Kitties! I got to laugh and laugh at mom this morning, but I was also not pleased with her for what she did!
She came out of our bedroom this morning after a not restful sleep time, and started getting my breakfast ready. After that, she tended to hers. Now Mom likes to lay everything needed out for hers and my breakfasts the night before, so that making her breakfast is a seamless transition from making mine for me.
However. After serving mine ...she poured in oatmeal to her bowl, & added the dried cherries and cinnamon. She picked up the last bag lying there on the stove for the final touch to the oatmeal before cooking it. Red bag, green bag waiting for her...all used and then, put away. Until Mom noticed that the green walnuts bag was still in the cabinet.
Still in the cabinet? Um...didn't she just put some walnuts into the cooking oatmeal? I watched her trying feebly to figure out what happened--- or more simply, what she did. It finally dawned on her as the oatmeal finished cooking. Mom had sprinkled my Party Mix in! The oatmeal announced it was ready and mom stirred it. Catnip Party Mix was liberally applied to it from it's on similarly colored and sized green bag.
I was hoping she didn't make the connection in a way, as it would have been fun seeing her eat it! Poor woman. It reminded me of stories our Angels told me in the night time when they visit about her pouring Cat Milk into her coffee one good day! And not realizing. Until it was too late.
Hey Kitties, Look! I have a new pink heart shaped bowl. It was purchased by the Cat Matriarch of the family way back in the 90's when Robin saved her famous cat food maker labels and added a few of her allowance dollars and ordered this from a cat food maker~ Mom said Robin would not use it, so it was put away all these years. But now, I went straight to my new bathtub water dish I use to sip from as I monorail! Purty, ain't it?


25 comments:
We love that heart-shaped bowl that Robin chose, Katie. And your story about what Mom did is so funny! It would have been quite a surprise for her had she eaten that without realizing!
Love the heart-shaped bowl. I snickered a bit reading about mom's oatmeal. You would have felt bad had she eaten it--you KNOW you would have...or maybe not. lol
Have a great nappy Sunday, Katie! xo Diana
The little bowl is 'pink' Katie...
AND..That's all that matters..! :).
We've ALL done silly things with food,
and sometimes we've just carried on
and ate it, without knowing..I'm sure
l must have long ears and a fluffy tail..
With some of the silly mixtures l've
thrown down my throat..! Oink! Oink! :o).
🐱 😸 😻 🐱 🐱 😸 😻 🐱
Poor Mom, but we think that could sure happen here too. That is a pretty pink bowl sweet Katie.
Yep, that's a human for you! Especially early in the morning.
OMC we're sorry we're laffin' but it IS funny. Thank COD she realized what she did.
That's a really pretty bowl.
The Florida Furkids
Dearest Katie Isabella,
That made me laugh and chuckle, oh, we do recognize such things and it is not far from any of us.
However, our kitty foods are downstairs in the laundry room where they get prepared at the sink on top of the little counter.
Sorry for the otherwise yummy oatmeal!
Hugs,
Mariette
That is both sad and funny what Mom did. Maybe she could have picked out the pieces of Party Mix? LOL. I LOVE your heart bowl!
Oh Katie Isabella I am giggling like a crazy purrson.
Inquiring minds want to know if your mix was tasty and per chance should all of us Oatmeal
lovers try it?
Thanks for poking fun at mom...Madi did that a lot. We were believers not taking ourselves too seriously
Hugs cecilia
Well, heck, Katie...did she even taste it? Maybe it's to be the newest food craze, and she was in the forefront!
Mum has the same routine in the morning.
We cannot wait for her to make the same mistake!!!!
MOL! MOL!
We also like that pretty pink dish.
Purrs,Georgia and Julie
Love the pink heart dish! Sometimes I wonder what kitty food would taste like. The tuna in the Fancy Feast Broths looks (and smells) pretty much like what you find in the cans for humans. And L'il Soups looks pretty much like cream of chicken soup with a few flakes of tuna. xoxo Patty
That was very funny, Katie. Your mum could have shared her breakfast with you.
The little pink bowl is very sweet.
Oh Katie. That is SO funny! We take it she didn’t eat that oatmeal...though she should have. The party mix would have been really tasty!
MOL MOL!
OMC Katie san, I laughed and laughed, and laughed some more on that story of your mom! I wonder what your Client would think of it :-D
Love Robin’s heart shaped bowl. It’s so sweet you are using it :-)
That is a very pretty dish. You and your mama could have shared the catnip oatmeal! MOL!
Ha! That story made me laugh, Katie. I knew something was coming but I didn't think it would be the party mix. I'm so frugal (ie. cheap) it would have taken me a while to decide whether to eat it anyway or throw it out. I still don't know what I would have decided...
MOL! Your human is lucky she caught her mistake before she dug in!
HAHAHA! Poor humans....it's a darn good thing they have US to try and steer them in the right direction although sometimes - just sometimes - it's fun to let them commit their boo boos so they can learn from them. I bet you enjoyed watching your Mom put kitty food in her oatmeal didn't you Katie?!?! That beautiful pink heart dish on the tub by your monorail observatory is really pretty. Purrrfect for you!
Hugs, Teddy
That is too funny. Thank you for the chuckle. I have the same bowl here, it was my Barney's bowl , she left us in 2013 so I set the bowl aside in remembrance of her. XO
Ok I laughed too
We love your delicate heart bowl, KI. Just in time for Valentine's Day. We hope your mom is recovered from her close call of almost eating kitty treat oatmeal. Yikes!
Love and licks,
Cupcake
Oh, Katie, that is hilarious! You made all of us laugh a lot!
We like your heart bowl. We had a similar one once but it didn't hold enough food to make anyone happy!
Oh my stars, your poor mom! It was kind of funny, though. And we love your new bowl.
Post a Comment