October 24, 2021

The Perils of Floppy Mousie

Kitties, what a bad little family I have!  Well, they could have been bad! 

  Mom came home in time today  to catch   see me with Floppy Mousie in the bathroom.  I only took him in to see his swimming pool IF he wanted to go swimming.  That's all.  Mom's making something out of it!  I thought a refreshing bath would be nice on a sunny day!  Trying to be a good mom...as always!  I only asked him.  I dropped  laid him carefully nearby so that he could try a swim at his leisure.  That's all.  He whispered to mom I was going to drown him!  As if!

Personally, I think she needs to talk to Donkey!   He was up ALL night watching TV. Wasting her electricity, he was.  She found him fast asleep at 7 this morning on our chair after staying awake all night and failing to make his rounds!  I got proof stepping on the iPhone's button! 


  

28 comments:

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Boy oh boy! What's all this about drowning and donkey's watching tv?
That's a lot of activity in your house and I don't believe for one
minute you would try to drown a mouse. Bridget here might...!

Lynn and Precious said...

Sounds like Floppy Mouse is trying to get you in trouble, Katie Isabella. Pointing his
tiny tail in your direction for swimming. And Donkey! What on earth was on TV worth
seeing in the middle of the night? Gun Smoke with Festus' mule?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Floppy Mousie was lucky not to get drowned. If Flynn brought back a shrew they were not good to eat, so Eric would throw them in the water bowl. They were already dead when Flynn came back with them.)

Sasha said...

The house is full of activity at night!

NanaDiana said...

Uh-Oh- Sounds like mischief afoot to me! Did Mousie actually WHISPER that he wanted to go swimming? lol. Hope you have a good night and keep an eye on that Donkey! xo Diana

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We are sure you didn't mean to hurt anyone.

The Island Cats said...

You need to keep those toys in line, Katie.

Marvelous Marv said...

Marv often puts his Ratty in the water dish. He says Ratty likes to swim and (apparently) likes to watch television in the middle of the night too! We hope you can keep Donkey in line better than we can Ratty!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's very cute sweet Katie! Simon likes to take his mousies swimming too!

pilch92 said...

How dare mousie accuse you of trying to harm him. You shouldn't squeal on donkey though. XO

Saku said...

For goodness sakes, those silly toys sure get around your house Katie. We're certain you weren't going to drown mousie. Not that he wouldn't have deserved it, MOL!

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, Katie. Your toys get into all kinds of fun, it sounds like!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I think those two might hav e conspired to set you up, Katie I!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

They are certainly keeping you busy, Miss Katie!

Purrs,
Tama and Benny

Pam and Teddy said...

My goodness Katie! Sounds to me like your little family is acting up just a bit and may need a little lecture or two from you just to keep them in line. I think it was quite considerate of you to take Floppy Mouse to the bathroom for a possible swim - not your fault he wasn't in the mood. And donkey staying up all night watching TV then falling asleep on the chair? Unless he had your permission I think he might be stretching his boundaries a bit. You'll whip them into shape I'm sure of that!

Hugs, Teddy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
At least you DO reign and you make sure there is life and action in your home!
Hugs,
Mariette

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella wonder why Donk Donk feels the need to show his tush in the wee hours when all smart beings are sleeping?
MOL MOL MOL
Hugs Cecilia

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Your little family is certainly busy! We think Donkey was up all night with us. Just maybe, because we were running around all night and kept mom up.

The Florida Furkids said...

Your house has a lot of activity at night!!

Genevieve said...

Your little family needs constant watching. How will you get your beauty sleep, KI??

Love and licks,
Cupcake

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie; we haza sayin round heer; never trust a mouz in de houz N donkeeez can bee reel azzez ~~~~~~~~~

bye de way; hope all iz well with lion :) ☺☺♥♥

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Donkeys and mice in the house--what next?

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Donkey is like my mum. She stays up all night watching TV too!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Floopy is such a dopper trying to get you into trouble

Ivan from WMD said...

Gotta watch them every moment, Katie!

John Bellen said...

I think sitting, relaxing by a swimming bath is even better than swimming in it: the warmth, the calming steam...most soothing. I think Mousie appreciated the gesture, Katie. And what is Donkey watching so late? Reruns from the 1950s and '60s? Late movies? Ah, the good old days, when you had to stay up to watch those shows. Maybe Donkey remembers that.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

Bear (and now Latte!!!) LOVED dropping toys in his water bowl. And then of course, they give up if it takes too long to try to get them back out. But you were very thoughtful taking Floppy Mousie to the beach on a sunny day!

Darla M Sands said...

~giggle~