May 18, 2026

Mom's Helper

Kitties!  I am going to help mom change the bed linens.  IF she doesn't get the door shut before I can get in there that is.   For some reason, my help is not welcomed.  That's an insult. 

She came in here to type what I told her to, to get me off her trail.  I have refused two separate cans of Feast.  "Here we go again" I heard her mutter.  She will call the V-E-T and make an appt. for my annual T4 test and of course that will include claws and ears and B-12.  Maybe she can catch me before I become more fussy.  Last month it took two days for my appetite to return after I got my shot. (B-12)

Mom here:  I have noticed that when Katie moves to my head after the light is turned off at night, she steps carefully into placed after a few seconds of decision making on her part, she lowers herself down and pokes her face into the niche of my neck and head I fall asleep almost before I could count to 1!!  That warm little face, whiskers and light purrs just send me off immediately.  Without her there..it takes a while as I can't easily quieten my thoughts.   Mom Finished:

Mom said she is going to present the newest breakfast offering again in a minute  I stand on my back legs risen up to get my food- so I am hungry,  NO idea why I refuse  the offering the way I do,  none at all.  

Me in Mom's Dreams....




24 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Oona: "It is good of you to help your mom like that, Katie. Oona helps her Mama at night too. And by 'help' Oona means show up in the bed, meow for attention, crawl under the covers, meow for more attention, snuggle in and get warm, meow for yet more attention, and then leave."
Chaplin: "How does that help Mama sleep?"
Oona: "Who said anything about sleeping?"

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, when you are finicky, you are just finicky. Plus it means more "mom" time, mol. You best be done eatin' by the time Lynn is done usin' her thumbs here. And aren't you two the bestest fur sleepin' together. I have not graced Lynn's bed at night fur ever! But I gotz the leg time still. Hope you can easily help your mommy get you into the PTU soon.

R's Rue said...

Hi my friends. Sending hugs.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella Angel Madi was a very good helper....IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A purrson to make a tent. Her favorite thing was to roll on her back with all four legs straight up of course then I had to play footsies with her.
I hope you ate your breakfast
Hugs cecilia

Katie Isabella said...

Oona, loved that!

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's hard to want food when you have an upset tummy but you need to try sweet Katie. Go ahead, make Mom's day!

Leah said...

What a beautiful dreamy picture of you Katie! You are so sweet to help your Mom go off to Dreamland. Katie, you know that you do need to chow down on your food!

pilch92 said...

How sweet of you to help make the bed. I hope all goes well at the vet. And I hope you finally ate. XO

Pix said...

It's wonderful that your Mom looks to you to quiet her thoughts♥ She loves you so much, Katie. Katie, just give it a try... the FOODS.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Eat, Katie!!! Mudpie works on me as a sedative the same way.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Katie, you need to eat and not help mum change the sheets, also does your mum move during the night and if so how does that make you feel

Pam and Teddy said...

You are your Mom's "comfort pillow" at night Katie! We have always thought it was precious that you and your Mom have such a sweet nighttime routine. I just "visit" my Mom at night and don't stay - Mom says she thinks I'm just making sure that she's breathing because I just do a quick check then guard the bed from the soft carpet. We are the guardians of the Queen right Katie??????

Hugs, Teddy

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We like to help with the sheets too! We hope the shots does the trick with your appetite, Katie!

Purrs,
The Chans

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day my friend. Hugs. xoxo.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie de mor nomz ewe N JOY, de mor N ur gee two hand bag shop which eye guezz can take a while frum what daiz uzed ta say, sew eat yur feezt. 🖤🤍🤍🖤‼️🐾😸

Sandee said...

I love how you sleep with mom. So precious.

Love the funny graphic. I laughed out loud.

I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

Have a fabulous day and week, Katie. ♥

John Bellen said...

A fuzzy head against the neck is better than a fuzzy paw in the eye or on the mouth... And yes, the hungry cat refusing all offers of food: frustrating and worrying at the same time.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, Katie...we know what your meowmy is feeling!
The Hubby says, 'why are you buying this stuff?', and I say, 'Cause it's all he'll eat, darnit!'

meowmeowmans said...

You are a very good helper, sweet Katie. Your mom sure is blessed to have you. Please eat those foods, okay? Love and hugs to you both.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Your help was/is rejected?? The nerve!!
But you must have forgiven her, as you nuzzle against her at night...you are her insomnia cure!
Those watch dogs! My father would have enjoyed that funny, as he was a watchmaker...My brother has his Rolex, but I don't think there were any Timexes...LOL!

messymimi said...

Some people are picky in how their beds are made. Sad but true, we all have our stuff.

You should understand as you can get picky about whether and when and what you eat, right?

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

She is a great bed partner.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

That's just wonderful how you appear in your mommies dream, sweet Katie💗Now, go and eat sweet girl🙏🏼Double Pawkisses for a Happy Day to you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

Darla M Sands said...

You are a treasure. :D Take care of yourself and your mom, Katie Isabella.