February 27, 2026

Grooming on Monday...Ewwww.

Kitties!!  I heard Mom calling the ebil v-e-t to get my claws cutted, my ears cleaned!! and another Vitamin B shot.  I have to go Monday! IF she thinks she can gather me up. The first 12 years I lived here I NEVER said a word about being gathered up and ushered not stuffed...into the PTU.  Now it's stuffed and no idea why I changed.  I am also giving her some grief when she tries to anoint my ear with methemizole.  I think it's because I added 2 and 2 and come up with allergy as to why I am scratching my head and ear area so much.  Sure as tarnation don't want more of the stuff!  Mom says don't suggest pills.  Her reply is: "You GOTTA be kidding!"  She said don't even go there--- and I think she is sending you the stink eye. for thinking it..in advance! 

Mom just crammed down a sandwich and pickles for lunch.  She's going to do her physical stuffs to keep in shape. Me, I am camped out by the heat register though it is 58F and not likely to start spouting heat anytime soon. 

Wish I knew someone who would replace the that closet door knob.  It's all wobbly.  Mom said the screw driver isn't helping as on the other side of the door, hardware fell out of it who knows when.  Unless it is something that lines up with her career, no household things need apply to her for fixinatin'.  Ain't gonna happen. I can't do it for her...my claws get in the way.  

She said the daffodils leaves...'spears' she calls them, are up and so are the tulip & hyacinth ones.  One brave Daff even opened two blooms.  She also allowed as how her roses are making tiny red leaves...wheeeee. She has asked her lawn mower man if he will transplant the pitiful rose up by the  front fence to the rose bed for her.  ( Told ya, she's as useless as her favorite sayin'....mammary glands on a boar hog.) 

Well..she has to get trotting now, and I hope I will remain undisturbed.

This is far and above Mom's fave cartoon.  SO true.  

  

Mom loves me a whole lot! Even tho for the first time in all my lives, I am clawing her new chair. 

27 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Katie, you said it yourself, your claws get in the way! Maybe they do need a trim.

Lynn and Precious said...

I bet you've decided to make up fur lost time on that chair scratching job. Me, I've always taken swipes at our chair so it's not new to us, and da chair is not new anymore, mol. I got sunbeam today and I'm in it. I'm sorry ya gotta gitz da claws clipped, Lynn gotz mine yesterday! We girls need our claws.

Kea said...

Katie, it seems that you're just asserting your dominance over your mom, as you rightly should! Especially when it comes to the PTU and v-e-t appointments! The chair scratching is an added bonus. 😉

(Good luck to you both on Monday, though!)

The Island Cats said...

Hope your vet visit goes well, Katie.

Eastside Cats said...

We can get behind anything that includes pickles, Katie!

Leah said...

We're purring for the vet visit to go smoothly, Katie! It's good to hear about those signs of spring!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know all will go okay with the Vet trip, you can handle it sweet Katie!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Hope Monday goes by quickly for you with no problems!

pilch92 said...

Sorry you have to go to the vet. Penny goes tomorrow- hope they have their welding gloves ready. :) XO

Ms. ~K said...

Oh Sweetheart, I do hope your trip to the vet will be easy peasy! I like my vet techs, but hate the ride there & back! We have several scratching posts here, but it’s just not as satisfying as scratching expensive furniture! 😹 Your Loverboy, Kat😻

NanaDiana said...

Oh---that darned V-E-T...you poor, poor girl...and that poor poor vet that has to charm you into submission. lol. Relax and enjoy the weekend before your big day Monday. xo Diana

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

The vet's torture chambers.Yikes!! I hope your claws won't become too useless for scratching the new chair...teehee!

Pam and Teddy said...

Well Katie if you are getting away with clawing Mom's fave chair then you need not worry about a THING. If she's allowing that, she will allow anything! LOL So you might have an allergy to your meds? That's not good.....Phooey! Maybe the vet has some ideas??? Good luck!

Huggies, Teddy

Katie Isabella said...

She has found a way to keep me from further damage. She'll tell you.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella...Angel Madi was most often stuffed into her PTU....and she sang the song of her people all 5 minutes it took to get to the vet. then I had to unscrew the PTU to get her out. BUT AS SOON AS THE TORTURE WAS OVER SHE WALK IN IT QUICKER THAN GREASED LIGHTNING.
I hope your visit Monday will go well.
Sending purrs for you both
Hugs Cecilia

Gidget Blue Sky said...

clear packing tape

eileeninmd said...

Sure, your Mama loves you! The vet will take care of your allergies.
Take care, have a happy weekend.

CCL Wendy said...

I changed Katie's meme from Dani and I, on our February 27th post. I didn't notice the problem with it until today. I'm sorry if I caused any untoward feelings. The intent was just to be humorous. Love to you both.

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, we are sorry you have to go the vet on Monday, but your momma loves you more than anything, so please be a good kitty for her, okay? We are purring and praying all goes well at the vet. XO

messymimi said...

I do hope you will go to the vet without much trouble, you’re going to have to get there, make it easier on yourself. As for the pills, I wish you would take pill pockets.

John Bellen said...

As we age, Katie, we change a bit, our bodies, our personalities. We all wish it weren't so, but it happens. But the ear-medicine is preferable to the pills, we all know that. As for the door knob, don't get inadvertently locked on the inside because you can't open the door!

Darla M Sands said...

Best wishes to you and yours, sweet Katie Isabella. Take care!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Oh, Katie, you look awwdorable, sweet girl. Did you know that claws live their own lives, that's why they always want to claw furniture...MOL...Healing Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday to you and your wonderful mommy too and Good Luck tomorrow sweet girl🙏🏼🐾😙💞

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You never know what is going to happen at the vets so a little struggling is in order. Nice cartoon!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We hope your vet visit goes smoothly. We don't like the nail trimming either. Our hyacinths are also popping up but it is very early for that here,more winter to come.

Woos - Misty and Timber

The J-Cats said...

Katie darling, We wish you luck with your visit to the Evil V-E-T and that it won't be too traumatizing - for either of you (mol). We look forward to seeing you at Our Pawty this week. We can't imagine a pawty without Our Best Girl!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "I am with you, Katie, I don't like getting stuffed into the crate for a trip to the V-E-T either. And I definitely get stuffed into it, backwards, so I can't brace my front and back paws on the door. Mama and Dada are wise to that trick."