Mom got very happy with a smile and talking to me a little in the night time. I announced a family member on his way! She didn't know who but she said "thank you Katie" as she always does, and soon, she heard another announcement! She said the same several times! A delivery was made. Mom fell asleep again and in the morning, she sawDonkey and Floppy Mousie, my other favorite right there near the bed! That is the first actual time in several weeks.
![]() |
| (We have very trackable carpet) |
Mom also took my steps and put them at the tree.
I definitely do not jump up and get down from anything much any longer. She hoped my soft steps may be a way to get up and down again. Mom thinks that my days of running and flying around the house...leaping as I did a month ago, are now in the past. She is trying to face it- and just be grateful that I am eating and using my box.


24 comments:
You never know, Katie, the mood to run around might hit you sometime. Once in a while Derry has a burst of energy, but he's far more sedentary now and I notice he can sleep REALLY hard and not hear/notice me at all, just as it was with Nicki in the last couple of years before he passed. I try to remember that we're all getting older and our bodies--and energy levels--change. If you're eating and doing your business properly and bringing visitors to your mom, you're great! Lots of purrs from Derry to you both.
Katie, wonderful job delivering your toy family to mom at night. Makes mom feel
more secure sleeping. Precious is about to be 10, and she definitely has stopped with
the constant running and jumping. I don't like to think about cat aging, depressing for me.
But we love 'em to pieces and that's all that really matters. The steps up to the
new tree look inviting and maybe Katie will use them often. Precious has moments of energy
and leaps up her tree only occasionally. Katie, keep on keeping on, Lynn and Precious
Sasha (21) hasn't had a case of the zoomies in many years, though Saku (13) still does occasionally. You still love your toys, your food, and do your business so we think you're doing pretty darn good Katie!
You sure were having some fun family times sweet Katie!
katie; eye due knot jump sew much ore az high ore run az much any mor either.... thatz why when yur a teen ager like uz....ya appliez for a.... DRIVIN LICENTZ ~~ :) ♥♥
tuna of moon ~~~~~~
Dearest Katie Isabella,
That is a good posting and I'm glad you slowly get back into your routine again.
It takes time for a senior kitty to fully recover from anything!
Big hugs,
Mariette
I still run around like crazy sometimes, Katie. And I bet you will too when you’re in the mood. ~Ernie
Glad you brought your favorites to bed. How sweet of your mom to put your stairs near the tree. XO
I know your human is taking good care of you, Katie. Maybe you will be in a flying mood again at some point, I know Binga was pretty active until the last few months of her life, and she was WAYYY older than you!
We're so glad you brought your family to visit your mom, Katie! We hope the stairs will help you get some of your confidence back. Your mom is a sweetie for doing that. :-)
How nice that you brought Donkey and Floppy Mousie to visit Mom, Katie. We know she has been so worried about you. We sure hope your flying around the house days are not over, but rather, just on hiatus. XO
Your mom is doing a great job caring for you.
Yay for the return of the Friend Parade! I'm so glad you seem to be feeling better!! Yay!
Leo says: Katie! I'm so glad you seem more like yourself! I love your new tree! I am not a top roost guy either, I leave that for Glitter, MOL I like the second one down, it gets me a good view out the window and a comfy nap spot, what more would I want?? I'm gonna pop over with some treats and help you celebrate feeling better! Maybe with a snuggle too? purrrrr
YAY for bringing TWO "family" members in the bedroom last night. I know your Mom loves it when you do that. That was a great idea of hers to put your stairs by your tree - now you can get up and down so much more easily....Moms are great aren't they - they think of EVERYTHING!
Hugs, Teddy
Ohhh a visitor I know Mom was happy.
Yes indeedy it is ok to slow down and not do zoomies all over creations. I like your steps in the purrfect location for you Princess Katie Isabella.
Hugs Cecilia
Awww, a nice nighttime visit for your Mom from Donkey and Floppy Mousie, arranged by you, Katie Isabella! Taking it easy is plenty cool, but who knows, maybe you will get the zoomies again with time!
Slow and steady seems to be the motto of your recovery, KI. Nuthin' wrong with that.
Love and licks,
Cupcake
As long as you are improving and moving forward all is kinda good
Sounds like you and your mum are having a good time at night Katie :)
I bet she liked you bringing Donkey and mousie too :)
Purrs, Julie
We are glad that you made your Mom so happy! Having trouble getting up and down is something that happens when kitties get older. We know that you and your Mom and You are happy and that makes us happy!
I slowed down when I got a little older and so did Buddy Budd. Toby still races but he is like a sleek black vintage muscle car and Miss Fitz is just becoming an elder. We love you Katie and as long as you have fun is the important thing. I think you will progress a little bit each day and get back on the tree in your own time. Purrs sweetie
Good to know all is well.
Good news all 'round, Katie. It's a bit melancholy when we have to use steps to help us get places, but your mum is watching out for you. My Tucker is using his stool all the time now to get up to the chair at the dining table, and is even using the stairs to the sitting room couch. Age is relentless...
I'm in Aww...Katie, you are such a special lady, but I can tell you that the crazy hour isn't over, I'm almost nineteen now and I was just running around like crazy, I do that on a regular base, also up and down the stairs...MOL😹Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞
Post a Comment