September 19, 2023

Sunpuddle Day,

 Kitties!  The sun is out though it is still kind of cold in the house from the low of 53.  Mom set the heat not to come on during the night unless it got to under 68 in here.  It was just that when she finally got up.   

She set up a baffle so I couldn't lie on her head for a while.  She was sleepy during the day as I don't allow undisturbed sleep.   I was very disappointed by the baffle and I still tried to get around it which made mom feel badly.  BUT she slept till 7!!! And she was not sleepy the entire day.  Last night was the third night with the baffle.  Mom said sometimes she has to do something to survive.


 This was Admiral, the Tortie who came before.  She was careful always to sleep on Mom's side of the bed.  
Notice my, Katie's, side and the Admiral's and Robin's, and Hopping John's side...untouched. 

22 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

OH dear Me Felines aren't very good at changing their routine.
Katie Isabella it is either sleeping with the baffle between you and mom or you being banished to sleep out of the room all alone.
Hugs I think that would be worse to be alone than to have a baffle divider. (I do realize that you would probably protest in the voice of all your people if banished to another room.) But maybe give the baffle a try
Hugs Cecilia

Kea said...

Katie, humans need their sleep, so if the baffle works, I say (to your mom) to keep using it!

The Admiral looked very cosy there, it's nice to see a couple of pics of her, even from the back (with all that floof!). :-)

Leah said...

Best your Mom gets plenty of sleep, Katie, even though you may find it, well, baffling. Fun to see Admiral's pictures today!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Your mum needs plenty of good sleep, even if you don't get why it is what it is.

Eastside Cats said...

We don't know why you want to sleep on your meowmy's head, Katie!

Saku said...

Your mom bean needs the sleep so she can take extra special care of you Katie. I understand wanting to be close but maybe you has to do that during the day.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Glad to see your mom outsmarted you to get some sleep!

John Bellen said...

Has Leopard retired from keeping you off your mum, Katie? And I recognised the Admiral right away. She looks so comfy there.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hello sweet Katie! Hey, I'm always baffled at what humans do!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You want your mom to be well rested, don't she? What if she was too tired to feed you?

pilch92 said...

Sorry your mom doesn't appreciate you sweet Katie. XO

messymimi said...

Sometimes humans need kitties to help by cooperating in such things, even though it's hard. You'll gain more than you lose if you do.

The Island Cats said...

I guess your mom doesn't want you using her head as a pillow, Katie. I don't know why that is. ~Ernie

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

You know how to properly enjoy a sun puddle

meowmeowmans said...

Sorry about that baffle, Katie. Your mom does need some sleep sometimes (because humans are like that). It was nice seeing our friend Admiral today. She looked so comfy on the bed! XO

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your mom does need her sleep, Katie. We humans do get cranky when we don't get enough.

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Katie Isabella, the trouble with hoomans is they do not nap like
us kitties. Otherwise your mommy would nev-fur ev-fur mind you being on
her head, mol. Angel Admiral had the nap position done pat. I've been outside
at 5:30 AM in the colder 40 degree, watching for moths. Lynn gave me a rug
to sit my tushie on as the concrete is cold. Precious

Pam and Teddy said...

Katie! Mom and I haven't been able to get ON your blog until just now - did you wonder where the heck we were? We've been here all along and happy you and your Mom visit US. Hopefully we can become "frequent flyers" here on YOUR blog now???????

Lots of huggies........Teddy and Mom Pam

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Its hard when the humans do not appreciate our love in action...but they do seem to need a lot of that shut eye stuff, undisturbed or they don't function too well in the light-o'clock hours.

Mickey's Musings said...

Yup, humans need their sleep as they do not catnap like we smart cats do during the day :) MOL!
Purrs Julie

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Humans🙄...MOL...Double Pawkisses for a happy day and a peaceful sleep for your mommy🐾😽💞

Darla M Sands said...

Humans can be so quirky. lol Best wishes, my dears.