December 2, 2021

l Say, Old Bean...

 I called Mom Old Bean and she took exception to it.  Humph. But, I say (to her) that I am tired of being disturbed at my naps.  She is constantly passing by doing her housework and stuffs and doesn't mind that the wind she makes from the force of her passing by like a hurricane disturbs me.  



I was airing out my bikini, after a fine wash down,  and catching some rays, and here she comes again.  Whisking by as though I was not there.  I could catch her in HER bikini (not that she has one)(or would ever wear it if she did)  and we'll see who is disturbed the most.  Taking a photo with her iPhone is not that hard!! 

Mom stole this. Houdini learned his all from this! 


20 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those humans do rush around sometimes. Love that funny sweet Katie!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Haha, you are humorous and indeed, kitties get way too often disturbed!
Tomorrow my new Miele vacuum cleaner will arrive and you bet the kitties will be THRILLED!
They already hate it that all week they had to deal with the painter duo, and hearing ladders being set against all our walls.
I've kept the indoor shutters mostly closed or almost closed so it would not spook them out too much.
Life is not easy being a kitty and wanting to sleep/nap/digest foods for about 18 hours out of a short day.
Hugs,
Mariette
Loved the Houdini cartoon...😜

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Humans need to take a lesson from us and only hurry if there are visitors or food

John Bellen said...

I know how your mum feels, though I have to try it with three or four cats lying about...

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Us pups have those same thoughts, Katie!
Peeps have no idea, do they??

Long time ago, MJF and Two of our kitties; Simba and Toki loved it when the vacuum came out of hiding, and then when she was finished they wanted to have a turn, so she used the wand brush on them! They loved it!! LOL!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is most inconsiderate of your mom, Katie.

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, she probably shadow here Sunshine is she whizzed by. That would certainly interrupt any sunbathing that you would want to do. The cartoon is perfect because we all know that cats can really try their best to escape the doctor.

Kea said...

Ha! WE love that cartoon, it's so true. Or add when they know it's med time too. LOL.

Katie, you should teleport over here, the biped doesn't whiz around too often anymore, certainly not to clean or do other chores. She can be focused and hard-working, but she doesn't rush much anymore. :-D

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie; eye iz crackin up...wind... N.... beanz....they go two gether ewe noe ;) ♥♥

Eastside Cats said...

Harry Houdini would have learned a lot from cats!
Did you know that he told Sir Arthur Conan Doyle that he was a fool to believe in fairies?
Turns out, the fairy photos that SACD loved so much were fakes, using cut-outs on sticks.

pilch92 said...

You are so cute-love the bikini. xo

The Island Cats said...

Your mom needs to stop and rub the belly. :)

Ivan from WMD said...

We agree with Ernie, only if you call her Old Bean again she probably won't!

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie my love! I did a Feline Friday pawtrait just for you! I must say, I am a little overcome looking at you in your bikini...You are a lushious lady cat! Yours now and forever, your Kozmo

meowmeowmans said...

It's true here, too, Katie. My Mom and Dad also rush around doing their stuff while I am trying to sleep. Nervy of them. XO from Ava

Pam and Teddy said...

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Houdini studied movies of human attempts at taking their cats to the vet - gave him all kinds of escape ideas! As for you being disturbed by your Mom as she goes about doing her thing - Sometimes I think our Moms believe what THEY are doing takes priority over what WE are doing (aka napping). They are WRONG!

Hugs, Teddy

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella…. I am nearly speechless…I had no idea your mom was inconsiderate of your needs. I say demerits are in order
Lots of them.
Hugs Cecilia

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

One of #1's best friends calls her that!

Purrs,
Tama and Benny

Genevieve said...

In my experience, Moms don't like being called "old" anything! Be careful, KI. Remember who's in charge of the foods and treatos.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Humans................