February 13, 2022

Here I am Again

 Mom is about to go wash her hair...so I told her to get cracking here.  She makes a big long ordeal out of it.  Wash, dry, apply stuffs, set  it for an hour...flat iron, style...like FOREVER! No, she isn't cutting it regardless of how it's a pain.  She likes long hair.  But I have to tell you, each time she goes through this she sputters and complains about making it a bob.  She was once made to make it short and she wasn't happy about that! As a reward to herself when she finally left that occupation- she let it grow to half way+ down her back.  Just because she could.  

Meanwhile we woke this morning and there was snow on the deck.  Unexpected.  Just a skiff of snow.  Of no consequence but still...there it was.  It's 25 F out there.  Sunny however, thank goodness. 

This photo is me yesterday in the window.  I was patrolling.  I have eyes in the back of my head, you know.  Not a problem to face the other way.  Not at all.  I am on my new but used each day blankie that Miss Stacy made for me!  


Not sure if I will succeed but here is my selfie.  Um.  Well, I had a bit of help.  Here is Miss Janet's logo.  In case I succeed this time. 



29 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

We see your beautiful selfie, Katie. It snowed here, too. Actually, it still is snowing. We hope your mom finishes with her hair soon, so she can do more importnat stuff, like giving you love and attention. :)

Eastside Cats said...

Katie, once I found a stylist who LURVed working with short hair, I've kept it short.
No man's cut for me, and she encourages me to NOT dye!

pilch92 said...

We woke to an inch and a half of unexpected snow. Beautiful selfie. XO

The Florida Furkids said...

Moms spend a lot of time on their hair!!

Great selfie.

The J-Cats said...

That's a beautiful selfie, Katie.

Her hair certainly keeps your Mom busy, it seems. But - she irons it? How???

Katie Isabella said...

@J-Cats Her has a flat iron she uses.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely snoozy selfie, Miss Katie.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I sure hope we're done with the snow. YOu look snoozy lovely sweet Katie and congrats on linking up on the blog hop, it worked!

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella eyes in the back of your head are most handy...
Happy Valentine's Eve to you and Mom. I bet her furs look lovely after all the pampering
Hugs cecilia

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, still frigid enough for Precious to get icicles every morn.
You're looking quite lovely on the warm blankie.

M Dawson said...

You did it. Selfie time it is!!!!

Well done with keeping curled up and cosy and our Mum had long hair but it's summer here and can get hot to mum cut it all off!!!

The Island Cats said...

Nice one, Katie! The mom has really short hair…has had short hair most of her life. She couldn’t go through all that styling stuff.~Ernie

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I insist on long hair too. If only we could keep it as purrfect as a kitty's fur!

Saku said...

We kitties know how to sleep with one eye open Katie. Nothing is going to get past us. MOL!

Mom bean has grown her hair long the past two years - she always used to keep it short. Now when I want to wake her up I just comb it with my claws. Works every time!

John Bellen said...

I'm sure your mum's hair turns out wonderfully worth the time and effort. Not like mine: a couple of minutes and it's done...

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

People are weird about grooming. To us it's one lick and we're ready to go.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human has a whole hair routine too! It is almost as elaborate as my bath routine, MOL!

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie Darling! You ae drop dead gorgeous! And I LOVED the Valentine Card you sent me! I made Mom post mine! Happy Valentine’s Day dear heart! We have not been posting the last couple of weeks, Mom has been super busy working on the committee trying to keep the Elementary School in our community. We are hoping that we get back to regular posting and commenting soon. Know that I, Kozmo love you too bits and we wish a Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your Peep Purrs and Head Bonks - Kozmo

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

My mum used to have long hair but now she's cut it a bit shorter so it can be more manageable.

Love your selfie!

Pam and Teddy said...

My Mom has very little hair after her cancer treatment back in 2007 but what little she has is SHORT and easy peasy to care for. She used to have long hair as a little girl though! It looks like you have a very comfy watch post and like you, I have eyes in the back of my head so no matter WHAT I can keep an eye on everything around me. Cats need to do that as we are very nosy and need to know what's going on EVERY SECOND!!! Hope you and your Mom have a wonderful VALENTINE'S DAY Katie........

Love and Hugs, Teddy

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Isn't it lovely to be nice and warm when it is cold outside?

Happy Valentine's Day, Miss Katie!

Purrs,
Tama and Benny

Mickey's Musings said...

Happy Valentine's Day Katie!!
I am happy that you have a nice warm home.
It is snowing here and should last all day!
I am happy to be indoors!
Purrs, Julie

Genevieve said...

Mom's hair was long like that since 4th grade. In 1997, she made a New Year's Resolution to get it cut. It took her till July, but she did it - from the middle of her back to a pixie cut one shot. She has never looked back.

I love that you have eyes in back of your head. I can only wish....

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I think you see better with your eyes open, but there is always your ears to let you know if something is happening.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

I need aa hair cut I do not like long hair and due to the effort and cost I no longer dye my hair.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

You look so cosy in your Selfie, Katie. We hope to skip snow this Winter🙏 Thank you again for your beautiful card, Katie and mom, that was one big surpurrize when we opened our mailbox💖 🌹Pawkisses for a Happy 💗 Day to the both of you🐾😽💞

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Wow, lovely post for reading at the end of the day, just before having green tea with mixed unsalted nuts.
The tree man stopped by and tomorrow they will come and cut some giants down in the adjacent wood garden. We want to give our beach and the three evergreen oaks from Mexico; China and Japan some 'elbow' room to grow out fully.
Pieter has been doing so much work on the underbrush so far but I'm ready for going biking with him together... Need to exercise!
Love the photo where you are patrolling and yes, kitties can see from the back of their heads!
Hugs,
Mariette

PS guess I shampoo my hair Wednesday morning. This morning I was off to the nephrologist and tomorrow Pieter will have his 6 upper crowns pulled (3 weeks delay!) and dentures inserted in the upper part. Will go with him...

Ivan from WMD said...

We bet you missed nothing with that second set of eyes, Katie!

Our mom has long hair too. She jokes she cuts it all off only every 20 years (1980, 2000) but thankfully missed 2020. Oh, and you know what else? In 2000 it caused more of a sensation than Bon Jovi's haircut--folks from other buildings where she worked came by to see. True story.

Darla M Sands said...

My blessings go out to Pam and Teddy's mom.