February 22, 2021

Glad it's Mom and Not Me

 Mom is headed to the dentist in less than an hour!  Ha and HA!  Wonder if she'll have to be sedated!  Will SHE be in a burrito?  How about her claws!?  They're sharp! 

 I can't get too comfortable though because she is going to see about getting mine looked at better than last time.  Mom is concerned about them sedating me for all the big senior exam.  That last time remember, I had a severe reaction to the two drugs used; I was afraid of everything for several months and would not even come out to visit my sunpuddles.  I only ate and used my box.  I didn't play at all and didn't even lay in sun.  Scared mom to death and they said they would no longer use that drug and the wake up  drug.  Mom wore out another blogger with all her fears about me and all the things I wasn't doing.  That blogger was patience personified and offered excellent advice and some research too.  Experience helps.  

Mom'll get ready now to face the music.  Her hasn't been to the dentist since covid so it'll be a trip what with all the barriers and so on.  

Mommy swiped this from Face Book.  Precious. 





23 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Tell your Mom all will be fine, our Dad has been 3 times since Covid started and all is good.

Saku said...

Good luck to your mom bean. Funny thing Katie, our mom bean goes to a dentist that offers sedation for her patients. Yep, our mom bean is a big wuss!

Maybe mess up the house a bit while she's gone so she knows you missed her. MOL!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, i hope your mom doesn't have the problems you did. if she does, she
will go UTB for days and then who would feed and cuddle you? tell her to move
Leopard out of the way tonight so you can lay on her head and warm her sore jaw.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
You have quite some humor with the description about your Mom put in a Burrito for her dental work! Can you imagine...?
Had my teeth cleaned in January and it went well.
Hope things worked out.
Hugs,
Mariette

PS working now from my new iMac since Saturday, so happy!

Kea said...

Good luck to your mom, Katie! Going to the dentist isn't fun for any Being. The biped has been three times since COVID started, regular cleanings, and all has been well (knock on wood).

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Good luck to your mom! Nobody lies the dentist but I wish I could get an appointment. My check up was due last March and my bridge fell out in May (I knew I shouldn't have had that last toffee!) At least no-one can see the gap with my mask on!

Mickey's Musings said...

Good luck to your mum!
Hope all gopes well!
Purrs, Julie

The Island Cats said...

I hope your mom did okay at the dentist, Katie. My mom went a couple fo months ago. She was nervous...but everything went okay.

Marvelous said...

We are purraying that your Mom's dental went well. Our Mom has been 3 times in October. She broke 2 teeth when our Dad was so sick (she stress grinds her teeth) and she was worried that she would have to have a root canal but it was actually pretty easy peasy stuff. The cleaning at the last visit hurt the most! Your Mom is awesome and we hope you both have a marvellously Happy Day!

pilch92 said...

I hope all went well with the dentist. I think you need a new vet that isn't such a chicken and won't need to knock you out. XO

Ivan from WMD said...

Our mom says she waiting to get shot before venturing to the dentist but we think this is just an excuse! Hope things went well for your mom, Katie.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am sorry you had such a bad dental experience. I hope your mom's was painless

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Visiting the dentist was one of the few things my human did during Covid, although the first visit was delayed because they needed to set up protocols. She is sort of a dental health fanatic.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Katie your Mom will be alright and I don't know if vet visits are good for you. Dad the nursey man says that there can be times when the treatment may be worse than anything. You are an elder kitty and and I know Mom loves you and Dad loves me. I am not good at all with the vet and will be getting some blood work but I do take that alright. We are not sure about my going under either so probably no toothie work. Me and Rumpy are in that gray area where a treatment may be too much. We know your Mom will take good care of you, after she gets over that human burrito that is. Dad says they can be something wild

Leah said...

I hope your Mom did okay at the dentist, Katie! It can really be a challenge to get through, especially now. Love the funny way you told the story!

Cupcake said...

Good luck to your mama at the dentist. Blerg. Mom went to her dentist a month ago. She needed a root canal. It turned out not to be fun, and took FOUR trips back and forth before she was finished. I waited nicely at home. Mom was sad because on account of covid, her dentist's dog Oliver wasn't at the office to sit on her lap. She said she missed him. Did she miss ME??? She didn't say... #rude

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

I do not like dentist as I have a restricted jaw which means I can only open my mouth a small way, so I am also glad it is her nt me

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Hope your mom was OK at the dentist. Mine hates going so much.

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, we sure hope Mom did okay at the dentist! It can be really scary, for sure.

John Bellen said...

We humans aren't as smart as you, Katie: when we go to the doctor or dentist, we just sit there and take it. Why? Who knows, but we do. It'll be over by now, of course, so I hope your mum didn't have too much done to her. Then again, dentistry is much improved even from twenty years ago - even feline dentistry!

Pam and Teddy said...

Hopefully the dental thing went OK for your Mom.....I am not crazy about being poked and prodded and inspected from end to end but I suppose it's necessary. We sure think that precious photo of the kitten from the street getting a hug from her "new Mom" is special. Hopefully it wasn't just a "fun photo" someone posted but a REAL situation for that sweet little abandoned baby and the Mom. We love happy endings!

Love, Teddy

My Mind's Eye said...

I 100% agree Katie Isabella...I hope mom's experience was not too dreadfull
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

I hope your mom's appointment went well. It had to gone better than your horrid experience. ~hugs~ And thank you for sharing that sweet image.