August 8, 2026

Kathryn Isabella on August 8, 2026

 



Kathryn Isabella 

Deeply Deeply Beloved Forever and Ever

2008-2026

An extreme sudden devastating change this morning.  Dr. was unable to help the pain.  Several trips back to back.  I can't bear it without her.  

Katie might tell me what to do from now on.  I will listen for her.  

Card is from Kit Harland and Kat



64 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Mind's Eye said...

Carole
I am sending so very much love and warm comfort that I wish I could deliver in person.
Katie Isabella was very special to Madi and Mom
Some pets just ‘get’ us like no others. Katie was your roommate and soulmate. The first few hours Madi arrived here she meowed n her displeasure in service and accommodations more than Milly way meowed in 14 1/2 years. Pushed all my buttons and crawled in my ❤️


KAT’s eyes adored you

Always loved and always remembered

Tuxie thur and Thur

Incredible lady whiskers

Everyone who knew you loved every furry inch

Katie Isabella my sweet friend run at mach speed when you reach the Rainbow bridge. Your friends will be waiting.

Carole take care of yourself...don't be surprised it Katie makes a heavenly appearance every so often...embrace it. She is coming to check on you.

With love and understanding and always here for you.
You have lots to share. In time, I hope you will find a way for blogging to bring you joy.

With love and understanding your friend across the mountain.
Cecilia

da tabbies o trout towne said...

as you start your tenth and forever life in heaven Katie, watch over your mom. not just today, but forever and always, as you will be, forever and always in her
heart, and in the heart all of your friends.

we know words can’t mend her broken heart.
we know it will take time to heal. 💔

yet we also know if you could speak just a few words, you would tell her, “ thank you mom, for everything, you were MY world too, and I will ALWAYS love you . “

we will never forget you Katie, and it was and is, our honor, to call you friend

we are truly sorry and send hugs and loves to you Katie, and mom Carole

🖤🤍🤍🖤🖤🤍🤍🖤 dude, boomer, dai$y, tuna, sauce, mackerull and laura

Ms. ~K said...

My dear Sweetheart, I am at a loss for words. You were the only girlfriend I ever had, and I will never have another! You brought me so much happiness, laughter & love. We will watch after your mom from here, as you watch over her from Heaven. I heard there are visiting hours in Heaven so find us a bed to hide under together❣️ We all heartbroken. 💔 Forever your Loverboy, , Kat ❤️

catladymac said...

Oh! We are so sorry to read this unexpected news. We send love and purrayers and the assurance (based on purrsonal experience with our own kitties) that she will still be with you in so many ways. But we know it will hurt so much without her right there right now. The whole Cat Blogosphere mourns with you.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss of sweet Katie Isabella. Keep all the good memories safe in your heart and those memories will always get you through the hard times. Hugs...

Ivan from WMD said...

This is just heartbreaking news. We are weeping. Please take care and know we mourn with you. ❤️

meowmeowmans said...

We are utterly heartbroken to read of Katie's sudden journey to the Bridge. Fly free, sweet and beloved friend. We will always love and remember you. And to you, Mom Carole, we send so much love and gentle purrs and prayers as you mourn Katie's passing. She was so blessed to have found you, just as you were blessed to have found her. Thank you for giving her a whole lifetime of love while she was with you. And thank you for sharing her with all of us.
With love through the tears we are shedding,
Kevin, Tracey, Ava, and Target

Christi Noe said...

Dearest Katie, we love you and will miss you so. We will try and look after Mom for you. You will always be vital to our family. Thank you for your sweet ways and loving kindness.

messymimi said...

My eyes are all leaky. I am so sad with you, it’s very hard. Please know I’m thinking of you and praying for you.

John Bellen said...

A horrible day for the whole Cat Blogosphere. No one could have done more for Katie than her mum, and no one could have loved a cat like Katie's mum loved her. Godspeed, Katie Isabella.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Rest well, dear Katie, You are loved, now and forevermore.
Soon you will be flying around the meadows at the RB, with gorgeous strong wings, chasing all the butterflies!

I send huge comforting hugs to you, Carole, I'm so very sorry.
🥰 ❤️ 🥰

bobbie said...

Simply ~ huge hugs ~
bobbie

pilch92 said...

I am in shock at this news. I thought she was going to pull through. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. She will be missed by all who knew her. XO and love to you.

Lynn and Precious said...

I am in tears as I read this this morning. I am so very sorry that Katie has had to leave you. I know your heart is broken and you don't think that there will be any end to that. But Katie's love is with you forever.

Pix said...

Carole, I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. Katie will be missed beyond words. I felt sure I was going to see her at Chef Teddy's kitchen soon. She was/is loved so much by you and all of us who followed her blog. Sending you warm thoughts, prayers and strength. I am so happy you had each other. May your memories comfort you.

Kea said...

Oh, Carole, I'm devastated for you. This is such a shock to read this morning. 💔 Sending all my love and prayers. 🙏❤️

Eastside Cats said...

