August 16, 2026

Good Meowning

 Kitties and Woofies, not a lot going on today but here I am!  Here we are, me and Mom.

Night before last,  about half an hour before bedtime-- and Mom was reading a new book.  Silent in the living room, which was lit by one lamp.  So...reading along, she felt the quick brush of fur against the front of her calf.  A common thing each day.  She lowered the book to acknowledge who her mind thought was me.  That was something that I did as I came from down the hall and up to mom ready to be picked up...or invited to climb up the recliner foot platform.  But I wasn't there to be seen.  It was so real she said next day to a friend.  The feeling of fur going by as usual was so genuine seeming.  It was shocking to her that I wasn't there to be picked up, hugged to her chest, smooched all over and talked to.  

But it wasn't saddening.  That it wasn't, surprised her.  Me...I am alright...there are many furriends I have seen and  that I play with as well as my sisfur in the fur, Admiral.  Mom will still say "Good Morning" when she sits up...and still say "Mom is home" when she comes back home.  And "I love you" sometimes.

Today is selfie day.  I will use pictures I can find in Mom's albums.  





30 comments:

Gidget Blue Sky said...

Katie, so sweet that yoo izza bisiting your mum. we love that picture ov yoo!!!

Ms. ~K said...

Oh Sweetheart, I love this photo of you!
Mom feels your presence, and that’s a good thing❣️ I spent the night with your mom last week & we stayed up late reminiscing about all the fun we had on our trips with Rocky & Precious. Good memories! ❤️ Kat Your Loverboy

Kitties Blue said...

Dearest Angel Katie, we are happy to know that you are doing okay, and that you have been giving your mom little signs. It is nice you can spend time with your sisfur and the many friends that traveled before you to the Rainbow Bridge. We know there are oodles of them, including many Kitties Blue. Thinking of you and sending lots of purrs to you and Mom Carole. Our mom sends love and hugs. Thanks for hopping with us! XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali 💓

Marvelous Marv said...

Angel Katie! Mom says that she can feel the befores like that too! Us Cats can always see the befores, we are glad that your Peep can too. And Katie, I Kozmo know where you are all the time. I love to lay beside you, your gentle purrs always make me feel warm and HAPPY! I shall travel the tunnel and purr for your Mom too! Keep being AWESOME your #1 Man Cat - Kozmo

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie...eye am glad ewe R viziitin yur mom ♥♥♥♥♥

Katie Isabella said...

Kisses, Kat

Katie Isabella said...

Oh Kozmo.

John Bellen said...

Our loved ones never leave our hearts, so they never leave our homes, either.

The Island Cats said...

Hey, Katie? Could you say hello to Wally, Ernie and Zoey and tell them we miss them very much?

Katie Isabella said...

Oh yes...yes indeed. xxx

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Nice photo

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are absolutely still with her, and I love that she's talking to you. Love you guys! (Just a quick FYI, Mudpie's hearing seems to be improving. I'll still be talking to the vet tomorrow but today she's reacting to her favorite words.)

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I have the same type of visits from my departed ones

M Dawson said...

Losing them is a sad time, I hope we can gather our memories and love and keep them close.

pilch92 said...

How sweet of you to visit your mom. You are missed by all. XO

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, the bond you and Mom share is so strong that you will surely always be there for her. XO

Nuria de Espinosa said...

Que tierno. Me encanta. Saludos desde España

messymimi said...

It's good she feels you are still with her in many ways.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

It is always lovely to see you, Katie. As Buddhists we believe that we are reborn, and that we all get to see other again. Your mum is very lucky to have you there to look after her.
And that is a wonderful selfie for us this week.
Purrs
ERin

Pam and Teddy said...

Dearest Angel Katie - those little "signs" mean the world to your Mom and we're glad you're settled in at the Bridge and able to visit your Mom from time to time. She misses you terribly and so do we. Always.

Hugs, Teddy and Pam

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie we love your selfie. We are sorry we didn't see you yesterday when you put this out fresh. But we still look for you everyday.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Katie, were you stopping by for an invisible visit to your Mom? I bet you were. Our Dada still thinks he sees Dennis or one of the others out of the corner of his eye, and we all know it's because they're still here, they're just out of sight around the corner or in the next room."

My Mind's Eye said...

Angel Katie Isabella what a lovely furry surprise you gave to Mom...keep doing it. Angel Madi came to see us and left us with such joy
Hugs cecilia

Eastside Cats said...

Angel Katie, what a delightfully loving gift!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

You gave a sign for your Mom, that all is well!

Pix said...

Angel Katie, I am so happy you are staying close to your Mom. She needs you right now and I know how she must be reassured when you let her know you are close. You are missed, Little Girl♥

Leah said...

Awww, Katie. Sweet moment. Keeps us purring.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Oh, sweet Angel Katie, what beautiful signs you give to your mommy. We're sure you give her more and more signs, what a blessing it is to know that you all are still around. It warms my heart to read this😻Have fun, sweetie and say Hi to Angel Stippie and Binky from us. Stippie was here just yesterday, he also gave Granny a headbonk on her ankle💞Soft Pawkisses for a Happy Day to your mommy🐾😽💞

TimberLove said...

Wooooo,

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

We forgot to say that we love the badge of you with Angel Basil💝Two hearties🐾😽💞