Kitties! Woofies! Today mom tricked me, and we went to the v-e-t. I was sedated but not much this time, and brought out of it right after the exam and the blood test..and I was growling. Mom and Vet were actually glad as it showed I was in the here and now quickly!!
I was sedated some, so that the vet could get my bloods for an in-house thyroid reading. We'd know if my values went up, and that that was why I wasn't eating. Well, they had risen from the borderline they have been for several years, to two marks farther up the scale. The next bad news was that my other fang is somewhat loose; but worse, there is an abscess--- and my gum is red and swollen of course. I was given Convenia, an antibiotic that will last two weeks. I will return after the two weeks and she will look again to see if it's any better, and if not, another shot will be given. If I am even moderately better I will head off to the University of Tennessee Veterinary School and have I-131. That will take care of my hyperthyroid.
Mom and I both have been more grateful than we have the best words for, for your love, care, prayers, and purrs. This is where we are now.
Mom has been wondering and feeling very badly that for months as I have stood on my back legs to get the food whenever food was going to be served. I was so hungry all of the time. Mom could see that, she could see me anxious for my meals but she could not understand why I would start to eat..maybe one lick... and have to walk away. Pain. Pure and simple.
Please continue to purr and pray with us that the Convenia will work for the abscess. Then, I can go get my I-131. I am too old to be put all the way to sleep for dental surgery. If it gets desperate, we'd have to do it..and take the consequences. Mom can't even go there.
So right now...we know a lot more and we're working on it. XXOO

.jpeg)
56 comments:
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Hoping that. the shot for the abces in your fang will do its job!
As for the I-131after you've improved from your abces, that is another good thing.
Big hugs for you and your Mom!
Mariette + Kitties
I'm praying the treatments work and all will be well.
Katie we so hope all the treatments work and you feel better soon! More purrs on the way for you and your Mom!
Dearest katie, we are so sorry for this bad news that you have this morning. But the good news is your mommy now knows the root of the problem. In that group will get treated with antibiotics. Your little body simply must let the medicine do its job while we send him prayers and praise
We were trying to say send you purrs and prayers. We all love you so much we know that is what is going to make you both better.
Can there be anything worse that a tooth with an abscess? We hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you can eat painlessly soonest.
Purrs,
The Chans
Hope that shot helps sweet Katie. Still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Katie, lots of prayers from me and purrs from my angels that the meds will do the trick. ❤️🙏
We know that you are getting the very best care, Katie.
Hugs and purrs.
Oh Katie, we hope effurrything will work out quickly. We're thinking a lot of you and send Healing Pawkisses all the time and for the mom too...is that pretty lady your mom in the drawing btw and did you draw it? Double Pawkisses for a Happy and Healthy Weekend to the both of you🐾😽💞
Dear Peachy and Stippie. It is my mommy indeed. I sketched it for her while she was here at the computer listening to my dictation.
Dear Mariette, I am hoping the Convenia will help right away!
Dear Messymini...you are a dear friend. Mom and I give thanks for your prayer for me. XX
Dear Leah, we are so grateful and we will depend on yours and everybuddy's purrs and prayers.
Purrs and prayers that you are feeling better soon.
Dear Lynn and Precious. Anyone in a gray onesie has the strength of a Titan! Yours and Lynn's prayers and purrs are needed and we are grateful.
Mommy has suffered with abscesses in her youth. OWIE!
Thank you Laila and Angel Minchie. XX
Thank you Kea. We are also praying for the same. SO needed for the meds to work.
Many many thanks for your care and prayer, you and the boys.
Dear FurkidsThank you so much, we are waiting for results.
You poor dear girl, the abscess can sure be painful. I hope that shot does the trick for you. I hope you get to do the thyroid zapping soon too. Love you sweet Katie!
katie,we r so soory your toof hertz, hopefully go will feelz better soon. i hadz wun ov my fangz removed, it wuz borked.
Oh sweetest Katie, me n Charlie r sooo sorry 2 hear diz. Lotz of purrayerz n healin purrz fur yoo! Purrleeeez feel betta soon!!! We luvz yoo very muchez! Squeeze huggiez fur yoo n yooz luvly mom!
Dear Katie Isabella and Mom..
Lots of love coming your way. I have my share of dental issues so I truly sympathize..many years ago I had oral surgery on all 4 quardrants at one time.
My mouth was wired shut...I could get soft food in a tiny opening.
