May 9, 2021

Looking Back

 Kitties!  Mom was going through some old pictures and look who she found.  Admiral.  Looking lovely and feminine; and all that with her superior mouse catching skills!  That girl could get them.  AND as with me, Katie, she could and did bring them into the bed in the middle of the night for Mom. I took a page from her book and did that one time.  So far that was the last time.  I had only been here for a  month when I caught that mouse. I have to say he was still lively when I laid him in the bed.  I was leaping around playing with him among the sheets when mom turned on the bedside light and saw him.  

He was leaking a little so mom had to change the the sheets, then chase him, and he disappeared the way he came in.  I, Katie, did not inflict a great deal of harm just then, but enough to mess up the sheets when I presented him to sleeping  mom. 

Ah, those were the days...back in Jan. 2012. 









22 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

wonderful memories for Mother's Day, Katie. good not to
bring too many squirmy live things to bed for moms don't
fully appreciate our skills. Admiral was a beaut of a kitty. Precious

meowmeowmans said...

Aww, it's so nice to see Admiral today, Katie, and to read the beautiful words you wrote about her and her special relationship with your awesome mom. We also enjoyed the part about how you caught that mousie and shared it with Mom, too. :)

Happy Mother's Day to your mom, and mothers everywhere!

XO

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella and Admiral Hestorb,
Lovely mousy tales... I've had to carry one away last week. A cute little mouse, so soft and still warm, not bleeding but they shake it so to break its neck.
That's what kitties do and no human parent can ever break that build in instinct!
Sweet stories.
Hugs,
Mariette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are lovely photos of Admiral. That was a funny story about the mouse. We used to have a cat called Marmi who used to catch mice and hide them indoors to eat later. Often they were only stunned and would come round during the night and we would wake to THUMP THUMP THUMP. That was Marmi with his great big paws chasing them again.

Marvelous Marv said...

What a wonderful picture of the Admiral! Here and Nellie are toasting their Mom's at brunch this morning (so Nellie tells me) she sends this wish...
(¯`♥´¯)´´¯`•°*”˜˜”*°•. ƸӜƷ
`*.¸.*.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ
…… •°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ ✶* ¸ .✫ ♥
✿ нαppy мoтнer´ѕ dαy ✿

Eastside Cats said...

They live in our hearts forever.
Hugs and purrs on this remembrance day.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

How fun that you at least caught a mouse once, Katie. I've never caught anything... well, I did snag a rat once, but that was only to carry him to the entry way and let him go. Yes, still in the house - I couldn't open the door by myself! Usually I find a critter, and let my human do the catching.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was a sweet story and flashback. Happy Mother's Day to your very special Mom!!!

John Bellen said...

The Admiral was a beautiful girl. And she probably caught most of the mice, not leaving any for you, Katie.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We wish we were blogging when Admiral was here. But we're friends with you and that's what counts!

Saku said...

Oh my, that must have been furry exciting for you and your mom bean! Your sisfur Admiral was a furry pretty girl.

Gigi said...

Admiral was such a lovely delicate ladylike kitty that it's hard to imagine she had that killer instinct, hee hee. She murdered them mousies with abandon and didn't even feel bad about it, did she?? Spitty really admired that about her ;-) He mostly had to be content with getting moffs and spideys, and sometimes a sky raisin (fly)!

Guess what? I only have one more sleep till my new girl gets here! She's a rescue and is not completely acclimated to hanging out with us humans yet, but I will be patient and the rescue peeps have been working with her for a couple months. And, shhhhhhhhhhh, but later, in a month or so, she will probably be getting a furiend of her own. I'm soooooooo excited.

Maggie-the-foster-cat went home last Monday and I do kind of miss her but I am very happy she got to go home with her Real Mom to their new place! I am sure that Spitty had a paw in sending her to me. He took off for the Bridge on a Saturday and I got the call about Maggie on Monday morning. Having Maggie here helped me so much. It feels better to cry into a warm bundle of purring kitty than into a pillow. I find that I'm feeling much better and able to remember all the good times I had with the Spitster. I'm really glad we had the last three years since I retired together, as I got to spend a lot more time with him, especially since all the lockdown stuff. He was a wonderful kitty, and he'd be glad that his home didn't stay empty for long. As a feral himself, he really understood how impawtant it is to find a good, safe home. More soon!

Mickey's Musings said...

So nice that you shared a picture of Admiral today Katie.
Really cool to hear of your mouse catching skills.
I do not think our humans appreciate our skills :/
We just want to share what we caught...right?!
Purrs, Julie

The Island Cats said...

How nice to see Admiral today! And Katie, I’ve never caught and played with a real mouse so hearing about your adventure with one was riveting. Though I bet your mom wasn’t too thrilled. Happy Mother’s Day to her! ~Ernie

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Mommy was looking at some old kittie pictures when her daughter visited her today. There is no better way to remember the past then over kitty pictures.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

MOL...now that's was a great story about your sweet Angel and the mousie..MOL...I try to bring them home too, but I snack them half way through😹Pawkisses for a Happy Belated Mother's Day to your wonderful mommy🐾😽💞

Pam and Teddy said...

Amazing your Mom didn't appreciate that special gift you gave her way back when....purrhaps if it hadn't leaked on the sheets she would have been happier about it?? It's always fun to look at old photos - Mom often does that - sometimes SHE gets "leaky" (only her eyes though) when she looks at old photos. I hope your Mom had a GREAT Mom's Day!

Hugs, Teddy

Genevieve said...

If you were trying to give Mom the heebie jeebies - mission accomplished, KI. Mouse is a word she does NOT want to hear. *shiver* Blerg.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Leah said...

Admiral was a beautiful kitty! That was skillful of you to catch the mouse, Katy, though we humans are often too startled by the gift to properly show our appreciation!

pilch92 said...

Admiral was a beautiful kitty. I wish I had been blogging back when she did. XO

Timmy Tomcat said...

What a gorgeous kitty Admiral was. You were a bit wild and you still are Katie. Just a little MOL

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Such good memories