December 9, 2023

One of My Days...

 Kitties!  Here is one of my delightful visits...just one.  Mom didn't think to get out the flashy box for the others. Can't you just feel the scritchies?  This feller came by to trade one hobby thingy for another that mom had that wasn't suitable for her.  Now she has something that is.  She left me soon after this and spent a couple hours with a friend in town, then another came by and stayed a few hours.  I got LOTS of lovins and scritchies.  I love menfolk best though except for my mom.  But Favorite Brovver is coming back in a week or so.  Mom is going to make real chocolate chip cookies, but use M&M's instead...for Christmas dessert among others. .. and she will ask Brovver to help.  Oh, she finally broke down and got a cookie scoop.  FINALLY she won't have those dinner plate sized cookies spreading out all over the baking sheet!  But she said loudly when she got home "That sucker cost 14 dollars and change!  Add our 10% sales tax...whew!" BUT no dinner plate cookies.  



You guys remember the Nestle commercial with a kid singing "Please don't eat all the morsels, or your cookies will be bald." LOVED that one, she did! 

She said I have to tie on my apron and help clean the bathroom while she vacuums.  Sigh.  A kitty's work is never done. 

17 comments:

cat9984 said...

Hi Katie Isabella -

You are gorgeous!! It's me, Sgt Stripes (with Snoops and Kommando Kitty). We have your blog as one of our favorites now, so we just need to remind Mom to come over. Purrs and Head Bonks

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure sound plenty busy sweet Katie and those cookies do sound yummy!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I can see how much you were enjoying those scritchies. The cookies sound yummy!

Darla M Sands said...

Tee hee...

CCL Wendy said...

I have no recollection of that commercial, but then I live in Canada. I'm so happy you were getting a ton of attention, Katie. The more the better. Fluffed up floof is awesome.

Lynn and Precious said...

Dearest Katie Isabella, is it a good idea to let strang-furs pet you? I am
a 'fraidy cat and will only allow the man-who-rubs-my-belly to do that at
breakfast, otherwise I am off limits to him. Now Lynn, I am training her
to brush me a dozen times a day. But you do look comfy with that strang-fur. Precious

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Ok Katie you must be loving the attention and the nice sounding cookie does sound good

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella I'm jealous of the man rubbing your lush silky furs
Hugs Cecilia

John Bellen said...

Fourteen dollars for a cookie-scoop? The ingredients of the cookies may cost less!

pilch92 said...

Is the cookie scoop made of gold? That was pricey. :) XO

meowmeowmans said...

We can feel the scritches over here, Katie. What a nice visit! :)

Those cookies sound delicious, for sure.

Hugs to you and Mom!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You love to be loved! I bet she didn't make you clean the bathroom ;)

Leah said...

Lots of scritches sounds good to me, Katie! And you look very content. The cookies sound yummy!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
You are an adorable kitty girl and who would not want to give you scritchies?
No doubt those cookies will be delicious.
Hugs,
Mariette

The J-Cats said...

Dearest Katie, We can see how you were REALLY loving those scritchies and petting.

As for the cookies - dinnerplate-size cookies are actually a really good idea. Suppose you were limited to just one cookie. Wouldn't youp refurr one the size of a dinnerplate to a titchy little teeny-tiny one (mol)?

catladymac said...

You say "dinner plate cookies" like that's a bad thing !

messymimi said...

I can think of some people, especially men people, who wouldn't mind dinner plate sized cookies at all.

It looks like you had plenty of scritches and lots of loving, and I hope you both enjoy having "brovver" home.