Kitties! I wanted to say (and mom does too) how thankful we are for our lives and for our family and our friends. Our friends here and the ones that are in town. The Blogosphere is also a town. All of our neighbors are here. They bark, meow and whinny. They make other speech too...and we always understand Bunny and Mousie talk as well as the meows and barks. .
Mom remembered this morning while smooching me what it was like when I first came home with her. After I was put on the floor and looked at toys and other things for me..I went to the couch where my new brother was sitting as well, and I just watched them for several hours. Then, when mom got off her chair to do something I launched myself off the couch and straight toward her. I wound around her like a cyclone. I spoke softly the whole time and I stood up leaning on her legs. I wanted to be held. Mom got down and picked me up. When she went to bed...I crept in and laid all up and down her side stretched out and soaking in her warmth. And for several weeks, she could not go anywhere in the house nor do anything without my clinging to her. If she sat down I was there. If she stood, I sped over to her and demanded lovins.
Mom has always said that my previous mom must have loved me as much as she, my mom, loves me right now; because from the beginning of our meeting in the Vet's office I head -butted her constantly after they placed me in her arms, I crawled under her shirt over and over, and I purred like an outboard motor. I made so many biscuits on her and in the air, I could have fed an army she said. Admiral and I, Katie, made sure she chose me. She went home to think it over though as a new baby was not what she was at the Vet for. She came to get Admiral's foot print.
It was all over but the shouting. She came back as quickly as the Office opened the next morning and brought me home. She said then and now that I am THE single most actively- and always loving cat she has EVER had.
That by no means doesn't mean Admiral was not. Certainly she was. But me...mom said it was like kismet when we met and I was put in her arms.
So I am thankful for mom and she, for me; and for all the large and the small mercies granted in her life.

29 comments:
We love you sweet Katie and we're so thankful you found your Mom! Happy Thanksgiving from all of us!
We're thankful you found each other, Katie.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Those are such lovely things to be thankful for, Katie Isabelle!
We wish you and your Mom a Happy Thanksgiving.
Purrs,
Tama and Genji
We're so happy that you and your Mom found each other. That is truly something to be thankful for.
The Florida Furkids
katie I am ever so happy your forever home is with your mom that is INDEED something to be thankful for with hugs from dai$y and we all hope you and mom have the best day tomorrow and hopefully brother{s} can come home ♥♥♥♥♥
Such a delightful story, Katie!
When we brought Celestial Chuck and Angel home, they scooted under the bed the first thing!
That is a lovely story of your first meeting with your mom. Of course she had to return for you the next morning.
So wonderful you 2 found each other, Katie. Thanksgiving is all about
thinking of these kinds of memories. Keep mom warm at night and still
make her some biscuits.
Happy Thanksgiving. And clearly, it was fated for you both. I'm very glad about that.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
A sweet girl and indeed, she must have had two Mommy's that loved her unconditionally and taught her how to love her back. It is so rewarding for adopting a warmblooded, furry companion that is full of love.
Today it's 4 weeks since our Barty left us peacefully and early morning around 4:00 AM our Spooky II came cuddling my hair, curling + a bit of acapuncture, as Barty used to do. He then shifted from his big European pillow (below mine and sticking out below mine) and came next to me. His arms around me and so soft and loving as he never had been before. Guess, Barty requested him to take his place and continue to cuddle and love... Both were often this summer right beside each other on the driveway. No doubt, they do communicate. It is oh so rewarding to have their love.
So thankful for having had such a loving kitty as Barty was!
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Hugs,
Mariette
Such a sweet post. You are such a love. I am thankful for your friendship. XO
We are glad you and your mom found each other, Katie. And we are thankful that you are our friend.
You and Admiral certainly did a terrific job of making sure Mom found you, Katie. We are so grateful for you both! Happy Thanksgiving! XO
Awww, what a sweet start to your wonderful home life, Katie Isabella! Happy Thanksgiving!
Very sweet, Katie. Some things are just meant to be! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your mom.
How sweet, Katie, you and your human were totally meant for each other.
It sounds like you have a wonderful life.
Oh Katie what a wonderful Thanksgiving message....full of love.....full of wonderful memories. There is and never has been any doubt that you "landed" in just the right home dear girl. You and your Mom are a "matched pair". As you say - kismet. We hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving today remembering each and every occasion where you felt THANKFUL for what you have - each other and a loving family.
Hugs, Teddy and Mom
Happy Thanksgiving and Katie Isabella and what a heart warming story of love at first sight
Hugs Cecilia
Lovely memories! Glad Admiral san and you made sure your mom chose you. She is the best mom and loves you so deeply. And the feeling is mutual :-)
Happy Thanksgiving to you both and your family! Have a wonderful holiday weekend xo
Katie, you and your mom were meant to be together! When I first met my mom, I wiped my snotty nose all over her and that sealed the deal! I had to make sure she didn't mind boogers. We love you ladies! Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving dear friends!!!
Annabelle, Jinx & Boo
We love this sweet, happy story, KI. Hope you and your mom are having a happy Thanksgiving. I got to eat my very own entire ravioli. That is a happy Thanksgiving for me!
Love and licks,
Cupcake
That was so sweet Katie and we are really thankful to you for being our friend
Happy Thanksgiving
Purrs from us all.
Thanksgiving seems a good time to be thannkful for so much we have
We haven't been here long enough to have heard your story of meeting your mom bean. What a special way to meet her, and we're so thankful you did.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and mom!
AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's wonderful!
You two are purrfect for each other!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your mum!
Purrs, Julie
What a beautiful story, Katie. I hadn't known of your first days in your home. I guess you made your choice felt, and weren't uncertain about it. The Admiral showed you the way, I'm sure.
I just love reading this post. Katie certainly is a blessing.
xxoo
Maggie
Post a Comment