September 11, 2021

Tail Sez it All

 


Headed on into the food and water bowls last night.  Mom cropped out her bare tootsies and leggies.  

She wrenched her back yesterday when she hopped out of bed, attempted to get her iWatch out of the charger and in doing so, let it slip through her nerveless still sleeping fingers.  She made an instinctive lurch to save it from hitting the oak floor and instead, felt like a bolt of lightening came through her back at waist level.  She sure isn't carrying me around right now. 




28 comments:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh no, your poor back! What to do? Ice? Rest? Even for a little while because I know you've miles to go before you sleep. :-(

We're sending you virtual hugs, Sis.

P.S. You're not alone in being banged up. It's been a heck of a week.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Too bad for your Mom for having hurt herself by making a sudden movement...
Yep, our late Barty Boy was one that understood the tail language to perfection. I always said: 'Staartjes praten' in Dutch which means tails talk and staartjes being the diminutive of staart but we miss that in English language...😉
Hugs,
Mariette

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, if only the watch would have fell on ur floofy furs. Then it would
not have been a dive for ur mom to catch it. we are sorry to hear the pain
inflicted. but ur floofy tail looks like uz are mended. now ur mom can
be wrapped burrito style and have some hooman poke pills down her throat, mol.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We love seeing that happy tail sweet Katie. Purrs to your Mom from all of us, back aches are a real pain!

pilch92 said...

Nice tail. I hope your mom feels better soon. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sweet photo! Heal fast, mommy!

meowmeowmans said...

That's one happy tail, Katie! :)

We are sorry about Mom's back. We sure hope it's better real soon. XO

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Aww, look at that happy tail! Tell your human I am sending healing purrs her way.

Pam and Teddy said...

Ouchies for your poor Mom's back! But I'm happy to see that tailio of yours UPRIGHT and proud.......patrolling your domain.

Hugs, Teddy

The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad you have your happy tail back. We're sorry your Mom hurt her back. Mom says it's so easy to do that sometimes. We hope she's better soon.

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh no Katie Isabella I'm so sorry about Mom's back. I tell you one thing it doesn't take much of a move to throw mine out either. Especially the lower back. Healing hugs for the ouchy to feel better
Cecilia
PS BTW you look as lovely leaving a room as you do entering a room.

The J-Cats said...

Oh, your poor Mommy! That all sounds furry painful!

Your tail, on the other paw, looks MAGNIFICENT.

Leah said...

Love the photo of you Katie, it's so cute! But so sorry to hear about your Mom's back. I know how that is as it has happened to me too. I sure hope she feels better soon!

The Whiskeratti said...

Ouch. I hope you recover quickly.

John Bellen said...

Oh, those sudden twists of the back. They feel deadly. Usually, they are just temporary damages; I am sure your mum will be leaping about in no time. Or something like it.

It's good to see your tail up, Katie.

Genevieve said...

Poor mama. When your back hurts, EVERYTHING hurts. I hope she is all better and lugging you around the house real soon.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Eastside Cats said...

As The Hubby finished painting the house, he works one day, then needs another one or two to recover, then he goes at it again.
Many hot baths are needed to ease his aches, and he's often off to bed by 9 pm.
Hope your mom feels better; it's never fun to hurt.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Oh no your back, that is terrible, back pain is horrible

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We pray she feels better soon.

Smudge said...

Love the floof, and that cartoon pretty much says it all, am I right? Sorry to hear about your mom's back pain. If it's any cosolation, dad's been having something he calls spasms lately. Mom keeps telling him to use the hot pad, but of course he's dad, and, well, you know how that goes. Have an awesome week!

Saku said...

We're sure you'll take good care of your mom bean while she is suffering. Paws crossed she's feeling better soon.

The cartoon is hilarious!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Sending lots of purrs for that back. That is the worst you feel like everything is a challenge. Love the Cat-Toon! MOL

Kea said...

Oh, gosh, Katie, we're so sorry about your mom's back! We, too, are sending purrs and purrayers and hope that she's improving now. ♥

Kea said...

Oh, gosh, Katie, we're sorry about your mom's back! We, too, are sending our purrs and purrayers and hope that she's improving now. ♥

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

We hope your Mom feels better soon. I certainly understand.

Love that tail up, Katie Isabella. It's like you're waving at us! [HI!]

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We hope your mom is feeling better soon! And your tail says you're a very happy cat.

Anonymous said...

OUCHIES!

Darla M Sands said...

I'm so sorry she wrenched her back. ~hugs~ Take care of your mom, my dear.