Love Cecilia
Paws crossed that the anti-biotics work quickly and your abscess is gone soon. Hoping too that the treatment for your thyroid issues is successful.
continmewed blessingz two ewe katie frum de heer roe oh TT, him goez bye de name st francis and reel lee N troo lee watchez out for uz 💚💖💙💖💚
I hope that antibiotic works well for you and the abscess heals well. I also hope your treatment for thyroid works well too. Continued hugs and prayers sent for you and your mom.
I’m purring that you are feeling better soon, Katie. ~Murphy
Dear Murphey, thank you so much. Mom send smoochies. (well, *I* send 'em)
Thank you so so much Angels Eric and Flynn. And momma. xo
Dear Tabbies... he sure does and he helped me find Katie this very day!
Dear Saku. The I-131 will work for the thyroid but being away from each other for close to a week will be awful. I am hope=ing and so is mom that the antibiotic works.
Dear Mind's Eye...thank you so much. We need all the purrs and prayers we can get. XXX
Dearest Sunny da Kitty! What a joy to hear from you, You must have seen #Pawcircle. XXXX
Dear Gidget Blue Sky, I hope the abscess can be helped a lot, If so, I will go to the College of Veterinary Science and get my I-131. Please keep hoping for me. XXX
Dearest Brian Home Blog, Me too. XX
Well, Katie Isabella, I am so glad you can still be repaired. My Angel Domino had hypothyroidism for years. The meds really helped to control it. I hope the antibiotic will kick that infection to the curb. I don't really know what an I-131 is probably because we are Canadian. It's important that you can eat and feel well once more. You have our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.
Katie, we are a sorry to hear about the tooth. We are certain it is very painful. We wouldn’t want to eat if our mouths hurt. We hope this clears up quickly so you can get that Iodine and get back to good health. We continue to send love, purrs, POTP and prayers. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh
Tooth pain isn't nice, so I hope it all gets cleared up quick and you feel more like you soon
Dear Wendy, I-131 is a radioactive substance that will destroy the thyroid gland with no harm to the cat. They will be separated from you for 5 days though.
Dear Kitties Blue. I knew you would understand what Mom and I are going thru. XXOO
Dear Joanne's Ramblings. Thank you so much for the hope and wish I get better. ox
Dearest Katie! I am so sorry that you have a sore mouth! That is not good. I am purraying that the antibiotics do their job. I LOVE my vet. Dr Ruth is the best. I saw her this week as I have been losing weight even though they upped the dosage of my thyroid meds. They have (once again) upped my meds. And I will have to go back in 6 weeks. I shall sneak through the tunnel this evening and we can commiserate and purr together. Oh, I have nice photos of you and I in the blog tomorrow! Loving you and sending purrs Kozmo
I'm so glad you have some answers and a plan of action!
Dear Marvelous Marv: My precious dearest Kozmo. I didn't know you were losing weight, dearest Kozmo. Please eat darling. I will wait for you tonight with some delicious treats. come straight UTB. XXXOOOXXX always and ever.
Dear Melissa and Mudpie. We are tying our best to get through these bad times.
Hi, it's me again. Just wanted to say that green thing in your bowl isn't a monster. It's a green thumb missing from the hand. That's why you wanted to save Thumb Thing. Hope you feel some better. XO
Or is that THUMB better?
I am sorry you have been in pain. I am glad you have some answers now and can treat the issues. I will keep you in my prayers. XO
Oh Katie Isabells, we are glad you were able to identify the problem. We sure hope the meds work and you can get your thyroid meds too. Most of all, we hope you are feeling somewhat better already and soon to be back at 100%
Woos - Misty and Timber
I am so glad that the trouble was something relatively easy to help you with...and we pawray that the medicine will do its work. We are so sorry that you had so much pain...you poor gal!
Feel better soon!
You cats are too good at hiding your pain, Katie. We've discussed possibilities, and we'll be talking some more, your mum and me.
You know how my Mom and I feel about you dear Katie and we're just happy that you are on top of the situation with your health - your Mommy is taking the VERY best care of you possible and doing it with tons of love. We were happy to see you in the lineup for Zoolatry's August event too - you look stunning as always!!!! Sending you POTP (for you and your Mommy)!
Love, Teddy and Pam
Katie and Mom, we are glad you know more now, and that you and the vets have at least a plan moving forward. We are purring and praying big time that the antibiotics do the trick and then you can get that hyperthyroid treatment real soon. Love you both.
Dear Meowmeowmans. Love you both there too and the fur family. XX
Post a Comment