July 20, 2021

How I Treat Mom

 Well, when it comes to my breakfast and supper, I can be dictatorial.  Well, I AM dictatorial.  Here is an example that I am proud of.


Mom served this for breakfast.  


This is what I said after a taste. 

Mom threw that away and cracked open another can.

This is what I said without trying it.

Finally, hunger got the best of me and I checked it out.  One of my FAVES!  Here is what I said:



It's always a struggle around here when I can't get mommy to buy my faves. She says she is trying but should I believe a person who called Leopard back from his vacay? 



23 comments:

John Bellen said...

It's tough in the Cosy Apartment, too, Katie: some eat, some won't, some don't eat enough. Oh, and get your mum to throw the bad food into the woods behind your house; someone will eat it, if you don't.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Finding the favs isn't easy these days sweet Katie.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella
Angel Madi liked turkey and giblets pate...she would NOT even give anything that was chunky a sniff...serving her sliced was NOT NICE.
Her favorites were: cod, sole and shrimp, beef and chicken and I think there was a salmon pate. when you know what you like .....but in mom's defense I sure do understand her struggle finding the exact thing to tickle your taste buds
Hugs Cecilia

Kea said...

Yeah, Derry is like that now too, much more so than when Nicki was alive, because some biped who shall remain nameless has now spoiled him to no end.

So believe it, Katie, your mom is doing her very best!!!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well, our five kitties sure have their favorites too but they mostly eat it all.
That is the advantage of a large family, when they all are lined up in two rows, each his/her very own spot (yes they KNOW!) and then the smacking and licking begins.
Makes us want to try it too! So happy and they know if they don't eat it, some other kitty will finish it. Solves some of the spoiled kitty problems!
Hugs,
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

With six of them alive, we had them all lined up like this: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2015/08/cat-dining-room.html

Lynn and Precious said...

ah girlz gotta have what a girl wantz. but John is right, feed the skunks out back. precious

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

It's hard when a kitty is particular about food, like you are, Katie. My human turned herself inside out for Sparkle.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie for de love oh cod in everee sea that haz ever a loud fish ta swim in it....we total lee get de bass terd turkee thing.....yea, we recognize that can ~~~~~~
:) ♥♥☺☺

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I love it when I get something I think my fur baby will love and he turns his nose up and licks the window instead. LOL. You're doing good, kid! xo Diana

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad the second can was to your liking, Katie.

pilch92 said...

I am glad you got one you liked.XO

The Island Cats said...

Katie, I’m gad you decided to check out that food. Otherwise, you might have missed out on something really good.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

If only you new how hard it is to find the exact right can.

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we are glad you got one you like, Katie! For what it is worth, we believe that your mom is trying -- she loves you so much.

The Florida Furkids said...

Always keep them guessing!!!

The Florida Furkids

Genevieve said...

Your mom is so nice to try different foods to try and make you happy. Mom gives me a bowl of food and says, "If you're not feeling it, I will put it in the fridge and take it back out later." And she does! Eventually, a few hours and 2 or 3 trips in and out of the fridge and I am magically feeling it. #eatitorwearit

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Saku said...

Mom bean says sometimes we turn up our noses at something that was a favorite the day before. But you're lucky 'cuz our mom bean says too bad, so sad, you're not getting anything different. So we eat it...eventually.

Leah said...

Glad there was a flavor you liked, Katie Isabella! We know it can be tough to find just the right tasty foods!

Cathy Keisha said...

I don't like turkey and giblets neither. Chicken Hearts and liver used to be one of my faves but they never stocked it in our supermarket. TW found it once in Acme. We had to get it online and this is many years before the pandemic. Now I only eat pate. Years ago I wouldn't eat pate.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Good to find something you like

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Glad you liked that one!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Glad Mom finally got a Fav out for you. Dad said it is important for us to try different things because sometimes Favs are hard to find, like lately. Purrs sweetie