Mom and Brother went off to lunch Saturday with the other brother..we ate at our fave restaurant. Then, we headed to other brother's home and had cake and gifties! Mom had one and a half pieces of cake and she foundered! Her belly didn't recover till about 7 p.m. She had two of the chicken fingers then, that she made for supper and a spoon of mashed potatoes & that about did her in. Now today, she is back to normal.
Brother went back to Charlotte and Mom will miss him so much. Me too. I brought him Floppy Mousie. Mom got Donkey.
![]() |
| Mom told you I take up a lot of bed! |
This is a tad fuzzy. But it is a gift mommy got yesterday among others. It's all three of my brothers- and her grandson's birth flowers. And the red stone denotes the ruby birthstone of her daughter-in-law.
Mom said her cake was her fave...yellow with chocolate icing.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
19 comments:
I'm so glad that you and your Mom and Brovvers had a fabulous time!!!
That is a lovely gift. I am glad everyone had a great time.
I agree with both comments. :D Best wishes, my dear.
That's a beautiful and deeply meaningful gift to your mum, Katie. I'm glad it was such a great visit.
Never discount the chicken fingers. TBT went fishing far from home and had to ask what "chicken fingers were. The waitress looked at him like he grew up unner a rock.
Learnomg that chicken fingers were basically chicken "fish sticks with gravy" he ordered some and liked it. The bean soup he also ordered was not so impressive. A few lima beans in chicken broth.
Pleased you had a good visit with your brother and now I want cake don't have any.
Sounds like your mom had a nice early birthday lunch. That is a beautiful necklace. XO
Sounds just purrfect!
Sounds like a pawsome time!
What a great time you all had. That’s a beautiful gift your mom got, Katie.
It sounds like a wonderful time, except for the tummy ache..
It sounds like great fun
It sure sounds like you and Mom had a great visit with you Brovver, Katie! All that food sounds so delicious, and that necklace Mom got is so special. We saw that the Vols won their game, big-time. Bet that made you all happy! XO
Glad you and your Mom had such a great time with the brothers, Katie! What a lovely gift, and it sounds like a great chowdown! Except for your Mom's for the overpowering cake encounter, it all sounds marvelous!
Katie, what a fantastic celebration for your mommy. And what a beautiful necklace. We're so glad you all had such a good time. And it is sad when family has to drive all those miles away and makes it hard to see him again for a while.
That cake sounds nice, and a perfect way to fill the tummy, at least till teatime.
What a lovely gift, something for special occasions.
ERin
The birth flowers necklace is gorgeous!
KATIE ISABELLA I BELIEVE TODAY IS YOUR MOM'S BIRTHDAY...PLEASE GIVE HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUG.
The necklace is beautiful just beautiful and so special
Hugs cecilia
I chuckled at the piece and a half of cake. Well, I probably would have done the same - but with more chicken fingers and mashed potatoes to follow...
Post a Comment