonder your mommy even wants more Kitty time. And maybe big book time. We have the Snows coming up here today but I don't think we're going to get 10 in again like you did. Just six.
Such a sweet picture of you, Katie! I have been spending a lot of time snuggling up with my mom to help keep each other warm in this brutal cold we have had. Sometimes we get so hot. I have to jump down off of the couch to cool off.
Katie Isabella you and your Mom are so lucky to have such devotion. I just love that she put the book down to love on you.
The cartoon was just too funny. Back during COVID several of the news people took turns working remotely from home. The TV stations set up cameras etc. in their homes. It always totally delighted me to see the felines walking in front of the camera or the audio of a pup in the background.
Hugs Cecilia
Hmmm, this is interesting because I just started laying my big head and body right next to my Mom's head lately. She says it's ok as long as I don't start likkin' her. ~Tommy
She loves you and it is normal for her to put your comfort before her own at times/
Such love in your eyes!!! She could never deny you anything.
You keep pushing the limits Katie!😻
It's wonderful how much you and your mum love each other, Katie. That's the way it should be.
Your mom loves you so much, Katie, And you love her right back. So special! XO
I know you have your mom wrapped around your beautiful paw. XO
That is such a melting look you have, Katie. You are totally irresistible. You know it - and your Mom knows it.
You have a wonderful mommy.
My condolences to all who knew and loved Speckie.
Post a Comment