May 18, 2021

You Know What They Say

 Kitties!  You can lead a Floppy Mousie to water, but you can't make him drink! 

He is out cold from thirst because of his stubbornness.  He's lucky he didn't drown though.  I put my Shrimpie in the water bowl the other day out of kindness to return him to his watery home.  Mom rescued him.  I think Floppy Mousie will get my mouf-to-mouf resuscitation. 




28 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm sure you'll take good care of your little critter sweet Katie!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, u r good to try to water ur toy friends. not all kitties would
think of that. just don't drown anyone. precious
ps looks like u feel better from losing ur fangs.

Gigi said...

Katie! I am Gigi, and I've taken over the training of Spitty's Human. I've been around the block a few times (I'm about 7 yrs. old), and I know an appalling situation when I see one. From my perch UTB (I do not yet allow touching), I looked at that terrible contraption you were forced to wear and recalled somewhat fuzzily my similar attire after my spay and dental some time ago. They stole teefs from me too! I don't think the toof fairy found me though--I was living in a feral colony then. Maybe this Lady here could tell her where I am now? I mean, it's never too late for presents! I hope you are feeling better now--sooooooo undignified to be sprawled out like you'd gotten into the tequila or something. It's nice to meet you. The Lady says you and Spitty were very close....I never met him, but maybe it's his intriguing scent I am finding all over my new home? XOXO

Eastside Cats said...

We humans will never figure out why cats like to add their toys to the water bowl, Katie.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
You at least TRIED hard for keeping Mousie alive!
Hugs,
Mariette

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie....what happened ta lion ??!! ☺☺♥♥ we never seez him any mor ~~~~~

John Bellen said...

Stubbornness, eh? He reminds me of some cats...

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It looks like Floppy Mouse needs your attention ASAP if he is to recover.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Katie, you are always trying to do the right thing for them. Your toys need a good bath so they are nice and clean to play with. Thanks for the wonderful share. Have a great rest of your day.
World of Animals South Philadelphia

pilch92 said...

You are so sweet. XO

Saku said...

It's sure nice of you to let the mouse and shrimp have some water. Our mom bean says your mom bean might not agree. MOL!

The Island Cats said...

I guess mousie didn’t feel like a swim.

Ivan from WMD said...

That makes sense to us, Katie. Guess what? Mom returned all the toys she rescued from our fountain and there were like ten of them! She kinda forgot she had them drying out somewhere hidden for like 100 days. We hope your Shrimpie shows up when he gets better too.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

It was a worthy rescue try

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, that sure was kind of you to try and help floppy mousie!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Katie, I think you take awesome care of your critter toys.

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh Katie you TRIED to get floppy mouse to the watering hole but he apparently was just too weak to make it. I'm sure when you weren't looking he got a great big slurp of water though! We try to take care of our toys but if they don't cooperate - well - there may be consequences!

Hugs, Teddy

Mickey's Musings said...

I bet you are pawsome at mouth to mouth ;)
Purrs, Julie

The Florida Furkids said...

Raz puts his baby (mousie) in the water bowl sometimes and Mom has to rescue him.

The Florida Furkids

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Poor Floppy!

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella if mousie doesn't have an up-to-date DNR I say give her CPR?

Hugs cecilia

Leah said...

Floppy mouse does look a bit parched!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Katie you take such good care of all your friends. Floppy Mouse will be alright with your kind kitty nursing care. You are so sweet
Timmy
Katie you are the nicest nursey kitty ever
Rumpy Bump

Genevieve said...

Oh, Floppy Mouse. So close. You must stay hydrated, little buddy. KI, tonight, get busy. ALL friends must get into the water. Your mom won't mind.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Too cute! One night while I was sleeping Mudpie dropped her favorite animal print mousie in her water bowl. I think I was more horrified when I found it than she was! Poor mousie was a drowned rat and we had to wring her out and then hang her outside to finish drying!

Marvelous Marv said...

Purrhaps floppy mouse asked to have a bath. our Mom prefers soaking in the bath than showers.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

I think Floppy mousie is thankful for your help, even if he didn't come so far...MOL😸Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

Darla M Sands said...

Our Terra left a rattly mouse to drown just this morning. :P My husband rescued that soggy toy while one dropped in our toilet and another in their litter box were sadly sacrificed. Heh...