Mom was contacted by the surgery coordinator at my own Doctor's office; and the second Monday in May I get my dental. I know mom worries. A lot.
Mom saw the first hummingbird at our home yesterday. She gets so happy when they come to the feeder. She loves cooking nectar for them and watching them at their "table" enjoying their meal. 1 cup of white cane sugar..not brown sugar, and not ever ever artificial sweetener, to 4 cups water, bring to a boil...take off heat and cool. No food coloring. It has been positively proven that the red on the feeder itself is sufficient to draw them. Mom has seen that is true year after year. Store in the fridge. Doing it this way , bringing to a boil, helps preserve the nectar a while longer out there in the warmth than not bringing it to a boil. When it hot, change the nectar and wash the feeder out every 4 days, tops. Make sure the feeder holes are clear. Tiny brushes to run through and clean the holes while cleaning the feeder, are available at the larger pet supply stores-or Amazon.
I made mom put that in as she is usually asked at least once each year what she does to feed them. And by the way, I LOVE hummingbird TV!
Leopard DID come back. Mom tried hard to not have him between the pillows, but it was necessary. We'll keep trying.
Not looking forward to the dental. I wish I didn't have to do that. My lab bloods came back good for my senior exam a week ago. Thyroid values have barely begun to be in the 'gray zone' (not into the 'red') so to speak, and will bear watching. No physical signs as yet...increased thirst etc. Mom will take me for Iodine 131 as time passes if need be. The separation will be hard on us both when that time comes. When Robin went for the radioactive iodine in the late 90's it was 10 days. I think it's a little less nowadays.
That's our Family Newsletter today. XX

26 comments:
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Yes, hummingbird TV is on here already during breakfast; just watched these tiny darlings!
Not too bad for your medicals Katie Isabella and the dental will work well too.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette
We will be sending you lots of purrs and purrayers for your dental, Katie, and future test results too. ♥
Sounds like the hummingbird is the only good news in this post
Katie. No one likes the sound of dental or thyroid work needed.
I hope your hummer makes it here in a week or so. Lynn misses
them and I like to watch out the front door where the feeder is
installed under the porch roof. Lynn plants cardinal vine to
run up strings to the roof and the hummers love the flowers
more than the sugar. Try not to worry. Precious
Thank you for stopping by my blog :-)
Hummingbirds are so nice.
Hope the dental work goes off well. Get well soon :-)
Lots of purrs and prayers from us too sweet Katie. We know you'll do fine with the dental and your mouth will feel better eventually.
I will be praying your dental goes well. The Tooth Fairy will send you a gift. We feed the hummers too, but we won't see them until around May 1. XO
Hi Katie! First a dental and the the leopard! We send you purrs. We have not yet put out the hummingbird feeders. We won't do that for another month. We miss having hummers all year round like we did in Vancouver. They are so much fun to watch! Maybe we can get Mom to put on humming bird tv when she goes and gets her first shot this morning! We hope that you and your mom have a marvellously happy day!
Your human takes good care of the hummies! I will be purring lots for you for your dental, Katie.
Katie Isabella your mom and I have the same nectar recipe...
I had my first sighting on April 9th it was a male Ruby Throat
I'll keep you and Mom in my purrs when it is time for your dental
Hugs Cecilia
Your Hummer TV sounds very good. I hope your dental goes well.
Best wishes on your dental. ~hugs~ You're such a sweetie.
And hey, can you ask your mom something for me? Does she think that using water from boiling eggs adds calcium to the hummingbird nectar? :)
I hope your dental goes well, Katie. I had one and it was okay. I slept through the whole thing. You probably will too. ~Ernie
We love hummingbirds here, too, but we haven't put out our feeders because they haven't returned yet. Mom sits outside every morning and hasn't seen (or heard) them. We think maybe they'll be around next week.
Our finchies came late this year too, and even the trees are late in leafing--we had a very hard freeze in February (single digits, even in the day!) and that seems to have slowed everything.
We hope you don't fret too much about your dental. And remember--we all hate it!
Bad teeth make an unhappy kitty, Katie!
Hummingbirds are so fun, and your mom sure does a good job of taking care of the ones at your place, Katie.
We are purring lots about your dental, sweet girl. XO
Tell your mom a secret for us. Hummingbirds are momma's angels coming to visit.
We'll be thinking of you Katie when you goes for your dental work.
Maybe you need to leave some pee-mail on that Leopard...just sayin' MOL!
Hummingbirds are fun little critters, and so very feisty!
I had one try to find out if the flowers on my shirt were real...LOL!
It is funny to see when other birds try to take drinks from the hummer feeder(s)! A woodpecker did it a lot last summer.
We try to get prepackaged 'sugar' that had=s added vitamins and minerals, so the h=females will have strong shelled eggs and healthy little ones. I would LOVE to see a hummer nest, not to mention the brood!
We love hummers....don't have a feeder but I'm telling Mom we need one. As for your dental dear girl - you are a strong girl and will do just fine and your teefies will feel so much better nice and shiny and clean too. Mr. Leopard needs to magically disappear one night (Katie you know some hiding places for him I bet....hint hint).
Hugs, Teddy
We've tried to get hummers here for years. Mom says the wind on the beach is too much for them.
We hope your dental goes well and you can put that past you.
The Florida Furkids
Hummingbirds make great bird TV for both humans and cats! Your Mom is taking excellent care of them. We will be purring for your dental and hopefully you will feel much better when it is all over, sweet Katie!
That must be such fun watching the hummers out the window. You will be fine for your Dental and we will all be purring so hard for you the vibrations will calm you even more
We think you and your mom are very brave planning for the dental. She will always do what's best for you, KI. The feeder sounds like a lot of work. Worth it for unparalleled BirdTV, though.
Love and licks,
Cupcake
Mum looks forward to seeing the hummers too.
She will be cleaning the feeders to have them ready when the time comes :)
Purrs, Julie
All in all this made me feel good
I know your mum worries about you, Katie, but she is getting ready for your big day. You'll be all right, I know.
Post a Comment