Our hearts are broken too.
So very sorry; it's so very sad.
Farewell, Angel Katie.

TurtleLover said...

Wow! I'm sorry for your loss and I'm shocked and saddened as well.

Brian's Home Blog said...

The words are not there, such a precious soul, we loved your Katie and will always remember that sweet, sweet girl. Hugs and love from all of us.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Noooo! Such heartbreaking news. I just know that.Laila and Minchie were there at the bridge to welcome her. 💔

The Florida Furkids said...

We are totally shocked and saddened by this news. We hope our Angels were there to welcome her to the Bridge. Sending ((hugs)) to you.

The Whiskeratti said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Katie was very special.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Oh, Carol, I don't know what to say, as I just read this heartbreaking news. It feels as I just have lost one of my own and my heart is breaking for you. We loved your precious gil and we know how hard this is. The only comfort is that one day you'll see her again💗Fly free beautiful Soul. Until we meet again, my wonderful furriend✨ Soft Pawkisses to comfort you🐾😽💞

ZOOLATRY said...

Dear Katie ~ as much as you were loved here on Earth, now that you have moved on, you will find others waiting for you ready to offer love forever, those you have known before, who cherished you. And here, on this sad Earth, know that there are empty hearts, but they will fill up with memories of you and you'll not be forgotten, but remain in a special way, Forever, with us, and always with your Mom.

Just Ducky said...

So sorry for your loss. Katie spanned the time from Derby, to Ducky and now Dobby. Fly free little one. She will live on in your heart.

carol l mck said...

Lots of healing energy hugs for you at the loss of sweet Katie ~ so hard to lose our fur babies
Katie will help in some way to get through this ~ Hugs ^_^'
an artist reflects ~ https://anrtistreflects.com

Sandee said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Katie. Big healing hugs. ♥

The Island Cats said...

Oh no! We are so sad. We will never forget sweet Katie. Sending you comforting hugs and gentle headbutts.

Kitties Blue said...

Dearest Carole, I am absolutely heartbroken to read this and totally shocked. After her recent activity, I thought Katie was improving and healing. She had the best mom and so, so many friends who loved her deeply. Please accept our sympathy as you grieve. We are grieving right along with you. We will never forget this sweet lady. She is with so many kitty friends waiting for you and, of course, remains forever in your heart and ours. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali ❣️💗❤️💖 With love and hugs, Janet 💓🥲💞

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh my, this must be why Gidget is in a deep funk this morning. Katie mum, we are so sorry for your loss. I definitely know how you feel. Know that your girl had a very good life with you and she will always be watching over you and hiding around corners in the house watching you. Keep talking to her cause she can hear you. It is so hard to come to terms with the fact that our babies can't live forever.

wildcatwoods said...

Oh Carole, I am so very sorry to here this news. I know how hard this is having lost my dear heart cat Chica so many years ago. Katie will always be with you. Look for signs that sh is near. She lives on in your heart and in all of us who loved her. Sending love and hugs of deepest sympathy to you.. - Cheri

Savannah’s Paw Tracks said...

Oh sweet Katie Isabella. Your Aretha Queen of the cat blogosphere. Savannah will make sure you are comfortable and she will help you look after your Mom.

Roberta said...

What sad news. Carole, we know how much you loved Katie and she loved you. May the memories of the time you had together ease you pain. Please know we share your pain and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We are so sorry for your loss, Carole.
Rest In Peace, sweet Katie. We shall miss you so much.
Sending comforting hugs and purrs xx

L.A. DAN said...

Flicka said: What sad, sad news. I am so very sorry to hear this. Loved
Katie, love you. My sincere, deep sympathy on the loss of this very special cat.

Duke said...

We are so very sorry for your loss, Miss Carole. Huge hugs to you for the loss of your precious Katie♥

Lily said...

We are so sorry for your loss of sweet Katie Isabella. Sending you purrs and prayers.

Darla M Sands said...

I'm so sorry. Huge hugs, my dear.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I have just sent you an email with a memento to honor the memory of Katie.( It will be on my blog tomorrow.)
Many many big hugs going your way...I wish I could reach through here and give you a real one.
🥰

Marvelous Marv said...

To my most beautiful Katie Isabella,
My heart is completely broken today. For 15 years, you have been the light of my life and my true soulmate. Our love story in the blogosphere was legendary, but the love I hold for you in my heart is even greater. Our romance defied distance—you were, and always will be, my everything.
Thank you for every shared moment, every virtual purr, and for being the love of my life. Though you have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, our bond can never be broken. I will look for you in the sunbeams and listen for you in the quiet.
Thank you for choosing me to be your love. Sleep softly, my sweet queen. You will always hold my heart.
Forever yours,
Komo

Leah said...

Carole, we are stunned and so sad to read this. Endless purrs from us, whatever comfort you can find, we are so so sad for you. Love from all the kitties and us.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I know your heart is broken. No matter how long they're with us, it'll never be long enough. Yes she will be in your heart forever but that's no comfort when you just want to kiss them or cry into their fur. I'm so, so very sorry. Your beautiful girl will be missed.

