There was someone here yesterday for a birthday lunch and mom made a lemon pound cake for them. I came out from my comfortable beddie in my room to act like the tart I am. I was all over him like syrup on a pancake. I have only seen him maybe 3 times in my LIFE. I'm friendly to everyone who comes in...I favor men over women, but I will at least greet the ladies who visit and stay to chat. Mom's the only woman I love and snuggle with. Men...oh, mom obviously didn't teach me how to be a lady when they're around.
I hopped up to the couch!! with him (something I never do with strangers) and wound around his legs just before he sat down.
He's an old fellow, and obviously had a cat in his life once upon a time.
![]() |
| on patrol |

29 comments:
Katie, there is nothing wrong with being friendly!
Every human who is charmed by a kitty means more cats could be adopted and live good lives.
You are doing it for all cats, so tart away...
Oh how we would have loved to see you working your magic on that nice man! Your mom must have been so proud.
How nice you were to your visitor sweet Katie, I'm sure that made his day a little more special!
I've had/been with pussy~cats from the
day l was born, l was born at home,
when mia Mama put me in the basket,
our pussy~cat came in and curled up
beside me..!
All my life pussy~cats have come up to
me, and become very friendly..
Once when l took one of my own cats to
the vet, l sat next to an elderly lady
with a Siamese Queen on her lap...17yrs
years old..the cat..NOT the lady..!
After a while, the Siamese, got up,
stretched, and walked across my lap and
settled down..the lady was amazed, as
her cat, never, never went near anyone
else, not her children, grandchildren,
nobody..! So, l felt honoured to have
been selected as someone special..!
Dearest Katie Isabella,
You have been oh so sweet to this older gentleman!
The baking your Mom did must have warmed his heart but you even added a very special furry touch to that!
Hugs,
Mariette
A beautiful girl kitty always has the right to flirt
a bit with handsome human man. I am sure your mom
was fine with it since she knows you are definitely her
girl!
Been hot in Ohio too with more to come this weekend.
A bit of rain yesterday and today to make the humidity
unpleasant. Precious tries to stay cool under the bed.
It's hot here too!
Good for you, Katie. It's very courteous of you to welcome a guest to the house, and even better to welcome a stranger and make him feel good.
katie....uz catz due haza way oh noe inn whooz kewl....we R glad ya made a new friend ☺☺♥♥♥
Katie, us kitties know cat peeple when we see them. Try to stay cool girl!
That was nice of you to be so friendly to your visitor, Katie. It is cool and showery here, summer seems to have disappeared.
You were an excellent hostess, Katie.
That was sweet of you to be such a good hostess. XO
Katie, I think it is awesome that you are such a friendly kitty.
Katie you little flirt! I bet that visitor LOVED that you accepted him and not only that but were happy to see him. I know it meant a lot to him!!!
Hugs, Teddy
You're a flirt!
We bet your visitor loved all the attention Katie ;)
How could they not? MOL!!
Purrs, Georgia and Julie
Good girl, KI. I'm sure the visitor felt very welcome between your attention AND the lemon cake!
Love and licks,
Cupcake
Oh Katie Isabella you have tickled my funny bone 'tart that you are'!!!
Hilarious
I'm way envious of the lemon pound cake
Hugs cecilia
A nice friendly greeting for the visitor, Katie Isabella! I'm sure he felt really welcome!
You are a blessing.
You've still got it Katie !
I’m sure the birthday guest was delighted by your friendly welcome! You are such a good girl, Katie san :-)
Far from hot here bloody cold it is
How nice of you to greet Mom's visitor like that, Katie. We bet it made his birthday even happier. :)
Your cat enjoys everyday. Happy Sunday to you.
Katie you are just a loving soul. Purrs my friend
Oh, Katie! What a flirty kitty you are!
So funny! Yep, cats definitely know men from women and have their favs. I'm sure he was very flattered by your attentions, Miss K.
Post a Comment