May 13, 2021

Time and Tide

 Time and Tide waits for no kitty.  But I am on the upswing.  So much so that in the deep  dark night time, I overturned my toy basket again.  I didn't sleep with Mom again though. Not since last weekend. I refused breakfast.  Mom opened 3 cans until there was something I would eat.  I went UTB again several times but Mom and brother had to go to the Big City for him before 7 this morning so I couldn't play on her heartstrings very long. 

I fell asleep on her this early afternoon so things are looking up.  Oh.  For some reason..do you know why? I laid in the litter box last night as though it was a cushion!  Mom was horrified.  It's a hooded one, so she got me one of my tents and out it in the living room where I could see it, and I came straight out and got into my tent.  Maybe I wanted to be alone but not UTB? 

My other favorite brovver sent this picture of a cracker to momma last night and me on my sick bed!!! and said that it reminded him of someone.  Mom bit, and asked what or who?  


Then, she opened the file and saw it.  He was making fun of ME again. He was saying I am fat.  See the way it looks like ears on the cracker in the picture?  Looks like a fat cat head he is saying.  I am SUING him for damages to my self esteem!!  I can't represent myself...you know what they say about that...so I need to get in touch with the J-Cats right away and sue the knickers off my other favorite brovver.  How DARE he say that about me???  He also calls me a pot roast! Who's with me here!?! 




Look at me yesterday afternoon in the door way soaking up the rays.  And the other picture is me late last night after my brief sojourn in my litterbox.  Biggafy and you'll see my eyes and mustache.  




28 comments:

Kea said...

Katie, we're glad you're MUCH improved! We don't know about the litterbox...maybe you wanted a safe, dark spot, a cave. When Derry has come back from dentals and been loopy, he's always stumbled in and out of the open litter box I bring up and put on the main level, will lie in it for a while, etc. Takes a long time for him to do his business then! However, since you went right into your tent, we can only assume you just wanted a nice, cosy, "hidden" spot. ♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you are getting back to normal, Katie. Sometimes anaesthetic can make you sensitive to light for a while, so maybe you just needed a darker place.

Lynn and Precious said...

You look lovely in the sunshine Katie. Hope you feel like sleeping with Mom tonight. Maybe your brother was just trying to get you smiling again. You know how we humans are, not as sophisticated as kitties.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well, hiding from all the 'stinging' evil people is so fully understandable.
And on top of all that, your own family insulting you by making fun of you?!
That did it and indeed, how dare they!
I will send our Speckie girl right over to assist you; she knows what making fun of one's fur body means.
Big hugs and recover well, forget about the nasty experience; Mom is okay and she loves you dearly!
Mariette and kitties.

This morning at 7:15 I had to mop up all the breakfast foods from Bandido as he very violently vomited it all out. On the tiles and solid oak wood floor; no problem and I also went UTB for getting a tiny spot there... Fed him dry food a little later and he was SO HAPPY. One never knows what exactly is going on.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am so glad you are doing better sweet Katie and we'll all do the happy dance with you sweetie!!!

pilch92 said...

I am glad you went to your tent instead of staying in the litter box. You are not fat sweet girl. XO

Ivan from WMD said...

Katie, we don't really think your other favorite brother was making fun of you at all. What we saw was a snack in the shape of a cat head, and that was worth a smile. He was probably trying to cheer you and your mom up. Be well, sweetie.

Mickey's Musings said...

Good that you are feeling better Katie!
Surely brother knows that you are NOT fat!
You just have lots of glorious long furs!
Purrs, Julie

The Island Cats said...

I’m sure your brother was just having some fun with you, Katie. Because you are not fat...you are purrfect! And I’m glad you’re doing better now. ~Ernie

Saku said...

Katie, we're happy to hear that you are feeling some better. Your rotten bean brofur deserves to be sued...what a mean thing to say to a voluptuous girl kitty like yourself!

Eastside Cats said...

He's just jealous, Katie!
Hope you continue to feel better, sweetheart.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

If you need a lawyer let us know.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad to hear you are starting to get back to normal, Katie!

Pam and Teddy said...

Sounds like you are recovering in your own time from your horrifying experience at the vet. As for suing your brovver - ABSOLUTELY! You are far from looking like a pot roast (even though pot roasts look fabulous in a crockpot)......I think you have grounds for a legitimate lawsuit. However you might want to consider that prior to the pot roast comparison you called him one of your "favorite brovvers"....so there's that to consider. Your attorney will properly advise you - in the meantime, I suggest you use that cute "tent" vs. your pottybox for napping purposes.

Hugs, Teddy

The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad you are feeling better. The tent looks cozier than a litter box to us.

The Florida Furkids

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Katie Isabella what wonderful news on your recovery. I bet this is one time Mom was happy to clean up your messy toy basket.
As for da favorite brudder...let it be known folks only pick on those the love...it is obvious you are loved.
Hugs cecilia

Leah said...

The kitties and I are glad you are doing better now, Katie; sometimes it takes time for anesthesia to wear off. Many purrs and meows!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie before we leave the country for the shopping excursion spring o rama shop shop shop we will make SURE your law suit is settled and that extra cash cash CASH from winning the settlement is in YOUR handbag......indeed ~~~~~~ hugs from dai$y and be well with st francis' blessings ♥♥♥♥♥

Timmy Tomcat said...

Katie we are all so glad to hear you are feeling better. Liter laying is something we see when taking kitties to foster adoption events. When we are nervous litter is just comforting. Its a cat thing so is a feeling not explaining kind of thing. Mom sure had a good idea with that tent and seems you like that. It will take a little bit but you will be fine.
Timmy and Family
Oh Katie I send all my floofy furry purrs to you and I purr a LOT! You will feel the vibrations coming up into your tent and will feel better lickity split.
PS can I have any noms you don't want?
Rumpy Bump

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Katie I am so glad you are starting to feel more like yourself!
Thank you for the kind words this week, it is greatly appreciated.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Oh Katie it is good to hear youare doing better

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie, you are my little post roast! You are tasty, smell good and make my heart sing! I am so glad you are feeling better and I shall come and cuddle in your tent with you! Purrs your Kozmo!

John Bellen said...

That's strange that you needed a covered place to lie and chose the litter-box, but smart of your mum to point out your tent. You both knew what you needed.

Genevieve said...

Is a pot roast bigger than a meatloaf? Mom usually thinks I am a meatloaf. Either way, I think it's rude. I totally get hiding under the "covers" when you are not feeling your best. Your mama knows what to do. Soon, you will be your good ole self again.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

meowmeowmans said...

Beautiful Katie, you are not fat! Maybe your brother meant that you would like to eat that snack.

We are glad you chose your tent over your litter box. We hope keep feeling even better. XO

meowmeowmans said...

We are glad you chose your tent instead of the litter ox, sweet Katie. We hope you keep feeling better and better. XO

www.shelter-cats.com said...

Katie, keep them guessing! Cats are supposed to be mysterious, after all.
We are so glad you are recovering.
xxoo
Maggie and the boys

The J-Cats said...

Oh, Katie, darling! We are SO, SO sorry you had such a HORRIBLE expurrience - and then to be BODY-SHAMED by your Other Favourite Brovver! This was a Most Egregious case of Defamation!!!
Of COURSE We will be happy to repurresent to you! We apawlogise for not stepping up right away. As you may have heard on the Mews, things have been a trifle hectic in Our Corner of the World this past week...