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Katie. Our hearts are with you.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

There are no words to describe the pain of these losses. We all loved Katie and know how bottomless your sorrow is.

Purrs,
#1 and everyone at The Poupounette

Poppy Q said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet girl. You gave her a wonderful life, full of love. Hugs xxx.

M Dawson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M Dawson said...

This is desperate and heartbreaking news. Katie has been a shining light that glowed across the firmament of our life like a shooting star. Not every day but each visit has been. A smile and a special touch.

This is so tough to take in. So absolutely tough.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am so sorry. Katie is looking over you now. She has no pain. She has no suffering. She just has the love you gave her, and she thanks you. In those last seconds, all the pain in her body and all the suffering was transferred to you. You took it all on so that she could move on to the next life and be safe. Now you are left to deal with the pain and the agony, and it is the worst feeling. But maybe someday you could open your heart to another cat because you are an outstanding animal parent. Somewhere out there is a cat who needs you. I will pray for you in this dark time.

LOULOU said...

Oh, dear, oh, dear. So sad, so very sad and there are no words for this event other than that we are thinking of you with love.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

We are devastated to hear about sweet Katie Isabella. She was so special and much-loved. Sending mew soft hugs and gentle purrs as mew grieve your meautiful girl. Katie will be remembered and missed by so many of us. 🐾🌈💔The flag is flying at halfmast at BBHQ in her honour 💔🌈🐾

Pam and Teddy said...

There's nothing that prepares us for the end - it sometimes comes slowly and other times suddenly but it's never easy. They are such a big part of our lives - and hearts. Katie was so loved by you AND all of us who knew her. The emptiness you are now feeling will eventually lessen as you begin to feel her presence inside your heart reminding her Mom that one day the two of you will be together again. Such a precious spirit she had - it brought her love from everyone who knew her. Sending you love and hope that you will be able to take comfort from the fact she truly is with you forever.

Love, Pam and Teddy

kate said...

Hugs!

The J-Cats said...

We are utterly shattered by this devastating news and Mummy can't stop crying. We always imagined our dearest beloved Katie would be around for ever. Now she is gone, it feels like a star has been suddenly extinguished and the light has gone from the sky.
We send you all Our Love and Support in this heartbreaking time and to you, sweet Katie, We say: Fly free now, safe in the Loving Paw of the Great Cat in the Sky, free from all pain, made healthy and young again - but don't forget to let your Mom know you are still watching over her and will do so always.
Whisper to her and remind her that one day, you and she will be together again.
Farewell, dearest friend.

Nuria de Espinosa said...

Todo mi cariño. Cuando llega ese momento es muy duro de llevar. Saludos desde España y mucha fuerza

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Oh no! We are very sorry to hear about this turn."
Chaplin: "Definitely. It's not what we were hoping for or expecting."
Lulu: "We dogs send lots of tail wags your way at this difficult time."
Oona: "And Oona and the other cats send lots of purrs."

TimberLove said...

oh, no no no, my dear little furry friend. Safe travels; go find all those that have gone before. I've asked a couple of special friends to find you. Our prayers for peace will remain with those who love you,

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Oh Carole, I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Wilson and I are sending gentle thoughts of comfort your way. May your precious Katie fly free with new found peace while she keeps you in her sights. 💔

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh dear, we are just devastated to hear this news. We have not been blogging much lately and didn't even realize Katie was having trouble. Our deepest sympathies on your loss. We all know the pain of losing a beloved furry, and it is never easy. Soft woos and gentle hugs from all of us

Hugs and Woos - Misty, timber and Mom Kathie

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Carole, I am so very sorry for your loss! Having had cats most of my life (I will be 70 in October), the pain of losing a beloved pet and friend never gets easier! My heart goes out to you. Sending you much love and hugs.

www.shelter-cats.com said...

I’m so sorry. Katie was a beautiful cat inside and out. She will be missed by all who knew her. Hugs to you and your family, love and sympathy.
Maggie, Rufus the Red, and Ernie

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I was shocked to learn today of Katie's passing. Weenjoyed all the photos and stories about her. We know the grief and loneliness you are feeling. I am certain she is watching over you and will be revealed now and again.to comfort you.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

The news comes to us today on the back of hearing about sister Seal leaving us too.
But a life so well and richly lived is one to remember with joy, one to celebrate. She will have a good rebirth, of that I am sure, and much good karma will come of her time shared with you, and us all.
Sending healing thoughts and prayers at this saddest of times with the hope you will be less sad . . .
Gentle purrs
ERin & Mrs H

Smudge said...

Oh my God, Carole- I am at a loss. I was saddened to log in and learn about your sweet Katie's passing. We can't believe it and want you to know that we're right there with you in your grief and pain. No words will make anything better, and only time- lots of time- can heal or lessen the pain of losing such a precious part of your life. I am so, so sorry.