It makes me and mom sad to read it, but I do believe those ferals who wait so patiently so many times are thinking similar things. Mom said if only...if only...she could make things better.
Too many of our dear CB furriends have gone to the Bridge within a short time. I am posting this as a memorial for their precious lives. They were loved.

27 comments:
Those were both so sweet, that is why we take care of our ferals.
That makes us sad too. Lovely poem for all who've left.
Those were lovely
What beautiful poems, Katie and Mom. That's why we have been volunteering so long. We hope we can make a difference, even in a small way.
What a lovely and poignant poem, Katie.
My heart hurts. Maybe it's because I found Bear JUST THIS WAY. He seemed so overwhelmed - so defeated by this big scary world - and I could relate. He came around twice a day and those quickly became the best part of my day. I am so thankful I could give him a home. My life wouldn't have been a life without him. I shared to Pinterest - this should be shared a lot.
So sweet and sad at the same time.....homeless kitties try to stay hopeful that someone will care enough to help them. They live a day at a time. I know we are happy to have the heated cat house on the front porch for any passing kitty who needs shelter or a safe night's sleep and we always give them breakfast or dinner when they visit us. It's a small thing but we feel like we have helped those who need it most. "There but for the grace of God go I" - and that goes for me AND my Mom..........
Hugs, Teddy
Lovely Katie..Lovely..!x
Always thinking of ALL the pussy~cats
everywhere..BIG or small..Like ALL
animals in the world, they should be
looked after and cared for...!x
Oh this makes me sad, too. Your mom is making things better for certain. Caring, spreading words, making donation, anything small or big would make a change xo
Katie Isabella bless your itty bitty kitty heart...what a beautiful post.
And thank Mom for her lovely comment on my quilting
Hugs Cecilia
Awww..those words sure put a lump in my throat. Love to you- Diana
Our ferals mean the world to us, and they are a part of the family...they just don't live inside. I watch for cats in the neighborhood, and am always ready to take on a TNR.
Sweet and sad at the same time.
Love and licks,
Cupcake
=^,,^=
♥♥♥♥♥♥
I agree with others. Sweet and sad at the same time.
There are many who care about ferals, of course; you, Katie, and your mum, for two., But there are so many ferals to care for...
What a lovely post
What a lovely poem for those that have passed on. Many purrs....
That is so sweet of your mom to post these. I am not going to read them though, I know i will cry and I have done too much of that lately. XO
Thank you Katie and Mom. We too miss all our friends and always worry about our friends who have no homes
Hi KI. This is such a sweet post today. We miss all of our friends, too, and we're thankful for those who are healthy and still here.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Yes, it is heartbreaking and I'm afraid it always will remain like that.
We have too many irresponsible people on this planet that cause so much grief for pets and humans.
When we bike, near the Humane Society (of all places!) people seem to set out kittens and adult cats.
It broke our heart to see a tiny kitten, no more than 8 weeks... amongst some older, bigger ones, sitting in the sunshine - waiting for some human love and FOOD.
Pieter entered through the gate as there was a pickup truck with men and they told him that they all took care of those abandoned souls and fed them. Also from the Humane Society they often came across the street to feed them. But what about spaying and neutering them?!
We cannot take in more as we have enough with our six!
Another heart breaking sight is that our neighbors across the street don't care for their grey kitten. He is not spayed, and is younger than all of ours but I saw him limp away from our front porch the other day. Guess he's seeking shelter there and to me it looked like his left hind leg was broken or whatever. Pieter once talked to them about neutering their cat but to no avail. I hate it that he enters our garage and he sprinkles the car or whatever. He even has entered through the 2nd cat door into the house and sprayed inside!!! Oh, hate such behavior and ours might start to act likewise... Arggh.
WHY are some people so cruel?!
Enough said...
Hugs,
Mariette
Oh! So touching.
Oh Katie what a sweet post.
Emma and Buster
There are sometimes introoder cats in our yard. We do not know if they have homes or are feral. When TBT is outside and one shows up, he always tries to be "approachable" but not "approaching".
They always run away. Which is fine with US, as we dont like introoders. But he always wonders about them.
Oh dear, such a sad, sweet post...
We have a few "intruder" cats, but they have homes, and we know where they live. Feral cats do have a hard life.
Post a Comment