August 24, 2021

Now Mom and I know.

 Kitties, Woofies, Mommy took me off to the v-e-t this afternoon and I got a chance to show them how good I am when Mommy is on there with me.  They allowed that.





I got an exam, and the only thing that turned up was a very painful back.  Each time she pressed a little, I winced a lot.  Mom was asked about me having an x-ray and mom said absolutely.  The good news is, my entire bone structure is excellent.  She said it had to be that I hurt myself Saturday I think it was, when I fell from my crow's nest.  She supposed perhaps I twisted trying to catch myself and that torsion hurt me pretty badly.

That explains why I won't patrol and why I am sleeping on the floor all over the house.  Except I do sleep with my mommy still.  I haven't bought my family in..not even Donkey.  Nothing will keep me from my mom though.

I have two meds that mom brought home.  One is Gabapentin for 5 days, and there is another anti-inflammatory  for 5 days as well.  Mom got me some me Forta-Flora, and my nail trim was complimentary.  

The vet got to see for herself why I can't be pilled by momma and said so!   WHAT a mess the tech had.  But mom hired her this time as she was finally  able to hire a tech to come over every day for the 5 days and pill me.

Look what she bought me?  She said by golly I was not going to fall through the hole in the crow's nest ever again!  I'll get it tomorrow. My human sister will fetch it since she has a SUV.







Lots of love to each and all of you who cared and said so on my bloggie here and on Face Book.  It meant the world to us.  The prayers and thoughts were winged...straight to me.  Mom felt better too.  XXX


33 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I always knew you were good, Moms make everything better. Hooray for that new tree sweet Katie!!! I'm so glad nothing inside was majorly messed up.

The Whiskeratti said...

That is a lovely tree. I'm so sorry you gotta hurt but it will heal and you will peaceful again. Hugs

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
That is VERY GOOD NEWS!
For all that is, for you, your worried Mom and your on-line family.
Glad you get a new crows nest too.
That must make you feel like a real pampered queen and those 5 pilling days will soon be over.
Hugs,
Mariette

La Cabeza Grande said...

Owie! We're so glad you and Mommy know why you've not been feeling your best. So great that she'll have help giving you the pills making things much less stressful.

Much love and many happy hugs!
Angels Nick and Elvis,brofurs Rocky and Phinny.

Ivan from WMD said...

Katie, it seems we missed a bunch! We hope you get to feeling better very soon. And how nice your mom has help with your meds! Great new tree, too!

pilch92 said...

Sorry you hurt yourself, but glad you have good bone structure. That is a nice new tree. XO

Random Felines said...

Purrs to you and your mom Katie

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, your new tree looks so awesome. We are really glad you are going to be okay. Love you you and Mom!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We pray the medicine helps you

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad the vet found out the problem and hope the meds soon have you feeling much better. Sending lots of good thoughts for you.

CATachresis said...

The Welsh contingent are doing backflips and dancing for joy with the news you are ok. (I don't think it's advisable that you do backflips at the moment!) After a few days I will be through the tunnel to check on you. Lovenhugs Austin xxxxx ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh Katie! So happy the vet figured out it was your back hurting you....that fall sure made your back unhappy but that NEW tree - oh boy - that will be more safe and still allow you to keep an eye on EVERYTHING! Don't give the tech who will be pilling you a hard time dear girl because you will feel MUCH BETTER with the pills she's going to give you! Honest - really!

Hugs, Teddy

Kea said...

Katie, we're very glad there's nothing seriously amiss, just a strain. You'll be right as rain with your meds and soon will be enjoying that new awesome cat tree! ♥

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh Katie! Big hugs!! I am so glad nothing serious showed up and I hope you get back to your usual self soon! Poor sweetie! we're all purring and praying for you!!

Leo says: Don't move a whisker! I'm rushing over right now to lick your head and inspect this new tree to make sure it's save for my queen! I'll help you put the bitey on anyone who tries to pill you, too, if you like? I got a pill this week and I think I heard another is coming... so I'm ready to band together to fight the tyranny! dramatic? I don't think so! Pills, yuck! Purrrs for you!

Lynn and Precious said...

Oh Katie, Lynn and I are so glad that's the worst is a bad bruise and a strain on your back. We're glad your mommy gave the news out so quickly because we certainly were thinking of you yesterday. I'm jealous of your new cat tree and can't wait to see pictures of you on it. Hang On by your toenails if they left you any, and don't fall off at new tree. Precious

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Glad you are OK.

The Florida Furkids said...

We are so happy that you did well at the vet and that you are okay. We hope the medicine helps you feel better. That's a pawsome cat tree!

Eastside Cats said...

Katie, this is good news, but two meds...eek!
Unsolicited advice: have your momma find a pet chiropractor; we've had three cats to our pet chiropractor, and I highly recommend them.

Leah said...

So sorry you hurt yourself Katie! But that is great news that the bone structure is good, and you have a treatable condition. Meds will soon be over! Meows from the kitties and me!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I hope you heal fast, Katie! And well, you did get a new cat tree out of it.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Oh Katie that is good news it seems like nothing serious and once you have your pain under control you should be back to yourself. Glad Mom has someone coming to help you sweet friend. Keep us updated as we worry about you because we sure do Love You!
Angel Timmy, Dad and Family

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie; we iz sorree ta lurn ewe took a tumble... and we iz glad ewe R oh kay now... even tho de ewe noe what place... gave ewe... ewe noe what.......that bass terd crowz nezt....send it R way and we will bee happee ta saw de dam thing inta 142,033,578 peecez ~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Genevieve said...

Yikes, KI. Your poor poorly back. It looks as gorgeous as ever, but it sounds very painful. We hope those medicines are powerhouse helpers for you. In our experience, medicines are magical. We said prayers that you are feeling 100% soon.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

A fall would for sure be a reason for big ouchies. Hope the meds help.

catladymac said...

We are so glad your vet visit went well Katie, and that you got some answers and some good help !

The Island Cats said...

Katie, I know what it's like to have a sore back. I hope the medicines help yours feel better. ~Ernie

John Bellen said...

All is mendable, Katie, and that's the important thing. You'll be back patrolling and climbing in no time.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Such good news, I have no idea what I was going to say

Kitties Blue said...

That is so great that your vet let your mom come in with you. Ours is still making the humans stay in their cars in the parking lot. We hope those meds will have you feeling fine super fast. And a new cat tree...meowvolous! Make certain donkey knows you still love him. Get well sooner than sooner. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer & Kizmet

Marvelous Marv said...

Dearest Katie!
I am so glad that you are feeling better. I am so sorry that I am late in writing to you! Mom had to go to the big city yesterday and we are only reading the blogs now! I am so looking forward to having you come over to my house on Awww Monday! I promise, we will have NO CALISTHENICS!
Love your Kozmo!

Saku said...

We're so happy to hear the mom bean was able to go into the ebil v e t office with you. We're sure it helped you as well as the mom bean to feel less anxious.

Oh boy, that fall wasn't good at all. But hey, you scored a new tree, that's pawsome!!!

Selina said...

My poor friend! I only just read this. Please get better soon! I don't like falling through holes tho I know MomKatt told me about a girl named Alice that fell through once and had lots of exciting adventures - one including a cat! Get your mom to read it to you!

Purrz!
Selina

Darla M Sands said...

You are so loved. Take care, my dear. And try not to worry us all so much. ~hugs~