Today we bloggers are going to honor our friend, Pate Cusack. We will point out our favorite blog.
I have a lot of respect and care for Dad Pete. I am still reeling, knowing that he is gone. It seems as though he is right here still among us all. I wonder if I am the only one who feels a presence, so to speak.
I wish we could know how the cats are doing in their new home. I do trust they are cared for and together, but I miss Dad Pete's unique and loving way of writing about them. They, and Pete as well, were so familiar and close to us all. He never failed to help us when we got into a problem with our cats.
My most favorite blog was about the Cardwood Derby the Cat scouts had. Timmy of course was among them. His Dad posted that video on utube and each time I look at it, I still roll laughing. I loved it then, and I still do. Please watch and remember that sweet time with Timmy and his Dad. If it doesn't "take" I will try again. The sound in the video just sent me to the floor rolling. Thank you Dad Pete. Sending you love.
21 comments:
Katie, we'd seen a comment on another blog* stating that Pete's cats were together and being well-cared for. That eased our mind, though we don't have any details.
*It was John's comment, think it was on the Tabbies blog, their post last week about Pete. That was the first I'd heard of any kind of an update.
I do miss seeing all the caps Dan Pete took such special care of. And of course we hope but they're all together as a family somewhere. Thanks for the remembrance on this cat family today.
Yes indeed - have no fear - Pete had arranged for his cats to have a happy home with a good friend. The four of them are together still and well looked after. Pete always did a wonderful job keeping his cats engaged at Cat Scouts and the Cardwood Derby was something everyone really enjoyed - Angel Sammy was quite the racer and his Dad built him quite a car for the race - - too bad Sammy would NOT get into the car!!! HAHA Lots of fabulous memories of Pete and his cats. He would have been 69 today - Happy Birthday Pete.
Hugs, Pam (and Teddy too)
Awwww, nice tribute to Dad Pete and his blood and kitties, Katie Isabella. We were just getting to know him and we are so saddened by his loss.
Pete was such an amazing guy! We miss him too.
I didn't know Dad Pete as well as many of you. Over the last year I learned more about him. His photo is full of love and kindness. I too hope his babes are doing well. He left his legacy of love and kindness
Hugs Cecilia
We too are hoping that some news of the kitties reaches us; we too lost a friend when Angel Pete flew to Heaven.
Thank you for sharing this. I had seen photos, but not the video. Pete will never be forgotten. XO
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Dad Peter belongs to the warm and kind persons that give kitties a home, love and joy!
The video, I was the 99th viewer, is great! Timmy Tomcat as the driver and the two mechanics.
May he rest in peace and that the kitties enjoy a happy life with their new owners.
Hugs,
Mariette
Lovely post. We hope the kitties are doing well in their new home.
We miss Pete. May he rest in peace x
I feel very sad about Pete's passing. Perhaps if it had been less sudden - at least to those who knew him only through his blog - it would be easier to absorb, though probably not. He was one in millions.
That was a fun video to remember dad Pete. He will always be greatly missed.
Sadly, I never read his blog, but it seems Dad Pete was well loved, as were his furbabies.
My sympathies on the loss of your friend.
Dad Pete was a great guy. He had a wonderful sense of humor and was always ready to help out when needed. We remember the Cardwood Derby but aren't sure we ever saw that video. Thanks for sharing it.
You're not alone, we feel that Dad Pete is with us and will be watching over us for a long time, we're glad about that. That was a beautiful tribute to dear Dad Pete.
Pete was a wonderful cat dad and will be missed by us all.
He brought people a lot of joy
thanx for sharing this video....it was hilarious. I know pete and the cats who were IN cat scouts thoroughly enjoyed it. happy birthday to you "pops" !! ♥♥
What a loss. I never got the joy of interacting but am so happy he touched so many lives. And the fact his furry family is getting good care is wonderful.
Dad Pete's kind and loving spirit does indeed live on. He was such an amazing cat dad, and a great friend to so many of us.
We only knew Dad Pete through his kitties on their blog and his passing was a great Shock to Us. We have heard his furbabies have a new home, together but We wish We could have some more news of them. We are sure Dad Pete is still watching over them from above though.
Post a Comment