Kitties...I may be getting a trifle older but I can sure scamper and "tear up" some carpet speeding through the house. Mom loves to hear me and see me do it. I bought her some sushi last night from my gift pack of four pieces several years ago. It was the shrimpy again. I bring him out a lot! I brought Floppy Mousie and Donkey into the bedroom last night. I don't seem to be bringing in five of my babies any more. Just those two usually.
Mom's eyes are still dilated from her visit to the ophthalmologist this morning. She noticed while I dictate that she is making more typos than usual. As if! And she was driving this way!
Mom bought two tomatoes with a stem on, and hoped they would be OK. They taste like mush. Hard as hammers. and mush-like tastelessness she said. It's hot house grown, and gassed to make them red and fool ya usually; so she quits till next year. The last month and a half have been producing iceberg lettuce with so much "rust" you usually wind up throwing away most of the head. Mom said with all the ecoli in longer leaf lettuces, she won't buy it. NO Romaine, thanks.
Here I am last night before our bed time. We were watching TV on the recliner. I had just raised my head up off her chest..got a smooch for my trouble.
Here's her avatar from FB. I think I know that lady!


30 comments:
Hey Katie Isabella...what an adorable photo of you and mom's Avatar.
Dilation of the eyes is bah humbug...
Happy Friday dear friend
Hugs Cecilia
As long as there is room for you, Katie, and Donkey and Floppy Mouse
and don't forget MOM. Then by all means, fill up the bed with warm
cuddly friends on a winter night. Precious doesn't eat tomatoes,
good bad or otherwise, me, I do in summer only. The rest of the year
they are rotten!
It's a kitty's job to keep the human warm, Katie!
As for her driving with dilated eyes; she cannot do any worse than most of the others out there...*grumble at bad drivers*
I bet your mom wants you on her lap even in the summer time. Hope all's well with you there. Stay safe.
Emma and Buster
Good job sweetie Katie. I hope the Mom's eyes clear up real soon, that's really not a fun thing.
You are never too old to scamper, Katie! I hope your mom's eyes are soon better.
I get my fruit and veg delivered every Friday. They source everything locally and it is all good fresh produce. I get my tomatoes on the vine and even this time of the year they are still as sweet as the ones I grow myself in the summer. I know they will soon come to an end though but hopefully they can get more from another source.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
You are such a soft and sweet girl keeping your Mom comfortable.
Yes, having been dilated is tough for driving, for me at least with only one good eye... no choice.
Glad you managed to come home safely.
Yes, wintertime veggies are not the same as we were used to.
Tonight we just had a good soup, full with chicken meat and veggies and rice.
An easy comfort meal.
Stay well, sending you hugs,
Mariette
By the way, how do you manage to have your 1st photo show up as a thumbnail on the side line in My Blog List? Most don't show up at all... Puzzled!
I swear, I don’t know Mariette. It does it by itself.
👀❓❗️
That is exactly why we don't eat vegetables. They are nothing but trouble.
Glad you are still keeping two of your babies close by at night. They're a comfort, I know. Hope Mom's eyes are okay. I hate hothouse tomatoes, too. UGH.
Have a great weekend- Tell Mom to stay safe! xo Diana
I love seeing cats run through the apartment. My oldsters don't do it much at all, not even my big boy, Renn. But the two youngsters I have living with me are another story.
I'm glad your human made it home safely with those dilated eyes!
P.S. I manually entered you guys in my giveaway.
Glad to hear you are a "scamperer".....I know your Mom loves that you are and it's also very good exercise! Nice of you to share your sushi with her too. Your Mom has cool slippers on - are they sheep or bunnies???????? I bet they're warm and I bet you've thought about perhaps borrowing one to use as a pillow - they are soft you know. Tomatoes and lettuce are pretty sad these days AND expensive on top of that! Sigh. Good thing I don't eat that stuff or I might get depressed about it.
Hugs, Teddy :)
Great check-in, KI. I am happy you and your mom are scampering along OK. My mom is also afraid of Romaine lettuce - as if we need anything else to be afraid of around here! She (actually our Instacart shopper) buys the hydroponic lettuce with the roots still on. So yummy. And it stays fresh for a long time, so no waste.
Love and licks,
Cupcake
I love it when kitties run around, Katie Isabella! And I'm glad your mom got home okay with dilated eyes!
Oh Katie, Kozmo is moaning about how drop dead gorgeous you are! Hes even drooling on the keyboard and hes MAD that he was not part of Artsy Caturday...I has to remind him that the WHOLE Thankful Thusday post was about him! He sends his undying LOVE>
Purrs
Marv, Jo Jo, Cinnamon and Barb AND ESPECIALLY Kozmo
Nice photo of you as usual
Glad you still bring donkey to bed. I don't buy Romaine anymore either. XO
I had my eyes dilated before. It was not a fun experience for sure!
That’s such a sweet photo of you and I love your mom’s avatar :-)
How scary that Mom drove with her eyes dilated, Katie! We are glad she made it home safely. We don't do romaine anymore, either. There's a lot of issues with the supply chain, huh.
Mom's dad used to say winter tomatoes tasted like wet tissues!!! We agree about the iceberg too. Mom buys the three-pack of romaine and that seems to last longer.
Ick on dilated eyes. We hope your Mom had good sunglasses.
The Florida Furkids
I can imagine how it must have been driving with dilated eyes🙀Glad she's home safe and sound, Katie. You look gorgeous as ever and that Avatar is one happy picture😸Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday🐾😽💞
Katie, you and Caspurr would get on so well. You should just see the way he scampers and zooms about.
We cannot comment on tomatoes and such like - certainly not on lettuce, as We have no knowledge of such things. We are strictly carnivores. We might ask Our Cousin Lola Bunny what she thinks about it.
Thanks for stopping by Buttercupland. I've got an eye appointment on Wednesday and usually for a couple of hours afterward I'm all blurry and need to wear sunglasses. I use spinach in place of lettuce. I'm on a high spinach diet (really) per my opthalmologist and it's worked out well.
There isn't a whole lot of zooming going on here (not us kitties or the mom bean either). It sounds like you keep your mom bean on her toes.
Oh Katie, you really are so sweet bringing your toys in to Mommy in bed. And those sushis sound amazing!
My mom knows those tomatoes. They look nice but tend to be softish, even mushy. Other than when they are properly in summer season. The law rents have taken to buying Roma tomatoes nowadays. They seem to last well and have better firmness. The slices are a bit small, but four small slices can fit on a sandwich well.
You look as cute as ever Katie and I am a bit slower with toys but still like the odd mousie. Dad says tomato's are universally terrible now where we live. So sad he misses a nice tamater
Lexy has a few toys she likes to bring into the bedroom at night. Her favorites always seem to go missing, though. Your mom's avatar is so cute!
Post a Comment