February 8, 2018

Say it Isn't So

I hear mom talking on that small rectangular thing she has that she's always fiddling with when I am sleeping, or trying to, on her lap.  If she keeps it up enough, I leave!  When I am on her lap, no Words With Friends or email or texting allowed!  Also, she actually speaks to the thing.  And I heard her telling my human sister, the mommy to the Sticky One, that I was going to have to have an appointment for a  s-h-o-t.  The dreaded one that starts with an "R" I think she said.  That always makes me feel badly.  Mom dreads taking me in for that.

My favorite tech is now working elsewhere...a good 45 minutes away in another city.  I won't have her to look forward to any more when I go to the Clinic.  She said she could still come by for claw clipping.  And she'll babysit me when mom goes away.  Did mommy every tell you that when Angel Admiral was here...in the last year of her time with mommy, Admiral would hear mom on the phone making appointments with the v-e-t.  Admiral was ill and had to go about once a week.  When mom started talking, Admiral took off and stayed under the bed where mom could not get her.  Mom had to go outside and make phone calls to the v-e-t.  Seriously.  Well, who knows?  I may take a leaf from Admiral's book of rules.

Mom, please don't make me go.  I'll be a good girl I promise. 



33 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh, we already got for weeks that 'invitation' for the 'R' shot for both Barty boy and for the baby girl Speckie. Have waited till my birthday weekend was over with but next week we have to make that appointment call too. They HATE us for days afterward and yes, it makes them sick and very resentful.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Brian's Home Blog said...

Poor Katie, those trips are no fun but all will be okay sweetie.

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee, that Admiral was one smart kitty ;)
It is hard for us to avoid the Vet.
Mum is pretty crafty when it comes to catnapping us.
Darn!!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

The Whiskeratti said...

Lovely Katie, we totally know exactly how you feel but... we all gotta go sometimes. And it is a shame that your fav tech went away, too.

pilch92 said...

Admiral was very smart and you are too. XO

The Island Cats said...

Katie, y’know...I do the same thing as Admiral did. When I hear the mom talk on that phone thing, I head under the bed...no matter who she’s talking to.

The Island Cats said...

Oh, that was me, Ernie.

Lone Star Cats said...

Yikes, shots are no fun.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Funny enough, we all never pay attention about the vet visits until it's too late. Although I do want to say that when my human got up at 4 AM for the big trip we took today, I totally went to the litter box on my own because I knew something was up! But that was a positive trip.

Anonymous said...

We dont care when TBT talks on the phone. But we can tell when it is with the VET! ACK, our annual visits are due...

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie....even being the BESTEST GIRL EVER won't save you from a vet trip when you need a dreaded JAB. Be brave....I know you can!

Love, Teddy

Anonymous said...

Well, if you not haf to go fur the s.h.o.t thingy, I hope its over and done wiv really quite and you get a huge bowl of tuna and bacon to make up fur it
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

SailorEdgar said...

You need to be a healthy girl as well as a good girl, Katie.

Colehaus Cats said...

Oh, the things we kitties need to do to be healthy. And healthy is even better than being a good girl. If our Mom were talking on that talky thing, we'd be shocked first off because she doesn't have one, and secondly because she's not a talky thing person, and after all that shockiness, we'd probably knock that thing from her hand. And nope, we wouldn't feel one ounce of remorse for doing it.

Tamago said...

Glad your favorite vet tech can still come see you :-)
I know your mom feels really bad to take you to the vet for dreaded s-h-o-t!

BeadedTail said...

It's a good thing she talks into that thing so you have a heads up when trips to the v-e-t is coming. We're sorry your favorite tech won't be there but glad she'll still be visiting you and taking care of you at home. That photo of you is gorgeous!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

That Admiral was sooo smart!!!!! Maybe it was the inflection in mom's voice? xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

Annie Bear said...

Kitties are smart and don't let anyone tell you differently! Annie knows too on the day no matter how careful I am.

How could anyone resist that face?!

John Bellen said...

Don’t worry, Katie. Those vet visits are over very quickly, especially for a shot. You’ll be back home before you know it.

Even so, the Admiral was a very smart cat.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie.....passport ready...flight leaves at *:88 we will be enroute to ****** and stay until ******* your mom will NEVER know.....let's see how she fixez THIS vet appointment you wont be going to....indeed....hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥♥

My Mind's Eye said...

Yikes shots and medical stuff are a PITT...good luck Katie
Hugs madi your bfff

NanaDiana said...

Aww...I know you hate shots but they are to keep you healthy and well, Katie. You can do it--make your momma proud! (or run away)...lol xo Diana

Terri said...

Sweetie, tell your mommy to ask about PureVax if you aren't getting that brand of rabies vaccine. I had a Himalayan years ago that used to get sick after regular rabies vaccines. She had to have PureVax and did better after them.

Anonymous said...

Katie, trust Mom. She really does know best. xo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sorry you have to go to the dreaded vet and have a shot, Katie. I hope it all goes well for you with no reactions.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Poor baby, we all dread that shot too. Admiral sounds like a very smart kitty!

Ivan from WMD said...

We all have to get our R shots this year too, Katie. We get the 3-year one, and *still* it's too often!

P.S. Admiral's brilliant reaction made our mom smile!

Cupcake said...

Oh, no, KI. What a bummer that your friend isn't at your vet anymore. That shot is a must, in any case. You can only bite the bullet (or the vet's paw) and get it, and hope there are treats and cuddles afterwards. Good luck, sweetie.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

www.shelter-cats.com said...

Admiral was a very smart girl. It must have been so hard when Mommy had to take her to the vet weekly when she got sick.
Don't worry, Katie! This will just be a quick visit to the vet and then back to your regularly scheduled activities.
xxoo
Maggie

Noodle Cat said...

Oh no, the dreaded needle!
Yikes...
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Noodle and crew

meowmeowmans said...

Poor Katie! We are sorry to hear you have to go the V-E-T. Mommy loves you so much, and it makes her sad and anxious, too, we bet. Love to you both.

Mariodacat said...

Dear sweet Katie: That Admiral was as smartie for sure. She was rreally smart to pick up on a phone conversation. You are also very smart - it must run in the fmaily!!!

Saku said...

Poor Katie, we sure hopes you don't have to go to the ebil v e t office for a shot. But if you do, we know you'll be furry brave!