Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I finally did it. I was on mom's chest last night after we settled in bed as she was trying to go to sleep. She gently moved me sideways until I slid off onto the bed. I haven't been lying there all these months staring at Leopard while on mom's chest... just above, inches from me, for nothing, ya know. I had it all figured out now.
The light has been turned out, and as I said, she moved me off her chest and breathed deeply for a few breaths, and I began purring so loudly- it was so she thought, as though my purrs were amplified by a loudspeaker. Why? Because Kitties, I crossed over Leopard's head the couple of inches away and with extreme loud purring, laid on mom's head. I did. I DID!
Mom said even though the bed is messy because we just got out of it, she wants you to see how close Leopard always is and how- until last night- he kept me from climbing over and laying on mom's head again!
Piece of cake. Now mom is worried again about how to keep me off. Shutting the door between us would be impossible.
Here you can see where her head was and the dent right next to it where *I* was. ..and easily see that I crossed over Mt. Leopard, turned 180 degrees and faced downward on the pillow up against mom's treasured head. Case closed.

26 comments:
it takes us crafty kitties only a bit of time to figure things out for ourselves. u'd think your mom would have realized sooner or later you'd overthrow the bad king Leopard. Hurrah for
u, Katie. only hope mom doesn't get an idea from her local store to place a plexiglass shield on the bed. precious
Hmmmm Precious....HMMMM!
Good for you, Katie!
Mom...back to the drawing board!
That is quite the challenging game sweet Katie but at least you won the round last night!
Awesome! :)
I knew you would get one over leopard before too long, Katie.
You beat the leapord! Kudos! But what is your Mom to do now? Our Mom has had some difficulties with Jo Jo and trying to lay on her head. Mom has taken all the pillows off of the bed when she goes to bed, except the one she puts her head on and it is rather small and Jo Jo can only lie beside her head on the bed. Not ideal, but it is working.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well, your determination and perseverance paid off!
Hugs,
Mariette
Katie, you are a very determined kitty :)
Purrs, Julie
Good for you Katie. I knew you could get past that darn leopard. :) XO
Uh oh. Maybe an even *bigger* leopard will show up, Katie!
I think head snuggling is very underrated.
I knew you would figure it out, Katie.
Oh I just knew that you'd figure out a way to reclaim your Mom's head at night in spite of Mr. Leopard. Well done Katie. Now you just have to hope she doesn't start wearing a crown with pointy tips on it to keep you from lying on her head - that would be a big OUCHIE. I have to admit though that's a bit of a stretch of the imagination that she'd resort to that. I hope.
Hugs, Teddy
You are a very determined ladycat!
Oh Katie Isabella I think you showed mom just who was Queen Bee and Boss of the Bed....
I'm giggling at the story but of course I'm truly sorry Mom's invention to keep you off her chest was a leaping leopard flop
Hugs Cecilia
The purring must have been indicative of how happy you were to be in your favourite night-time spot, Katie. Well done.
@John It was. There was no doubt. If joy could ever be indicated by purring, it was then.
@ My MInd's Eye Off my chest AND off my head.
Well done Katie! My mom bean says she feels for your mom...feels what we don't know. MOL!
You are very resourceful, Katie! And determined!
Good thinking
We knew you would get the better of that gatecrashing Leopard sooner or later, Katie. Well done!
It was only a matter of time, dear girl. Only a matter of time!
Good job Katie!!!
The Florida Furkids
Well, you certainly figured that puzzler out, Katie. Guess Mom will have to think of something else, huh?
Post a Comment