May 19, 2020

Donkey and Me

Kitties, have your mom or dad ever read you 'The Velveteen Rabbit"?   It is written by Margery Williams Bianco.



A good CB friend sent this yesterday and wondered if I perhaps have made my Donkey real.  Now Mom and I wonder too.


 I have loved him for years...he looks the way well loved toys do.   He comes to bed or almost....every night.  He drops out of my mouf when I announce him... just at the final leap onto the bed.

Mom and I do love that story; and she read it again after our friend asked about me and Donkey.

I just wondered if you Kitties and Woofies had read it too?


26 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie; we haz hurd oh thiz book but sew far we haz knot reeded
it two de gurl ☺☺☺ thanx for de headz up; we will serch for it N give
it a look see :) ☺☺☺♥♥♥

we hope everee onez happee N healtheez ~~

pilch92 said...

I have read it, but it makes me sad that the boy has to give up his rabbit even though he becomes real. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

No doubt about it sweet Katie, your donkey is very real in heart and mind!

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella,
Favorite Sis of Angel Madi loved that story....Donkey is well loved and quite lucky too
Hugs Cecilia

Eastside Cats said...

No, haven't read the book.
Sweetie has a fabric kicky toy that she has mangled beyond belief, but I cannot replace it yet; the stores are still in lockdown.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Our mom said she read it many years ago. Maybe she should read it to us! We love your relationship with Donkey.

The Whiskeratti said...

I actually haven't read the story. But I do think your Donkey is quite real. He's been well loved for so long.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh yes! I am sure Donkey is real.

The Island Cats said...

The mom has read that story, Katie. Your donkey is very well loved.

Ivan from WMD said...

Our mom has not only read it several times, she has her own copy! We definitely think you've made Donkey real. :-)

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I think when you go to the Bridge a real Donkey will be waiting there, and you two will be best friends.

Tamago said...

I’ve not read the book but I think Donkey is so loved and has become real :-) He is a treasure for you! Goro and Niko each has favorite toys. They have certainly become real as well :-)

meowmeowmans said...

Yes, indeed, Katie. Your love for Donkey makes him real, for sure. Our dad read that story as a child, and it was the first one that made him cry. It's a beautiful story.

Anonymous said...

THAT is one worn out donkey!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

What a wonderful little story.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

That's a very special donkey, sweet girl, and that's how they look when they're getting older...Granny knows all about it...MOL...she had two puppets herself who were worn out after intensive use...We love that you love your donkey so much, that's real cute. Unfortunately we don't know the story, we did try to find it in our Country😸Pawkisses for a Happy Wednesday. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

Pam and Teddy said...

We have that book - Mom received it from someone close to her and they had parted ways - Mom felt it was a "message" and through the years STILL thinks that. I think it's a dear and sweet story even though parts of it make me sad. I think you and Donkey have a most special relationship - like the one Angel Sammy had with his white mouse that he loved so much it turned into a rag. Love is love....and it's unconditional - your donkey and you understand that.

Love, Teddy (and Mom too)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
No have never read this story but it is a very valid one.
One of our Bouncy Mousies is still Bandido's favorite and that is often on the bed with him or near him.
Tried to replace that very loved one with new ones. He ate an arm off one of the new Mousies but still his favorite is the near-dead (REAL) first one.
Hugs,
Mariette

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We haven't read it.

I have an old toy I always carry in my mouth as I meow out for Mum sometimes when I'm stressed.

catladymac said...

None of us kitties have loved on toys, but many years ago our huMom had several she loved into reality. We love the stories of Katy and her toys !

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Of course I know the book, just can't remember ever reading it, donkey looks well loved

Mickey's Musings said...

Mum likes that story too and even has a copy :)
We wonder if Donkey is wandering around in the world too. Hope he is happy :)
Purrs,Georgia and Julie

Anonymous said...

One thing I know for sure - Donkey is real as heck! That guy is showing a LOT of loving. Mom has read and loved The Velveteen Rabbit many, many uncountable times when she was a teacher. It's for sure a favorite of hers. Plus she had a rag doll named Cindy that had turned real in her time. She didn't make it to our last move, but Mom had her for at least 45 years. Congratulations, Donkey. You made it through!

Love and licks,
Cupcake

John Bellen said...

I haven't read "The Velveteen Rabbit" for years and years, but I am sure Donkey is real. If anything can be real, it's Donkey.

Angel Simba said...

That book is one that always bring happy-sad tears. And no doubt about it Donkey is definitely Real.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Dad read this years and years ago when he was way younger than I am now. Remember that Donkey is indeed real as are all our dreams and wonders