January 29, 2021

Sunpuddles Everywhere

 Kitties! I am so glad there are sunpuddles again today.  Usually here where we live- it rains almost constantly.  We had over 200% of normal rainfall last year.  Mom put newspaper announcement in FB at the end of last year; and she said, "See?  I wasn't kidding all the times I have said that it's always raining here".  The year before the annual rainfall was met by April.  No idea why.  BUT this year, ample sunpuddles and normal rain.  Can't beat that.     

Mom had a week and a half off her normal rush rush get stuffs done.  But it's firing up again as of yesterday.  That's OK.  It's a privilege and...she is very grateful she has the git up 'n' go to do it. 

I'm absorbing heat from one of the wall blowy thingy's in the living room.  Mom has the heat set to go into the 60's during the night and since leopard guards her head, I cannot stay warm on it any longer. I huddle against her on the bed but it isn't the same.  I can't wait for when she gets up and turns the heat to 70. 

Mom said she knows neither of us have anything to say.  We may do as some other kitties have done and wait  as long as it takes till we DO have something to say.  Except  today I will say that I will have to go for my senior physical and blood stealing in March.  With things the way vets seem to want to keep it, not allowing the pet parents in with us...it won't be pretty. I wonder if there is any housing available on Mars?  Maybe we could move there if the v-e-t-s are nice and let our moms in.  


Mommy saw this on Face Book and adopted it.  I wish it was front page headlines everywhere every day. 

See ya over at your tunnel Kitties....on my way. 


26 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Not everyone can have pets, nor should they.
But not harming any critter is the only way to go!

Lynn and Precious said...

i think you had lots of fun stuff to share with us today. i have 12 degrees and sunshine,
but i'm in my tent. i don't like vet either. when i was there in Oct, they let Lynn in
the exam room but examined me in the back scary place. i'll be thinking of you when you
go for poking and prodding. precious

Kea said...

We love that image; yes, it should be posted prominently in media every day.

Sunpuddles are the best! We have lots of sun to end our week, but it comes with a price, our temps are currently 7F with a windchill of minus 8F (or minus 22C). So it's bitterly cold here and we're grateful for the furnace!

Enjoy your sunshine!

Saku said...

We've not had sunshine for a few days but mom bean hasn't been out to shovel (yet) so that means no snow. Enjoy your sunshine Miss Katie!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

my stars katie there's no need to ship off to mars when Italy is SO much closer and I'm sure the fashion is much nicer so what say around February 28th we take a jet that way and return by April 14 and remember that long of a journey will require at LEAST 378 handbags with hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥♥

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

It's always raining here too.

That's a nice graphic and great pic of you as well!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It's raining here again, Katie, and forecast for most of next week. At least it isn't snow! I get very hot at night so 60s is too hot for me.

pilch92 said...

I am glad you have some sun puddles finally. Are there any traveling vets in your area? I have been blessed that my vet was letting us in still then she had a COVID scare and has been closed for 5 weeks now. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

We had beautiful sunshine here today too sweet Katie! Yes, either help the critter or don't hurt them!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Yes, we have been very lucky for the final two days for having abundant sun; for the kitties to enjoy their sun puddles and for us to drive our one hour drive to Macon and one hour back for my eye surgery (Pieter did bring me home safely via the Interstate) and today I drove back solo for the check up and OP went well. Now just the healing and the use of drops for four weeks. Yesterday I was scared that due to my skin cancer surgery on Monday, with stitches, near the eye brow on the nose side, same eye for surgery... they would not proceed. But the Ophthalmologist gave his okay, they just removed my little square bandaid to replace it with a larger one so the sticky drape (?) he would be using for surgery, would not pull up any stitches. Before going home I got a smaller one put on it. Today I went bare... haha, looking like I've have been in a street fight!
This afternoon, with the SUN on my hands I managed to thread the needle of my sewing machine (after a very long hiatus) in the laundry room and for creating a faux hem for lengthening my Escada wool plaid pants that I like to wear tomorrow. At Walmart, my ONLY option... I found 3/4" brown biastape in a polyester of course. But I'd planned on joining two together and putting on the inside some iron on fleece for strengthening. Happened to have just that for use in a skirts waist band. Lots of work but it is done, now only the hand hemming and a final pressing and wearing it.
Feeling so happy and grateful for being able to do this. Left eye also improved, even if that was my lazy eye... feels like a GIFT.
Hugs and happy weekend ya'll!
Mariette

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I love that graphic.

The Whiskeratti said...

Hugs to both of you. I hope that your vet visit goes more smoothly this time.

Marvelous Marv said...

Hi Katie! We are happy to see you when ever you post and we KNOW that Kozmo disappears in the tunnel quite frequently...we know it is to visit lovely YOU! We have been really cold and we have had loads of snow and we are ready for spring here! I bet you are too! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Those hot, blowing things are fantastic. We are sorry about the rain. We are really hankering for summer.

Smudge said...

Sun puddles, yaaaay! Lots of rain, booooooo!!

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Katie Isabella is is 87 kinds of cold here today but thankfully the sun is shining brightly but its heat is not. They are threatening us with precip of the frozen variety sometime tomorrow and possibly into Monday. Remember I'll be here anticipating the next installment of K.I.,Donk and Leop.
Hugs to you, mom and all your favorite brovvers and their families,
Cecilia

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh Katie we think it's awful that we can't have our Moms and Dads with us when we go to see Dr. Stabby but hopefully that will change soon. It's mean though when it's such a traumatic experience and who do you wanna be with during trauma? Mom! That's who! Well you just enjoy your sunpuddles and keeping warm as best you can without access to your Mom's head.

Hugs, Teddy

Leah said...

I'm happy you had the sunpuddles, Katie! We aren't getting many sunny days this winter either!That is a good image your Mom found, a message that needs to be everywhere!

Cupcake said...

So happy you know all the tricks of finding warmth and coziness, KI. Maybe by March, Moms will be allowed into the vet's house with us! Paws crossed.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

John Bellen said...

My beasts no doubt miss the sun here in the Cosy Apartment; it won't be back until spring. They have to make do with heated beds...

I hope everything goes well during your veterinary visit, Katie. I suppose the veterinary hospitals are just being cautious, but they must know that it is very hard on the cats not to have their people with them. Just remember, it is only for a short while, and then you'll be free, and back with your mum.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

The sun is to be relished this time of year! I hate how vets are handling this. Pediatricians would never ask children to be dropped off in the parking lot and examined alone, so why are our fur babies treated this way?

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Katie Isabella,
How lucky all our kitties are as we can always come with them inside at the Vet's and she even has come to our home!!! SO GRATEFUL for Amanda.
Big hugs,
Mariette

meowmeowmans said...

It's super cold here, Katie, but the sunpuddles through the windows are nice and toasty. We agree with that meme that Mom found. Nobody should hurt any animals!

The Florida Furkids said...

We've got lots of sun puddles here and are willing to share them.

The Florida Furkids

The J-Cats said...

The weather here has been furry cold these past few days and there were a few days when it rained and rained and rained. But today there is plenty of sun and We have spent most of the day napping in sunpuddles.
We don't understand why pet pawrents aren't allowed in with their furbabies when the latter need to see the v-e-t. We have been to the v-e-t twice since the pandemic lockdowns started - and on both occasions, Mummy was allowed in with Us. Would doctors see a Human child without letting its parents in? Of course not!

Darla M Sands said...

I love that saying. :) How anyone can hurt an animal is beyond me. Sure, I paddled our family dog after she ran away (not a shining moment), but that's about the worst act I can imagine.