March 16, 2025

Oh MY!

 Katie and I spent some time in our small bathroom last night.  There was a tornado in town.  Mom and I were watching the weatherman on TV for half an hour or so until it was 11 minutes away.  The sound was really loud when it did get to town...and according to the weatherman, it was headed for the main street.  For us, we had 2 1/2 inches of rain in about 20 minutes.  The winds were, of course, the scariest part, and the hail was quarter-sized this time.  Another tornado,  probably about 12 years ago gave us baseball-sized hail.  Mom picked up a couple of those and saved them in the freezer for several years. Haven't yet heard of damage in town. 

Mom said I need to quit dictating and allow her to go get ready for my brushies and meds.  Guess I will!  Humph! 




29 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

OH dear sweet Katie Isabella and Mom. We heard about all the horrible winds and rain this mornings news. Very thankful you are both ok and may today be calms and peaceful. Kat's Mom was up until the wee hours of the morning watching the weather.
Hugs Cecilia

Lynn and Precious said...

Just watched a news clip for the storm in Oak Ridge. I am so relieved to hear you two are OK. Bad enough being scared silly and waiting it out in the tub.
But enough with the early tornados. Katie, git yer brushies and yer med and
give yer mommy lots of purrs to over come the siren noise. Precious

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh my cod!!! too scaree!!!! glad yoo izza ok!!! iz dat your kindergarden class photo?

Katie Isabella said...

GIDGET! YOU are the BEST!!! I will be smiling over that all day! Why yes, it is.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie me and de gurl iz buzzed happee ewe both N yur home iz oh kay...hope everee one in yur townz all rite two ♥♥ yur clazz fotoz total lee rockin...eye see ewe ther in de bak row !! ;) ♥♥

Eastside Cats said...

So scary; hope there wasn't much damage.

Kea said...

Oh my gosh, what a frightening experience. I'm so glad you're both safe!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Stay well and under cover. Paws crossed that will be last and woorst of the storms you get.
Purrs
ERin

The Island Cats said...

Oh my is right! I'm glad you are okay, Katie and mom.

John Bellen said...

Tornado! The one weather phenomenon that scares me because it seems to know no rules. It's like a psychotic hurricane. No news of damage is good news indeed.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We are so happy that you and your Mom were safe from the storms. They were horrible in so many places. We got all the wind and smoke and dust from OK and Texas, not much rain. We feel so blessed and hope for the best for all those harmed by the storms.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was so scary for you and Mom but I'm glad all is okay. We got lucky and it scooted right by us.

pilch92 said...

Glad you are safe. I saw on the news that your area had tornadoes and was concerned. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

How scary! We're so glad you're both safe.

Leah said...

Katie I meant to check on you and your Mom much earlier as I saw those storms were going in your direction last night ... We were in the zone of possibility and they were all around us though not in our area as it turned out. So I was busy keeping track ... So glad you are both ok today! We were in an EF4 in 2011 and I hope to never be in one again ... Fun picture!

meowmeowmans said...

That must have been so scary for you both, Katie and Mom Carole. We are glad you are safe, and hope everyone else in your town is, too. XO

Ms. ~K said...

Mom & I were certainly worried about y'all! I was saving a spot for you UTB here❣️❤️😻 Kat

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

OH MY COD!!! How simply terrifying it must have been for you and your mom! Thank cod you are both OK. When my mom lived in Kansas City Missouri, she was in an.F5 tornado that destroyed her house. Thank cod she was in a basement of a house down the street that was totally leveled.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That is too close for my liking! You are a very brave kitty, Katie Isabella. I would have been hiding under Dada's desk the whole time!"

messymimi said...

I pray all is well. These storms are awful, we sometimes get them, too.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Glad to hear you survived a close encounter with the tornado! Time to count your blessings again!

Kitties Blue said...

So happy you both are safe. That is a ton of rain in a short time. The tornados have been awful recently. We have had a couple of watches, but no touch downs. Hope no more come your way. Absolutely love the “school” photo. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Oh, Katie, that sounds really scary. Thank Cat you're allright🙏Your picture reminded Granny at her primary schooldays, don't ask us why...MOL...Double Pawkisses for a Safe Week ahead to you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

That was far too close for comfort. Thankful that you are safe, and we hope the rest of your town is too.

TimberLove said...

Yikes, that is pretty scary. I am glad you are ok.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Oh no! Tornado season is scary - glad you are all safe and sound and no damage.

Darla M Sands said...

I can only echo the comments here. ~hugs~ My father heard a tornado pass over his childhood home and said it sounded like standing next to a freight train. ~shudder~ We live in Ohio's 'tornado valley' and have spent many spring nights in our cellar but, fortunately, have yet to experience the devastation. My heart goes out to all those that have suffered. Be well!

Fur Everywhere said...

Wow, that's scary! I am glad you two are okay!! Hopefully there won't be any more tornadoes to worry about in your area for a long, long time.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

That sounds scary