April 24, 2026

Work Work...Stop That, Mom

 Kitties!  Sheesh.  Mom keeps doing the little things  today that she lets pass until it becomes urgent and then...rather than snuggle ME all day, she cleans fifty-leven things, one after the other.  She started by cleaning the kitchen trash receptacle.  Give me a break, Mom!  It'll just get yucky again!  Then, she had to go wash the bathroom floor.  She does that down on her bony knees.  Her legs are muscular top to ankle but those knees.  Sharper than a blade!  Like her elbows. Mercy on me when she pokes me with them at night in bed. (her knuckles are like 5 pieces of granite on each hand for pete sake!!!)  Then, she cleaned the dish drainer on the counter for pity sake.  How bad can it BE Mom?  Sheesh!  She did the wash yesterday and put it away.  Bet she starts the weekend by changing sheets again!  Not wanting my help!  She started taking up the throw rugs (4) in the kitchen this morning... shaking them hard outside and sweeping my gallon of tracked litter up!  I know what THAT means.  This weekend will have her cleaning and shining that danged floor AGAIN! Ya got a King of Somewhere coming over or something, Mom? I'm waiting on snuggles.  I can see my fluffy belly while walking across it!!!

This is how I roll! Keep your bony protuberances to yerself! 

These are 6 members of favorite brovvers 12 member herd in his back yard in the City of Charlotte NC


  

24 comments:

John Bellen said...

Having to scrub or wash on the knees is terrible, and I'm having trouble with my left foot where it joins the ankle; arthritis probably. Not like when I was young, I can tell you...

Gidget Blue Sky said...

sound like my houze this mornin katie, cleaning, vacoomin, mopin, sheesh!

pilch92 said...

You would like cuddling with me. I am squishy soft like a pillow. :) XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

Cleaning isn't fun sweet Katie. I dusted once and it came back so heck with it!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie watches me with disgust when I run around cleaning and tidying up too!

Ms. ~K said...

Hi Sweetheart! You are looking scrumptious as usual! My mom gets in those cleaning moods too & we just stay out of her way! 😹 Sending lots of kisses to your floofy belly❣️ Kat

NanaDiana said...

I think Mom is a lot like me and feels guilty sitting knowing there are things that need to be/should be done. I go on those cleaning sprees all the time. Hang in there, Katie. She loves you-almost as much as she loves a clean floor--lol. xo Diana

messymimi said...

You have to clean or it builds up, but yes, she needs to stop and pet you every hour for five minutes.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

When the clean-up-itis strikes, watch out!! Happens here, too...but sometimes *she* puts things on the back burner, LOL! Right now outside things seem to take precedence!
BTW, I have special knee pads for gardening, they would work for cleaning too...and I have even seen mops that can be worn on feet to help clean hard floors...LOL!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Maybe the pope is sleeping over

Leah said...

Hmm, could swear I commented on this earlier, about what a cute picture of you Katie, and how amazing to have a herd of twelve ...

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am a lot like that too, Katie. I leave the jobs that are not so important, then when they build up I set to on them and keep going until I am fit to drop. That is a sweet photo of you!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie Isabella, my recommendation to you is find a spot as high up off the floor and away from your mom's short reach as you can get. Then let her have at it. Just be careful when you come down that the floor Isn't So polished that you go sliding across it on your little fur paws. We love seeing the deer and you. And for us it's times two.

The Florida Furkids said...

Mom's knees are like that plus she's always worried she won't get back up. Actually, we worry about that too because how could she feed us from the floor??????

Katie Isabella said...

Mom here got tickled by your comment! She is going to be forced by me, to tell how she does it!

Eastside Cats said...

Hmm...Katie.
I'm reading a book, so not dusting, cleaning, rinsing, washing...just petting sleeping cats and drinking tea.

Pix said...

I see a little blep, Katie! Your Mom wore me out. I just finished cleaning kitchen counters and that's it for me today. No way I could get on my bony knees to scrub the floor... yes, getting up is torture. Did you mention your floofy belly?♥

eileeninmd said...

Cleaning is not my favorite job, love the cute kitty photo and the deer.
Have a happy weekend.

meowmeowmans said...

We could not resist your cuteness, Katie. Those chores would just have to wait! :)

The J-Cats said...

Sounds like your Mom has got Spring(cleaning) Fever, Katie!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

My mum is the same!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Sounds like your floor is spic and span, sweet Katie, now you can eat from the floor...MOL...Faye always helps Granny, when she cleans the floor...no more on her knees though...What a great view your brovver has, we wished the deer came in our garden too, or at least in the front garden, so we can see them🐱Extra Pawkisses for you and your mommy too🐾😘💞

M Dawson said...

We have struggles and bony knees here. We just get down on our bums and work from there LOL!!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Humans always have trouble keeping their priorities straight!"