October 3, 2021

Selfie Sunday

 Kitties, Here I am.  Mom is doing her usual overthinking.  She is always concerned, because there really is a change in behavior ever since I had my fang stolen.   Mom and friends can't understand why.  Some say it's because I'm slowing down and I am.  But this is abrupt and lasting.  

Here I am, for my selfie I present ME in my office chair.  


I am going to try to enter the Sunday Selfies that Mom Janet has created for us.



31 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

You do look beautiful sweet Katie! We all slow down as we get older and having a fang removed is quite the body trauma so it takes a while to recover.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella what a most beautiful selfie of every piece and part of your sweet self. I used to overthink things too with Madi so I understand Mom 100%
Hugs Cecilia

Lynn and Precious said...

We here hope you are not showing your age Katie, but just using your fang removal
as a good way to be pampered more. Deservingly so, Precious thinks. She likes to use
the kitty card for lots of things, like hair brush, frog toss, catnip and make her
bed tent. She lost the tent this morn, as I had to wash sheets and air the mattress
so she UTB, as you sweetie purr it. Lynn and Precious

Pradeep Nair said...

Ah! You look smart, Katie!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well yes, YOUR office chair!
Queen Katie Isabella, with or without 'fang', still reigns the house!
Hugs from within TN this time; Murfreesboro right now and off to Goodletsville for visitation and funeral later...
Mariette

John Bellen said...

That fang was probably botherinbg you quite a bit, Katie. Now that it's gone, you feel more relaxed. Perhaps not age, but comfort.

meowmeowmans said...

Awesome and beautoful selfie, Katie! It might be a little while more until you're feeling 100% yourself again, but we think you will get there. Hugs to you and Mom.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Katie, this makes us very sad to hear you say you're slowing down. Let's have a talk... I had both of my fangs stolen, and I wasn't quite the same afterward. Give it some time to come around. I had to go for acupuncture because I lost so much weight. My snots came back worse than ever after losing my fangs and I couldn't smell my food. Lexy and I think you just need a little time to adjust to life without a fang. It can be a little traumatic. P.s. Mommy says I look like Elvis a lot because I have a little snarl now. MOL

Catscue Cat Mom said...

What a beautiful selfie Katie! Everything takes longer to heal as we get older, you'll be back in fine form soon.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your selfie is beautiful, Katie. We all slow down as we get older. If I slow down much more I will be in reverse!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We think you will get back to better in a month dear friend. You know you have a lot of purrs and prayers coming from all over that will help!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Your chair selfie is the most pawsome of selfies!! Do office chairs give one the smarts??
If so then us pups need to hijack the char that petcretary sits in to pen our blogs...

Sorry the age thing is getting to you so much...we hope you will be frisky soon, once again:)

Mickey's Musings said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo1
That is a very lovely selfie Katie!!!!!!
Purrs, Julie

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Give it time, healing is never instant, and then I think you will recover your spark. Don't stress but if Mom keeps on being worried tell her to ask he vet for advice.

pilch92 said...

As long as you are eating there isn't much to worry about. My kitties change behavior often. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Us moms worry...that's what we do! Purrs that you're back to yourself quickly!

The Island Cats said...

Yeah, my mom is a big worry wort too, Katie. It’s what moms do. Great selfie! ~Ernie

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You look good, Katie! I am sending purrs your way.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We hope you start to feel like your old self soon.

Anonymous said...

You look great in your chair Katie!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are sorry to hear there as been a drastic change in behavior and your Mom is worried. If it's right after your fangs are stolen and you are on pain meds it may be the medication. Healing purrs and we hope you are feeling more yourself soon.

Pam and Teddy said...

Dear Katie....you know that we all have our ups and downs - even our humans do (although they don't do it as NICELY as we do!). I am hoping your downs when they happen are few and far between because you are so loved by your family AND your fans! If we have a down day once in a while it's usually because we are doing some heavy thinking right? And we do have the added responsibility of "human management" which is exhausting to say the least. You just keep on being Katie - you do it so well!!!!!!!

Love, Teddy

The Florida Furkids said...

Moms sometimes overthink but thats because they love us so much. You did a great job with your selfie.

The Florida Furkids

Leah said...

I absolutely love that selfie of you Katie! I'm so sorry to hear your Mom is worried about you. Hopefully just a little more time and you will completely bounce back from losing your fang.

Saku said...

Oh you're such a sweetie Katie. Mom beans do tend to worry. that's part of their job.

Genevieve said...

Behavior changes keep moms on their toes. It gives them a chance to worry too much, which they LOVE to do. That said, I hope you are feeling fine, KI.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You must do a lot of work to need your own office chair, Katie!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Looking oh so good

Smudge said...

What a beautiful relaxed selfie, dear Katie. You know, I'm kinda in the same boat here. Seems ever since I had my fangs yanked and my full checkup I haven't been myself. Mom's gonna take me to the vet today most likely as I've been wobbling a little and have lost my footing a few times.

Kitties Blue said...

We were thrilled to have you join us for Selfies, Katie. We hope you are just slowing down due to the normal aging process. Some of us are doing that as well. Is the missing fang affecting your eating? Several Kitties Blue have lost fangs through the years and it hasn’t seemed to bother them. Purring that you are okay! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer & Kizmet

Darla M Sands said...

I hope the behavioral change is just you adjusting to this change. ~hugs~ Best wishes to you and your lovely family, beautiful.