Kitties! Momma said on the way home from getting the first Quarter Pounder she has bought in probably 4 years, (said she had to have it) she saw there was a vehicle stopped in the road ahead as she rounded the curve. The driver had stopped to let a momma deer and her still sweetly spotted fawn cross the street. They did cross very slowly. They made their way to a lawn and nibbled on some bushes. Mom had to take pictures thru the car window into the evening sun for pete sake but she did anyway. Baby is in the front.
Mom said to tell you that she is very glad to read what you kitties and woofies said about being sedated. She was and is very sad at doing that to me, but the alternative is not to be allowed. She thanks all of you. Can you tell us how soon it starts to take effect? I get 100 mg. And what will I be like? Asleep and not responsive? Does it last long?
Moms!
26 comments:
Katie ~ our mommy is a human nurse, and she said she would be happy to answer your questions. She said ~
"The sedation you will get will go into effect very quickly. It will be like you've taken an unplanned-for nap! Yes, you will be deeply asleep and non-responsive. And you know what is going on!
It will last for as long as it takes the vet and crew to take care of your 'necessities'.
You will awaken slowly, and feel a little strange (off, a bit woozy and wobbly) Don't worry ~ that is normal!! In the late afternoon, when you are little more awake, and have gone potty, the vet will let you go home with your Mommie. The vet may have your Mommie give you only half of your normal dinner ~ they won't want you eating too much and horking!
You will still be a bit sleepy through the rest of the evening, but you be bright as a new penny in the morning!"
We and our Mommy wish you all best luck, dear Katie!
Errr... that should be "You WON'T know what is going on"!
Oh my goodness, mommy didn't know that was the effect for gabapentin. But she must do it and she said I couldn't read that. She said it was in Latin. So only she knows what you said.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Happy for that Mama Deer and her baby Bambi!
As for your sedation, I have absolutely no experience with any of our kitties...
Wishing you the very best!
Hugs,
Mariette
Those are such sweet deer dear Katie! I'm sure the sedation will do fine with you sweetie and we'll be here for moral support you know.
I don't recall that we have ever had to sedate Gracie or Millie! Here's hoping that everything goes well for you!
Forgot to do the email follow-up thing.
Sweet photo. Wjem I sedate KaTwo and Polar Bear, they are awake, just very calm. XO
Aha!! Our Mommy didn't remember that you were to be sedated 2 hours BEFORE going to the vet!
While usually gabapentin is given for kitty chronic pain, for you it will just help you to be VERY relaxed.
I apologize for any confusion!!
We love seeing the deer!
Katie, Zoey gets 100mg of the gabapentin about 2 hours before she goes to the vet. Now, it’s going to relax you..make you quiet and may even make you a little wobbly on your feet, kinda like a drunken sailor. That’s how Zoey is. The effects last awhile, even when you come home from the vet. Probably 8-10 hours total. Your mom might want to make sure you don’t try to jump up because you will be unstable on your feet. The other thing, it might make you hungry too. When Zoey comes home from the vet, she can’t wait to eat. We’re sure you’ll be fine...and it will help the vet be able to handle you and take care of whatever you need done.
Those deer are so sweet, Katie. We are glad Mom enjoyed that quarter pounder. :)
We are sure the sedation will be okay, Katie. And we will be purring praying, and sending loving support, okay? XO
We sometimes see deer in the middle of our town. I have no idea why they travel among the houses and streets.
Katie, the sedation will make you wobbly and maybe a little queasy but it won't last long. Your mum will see that you get plenty of rest and quiet.
My human has never had a cat (yet) that needed sedation for visits - I hope you get lots of good advice! I don't want to you be stressed about this ever.
Katie we see deer a lot in our yard but the last year no little babies.....that makes us a bit sad. We hope to see some next deer season because we LOVE them. I've never had to be sedated but what you're hearing from everyone is what we THINK it would be like - you'll just be wobbly, sleepy but you will get your vet care without all that stress! That's a wonderful thing! Then you can come home and sleep all curled up in your favorite nap spot and get treats when you wake up. Not bad huh?
Hugs, Teddy
Those deer are adorable! We use to have deer living in a 45 acre forest next to our condo complex then the village torn it down and built a hotel/convention center. Mom was very upset and was so worried about the deer and where they went.
My sister, Angel Lilly, use to be given a pill before each vet visit and it really helped. Don't remember what it was but she would get it about an hour before they left. It just made her sleepy. She use to pee, poop and puke in the carrier she was so scared. Hoping this works for you, sweetie.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a precious picture.
I hope you are easily pilled Katie Isabella and it will not cause any extra stress.
Hugs Cecilia
That's a cute photo! We send our purrs that your sedation will go well. Lots of good comments from other mom beans out there.
Those are some kyoot if dangerous Vishus Deer. Have your Vishus Deer repellent handy Katie.
Rumpy gets his sedation at the vets but maybe we will try an oral ahead of time next time. Last time he needed to be out for the xray. Next time will just be for a hygiene trim. Purrs you do well dear Katie
The deer family is so adorable! I can understand your mom feels sad that she has to have you sedated. But it must be good as you won’t be too stressed. I hope all will go well, sweet Katie san xo
We hope the sedation will just give you sweet dreams, Katie. We all hate going to the vet, but haven't needed drugs. The way Rufus sang so LOUDLY and continuously in the car last time, the Mom may need some drugs.
xxoo
Maggie
I am sure you will do fine with the sedation, Katie. Eric and Flynn never needed it, but I had 3 semi feral cats and 2 needed sedation before going to the vet. I can't remember what it was but it just made them very relaxed and a bit sleepy. I don't even remember them being wobbly on their feet but it was a long time ago.
We get deer in our bottom fields but I haven't seen any babies for a long time. I think they keep them hidden amongst the trees.
We hope your vet visit was okay, Katie.
What a cute photo. Mom and dad don't get to see many dear around here now, but what they do see are the gazillions of geese that gather and halt traffic. Even on dangerously busy South College Road right nearby they have a tendency to hold up traffic as they nonchalantly waddle across all lanes.
We have been sedated a few times for spays and neuters and dentals, but we never know it is coming, and we kinna expect ta be stabbied, so we just yawn and then sleep. Waking up is a little confusing (mostly because TBT isnt there) but he is about as soon as we are actually awake and waiting ta go home.
We WERE kinna surprised to find our tummies shaved and scratchy things there but that was long ago. We hadn't thought about it fer many seasons actually.
Purrs to you about all that...
We have a couple of deer hanging 'round our office complex, and it's always nice to see them!
Our neighborhood is too densely populated for deer. Once in a while we have a groundhog living next door.
I know the sedation is not pleasant and a bit scary, but some times it is necessary. Later this month and next month, I will be sedated twice! I will have cataract surgery on both eyes.
Post a Comment