August 24, 2024

So Far So Good (we think)

Kitties!!  Your purrs and prayers and lovins and words have made a huge difference in mine and Mom's attitude.  We are trying to get thru it all.  

I have a follow-up on September 4.  We'll find out how the abscess and red inflamed gums are then.  If all is well, serious thought has to be made about getting me to the University Veterinary Hospital.  And all kidney care to start.  I am not eating the kidney food yet but I will.  I wasn't eating anything hardly,  and Mom is giving me anything (within reason) that I will eat.  I am hoping hard that I have not lost more weight by the time I go in for my follow-up.  

Mom is walking much much better with the physical therapy  she is having.  She even went out on  the two very cool mornings we did have (the hots are coming again this coming week) and with the therapist's permission, took a walk.  A VERY slow walk.  Only half a mile.  And he had told her "you won't hurt your knee...but it WILL hurt you.  So you know."  Kitties!  Mom about needed crutches that time, it hurt so badly when she got home; and all the day till she got into bed.  Darned if she didn't feel better when she got up the next morning, yesterday,  and she went right back up there for a mile.  She gave it a rest today.  But...she'll have to go again.  Aerobics are too much right now.  So, Mom is a little better, I am a little better and we are doing our best.  These are baby walks for her. 

Ow Ow Ow Ow Owwwww

This is so sweet.  



Made it most of the way.  Owwwwwwww




30 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, we are so glad you are doing better, and purr and pray that good progress continues. We sure hope the antibiotics keep doing their good work on that abscess. We know you're not on that kidney diet just yet, but when our cats had CRF, our vet gave us a list of "best," "better," and "okay" canned foods to try, because you have to eat something, right? I don't know if we still have that list, but if we do, we will share it with you and Mom.

Good job by Mom with that walking. We know how much she enjoys that, so the fact that it hurts to do it must be so hard for her. We are purring about that, too.

Love and hugs to you both!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome for both of you. Now Katie, time to start eating that kidney food - it is good for you. And Mom, keep working at it, a little bit more each day. Slow progress is better than no progress:)

Woos - Misty and Timber

Kitties Blue said...

Happy to hear both of you are doing okay/better. We never could get Fiona to eat the kidney food when she had CKD. Hope you will begin eating it very soon. Keep up the good work both of you. Continuing to send purrs and prayers and POTP. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

It sounds like things are swinging your way. I am praying they continue

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am very happy to hear good news from both of you. Your mom is doing very well with her walking.

The Chair Speaks said...

Sending lots of hugs to you, Katie and your mom!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are glad to read that you are both doing better. We hope that this trend will continue!

Purrs,
The Chans

Kea said...

Katie, I'm glad you're both doing a bit better and hope that trend continues. There used to be a great website for cat kidney disease, Tanya's site, I think her name was. It's probably still up and active, I recall it had extensive information.

Would a temporary supportive knee sleeve help your mom at all? I have three different kinds that are used, depending on how my knee is doing on a given day (osteoarthritis). "Motion is lotion", as my physiotherapist says. So keep moving, even slowly for now!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie you and your mom are both in a boat together. Things haven't been very good for either one of you for a while. You just got to snap out of this because we're praying and purring for you both. Things just aren't easy sometimes are they. You keep trying to eat good okay and your mommy knows what to do about her legs.

Smudge said...

Me and dad hope things keep progressing for both you and your mom, dear Katie. We're purring and praying for your continued well-being.

Katie Isabella said...

Oh, please do share with me if you find it. XX You should still have my mailing address but if not, please let me know. XXOO

Katie Isabella said...

That's where I made my mistake. I gave nothing bu...she threw it right back up.

Katie Isabella said...

Thanky so much.

Katie Isabella said...

Very grateful for your doing that. Very much.

Katie Isabella said...

Thank you so much Very grateful.

Katie Isabella said...

The sleeve I found was too small for my knee. Swelling I guess...but I would love to find one that fits.

Katie Isabella said...

Thank you for the love for us. Really. XX

The J-Cats said...

Oh, We are purraying so furry hard for you both. We love you so much!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am sure glad you are feeling some better sweet Katie and we hope your Mom is doing lots better too.

The Island Cats said...

I'm happy you and your mom are doing better. Purrs to both of you.

Leah said...

Sounds like both you and your Mom are doing a little better, and we will for sure keep up a cascade of resounding purrs here! That looks like such a lovely walk, but we are so sorry about the pain, and we so hope it goes away. Sending hugs and meows for recovery, too.

pilch92 said...

Very happy that you are both doing better. XO

John Bellen said...

Wow, it sounds like progress is being made for both of you.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Glad you are doing a little better and that your Mommy can walk a short distance again!
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

This is what we like to hear that things are going well

catladymac said...

We are so glad you and Mum are both doing better ! Our huMom will be starting some PT too. It is a lot of work but worth it !

messymimi said...

What a happy update! I will continue praying for healing for both of you.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Sending prayers, POTP and hugs to you and your mom. Walking does help even when it hurts. the therapist I went to gave me 15 minutes of balance and other Excercise just for my legs. I have been doing them daily since 2015 and when I got too dizzy to walk 2 weeks ago, missed walking and excercises my legs got worse. I am now back to doing both.. hang in there and keep on walking
Bob's heart doctor says walking is the best of all excerise. prayers for you Katie Isabella

Darla M Sands said...

I'm so proud of you and your mom. ~hugs~ Continue taking care of one another.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Both of you take care of yourselves!!!