October 4, 2025

So Far, So Good

 Kitties!!! Woofies!! I chose that title because so far, for two days and today is the third we hope, I have eaten a LOT of food, 1 1/2 can a day of wet food and even some of my dry kidney kibble.  I have also done another thing that just made mom so happy when she saw it last night at bed time.

I have not gone into any of my beds at all for over a month or Mom's bed either.  I had to get a lot of sleep because I had to tunnel over and help Teddy in the Kitchen this morning!  So I went to bed.  I had not snuggled with mom next to her head either at night.   I was on the floor instead.  Mom took this one her way to bed last night.  I was finally in my big bed!! I lie on her chest for a good while after we headed to bed (I got up out of mine when I heard her in the bedroom.) I fell over off of her chest to next to her neck and laid my headie on her shoulder again.  We both went instantly to sleep. 
I woke up..had a big breakfast!  I am already to half a can of wet food!  I got my methimizole too! Right on time.  I am here in front of the screen and keyboard as she  (tries to)types. OH OH!  I laid in sunpuddles for the first time in several months yesterday!  Halcyon moment to see that, she told friends! I enjoyed it.

I found there are seven side effects of having mirtazipine and I had all 7!!! My respirations were 80  minute!  I could not be still...I roamed all over the house.  Mom picked me up.  I loved it but it only lasted 3, 4 minutes each time before I had to roam again.  Mom said after that second dose that she was quitting to see if I would eat.  Boy, have I ever!!  Teddy's dinner, several courses, filled me to the brim. 

Want to see Garfield, Mom's besties' boy cat that Mom went to see last week?  Mom took him a new soft hidey place he could get into and he LOVES it.  And a bunch of toys and...some foods.  
I am in my beddie as I dictate!  Enjoying a sunpuddle.   I just ate second breakfast.

Mom  is SO glad I an acting normal again. 

Thank you for weathering this scary five days without eating anything at all with us.  We know we didn't hardly get to visit anyone.  XXOO




21 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, don't you evfur nevfur do this scare again. Not funny, not even with
Halloween comin'. We are glad to see you may eat mommy outa house and
home now. She'll just have to foot the bill and that's that. We are glad
to see you went cookin' with Teddy. And boy, that Garfield is handsome.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Dance!!! Sweetest Katie, I'm so happy to read such good news from your Queendom, I'm smiling big time!!!

Kea said...

Katie, I'm so glad you're doing well now! Fingers and paws crossed that this continues! ❤️

Leah said...

Katie that is all such marvelous, wonderful news! Eating so well snoozing well too, taking the sun, fabulous! And isn't that Garfield a handsome fella!?

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Yes!! I love hearing this wonderful news! Keep it up, Okay??!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

This is very good news, Katie. I am happy you are eating again and acting more like you used to. Keep it up, sweetie!

John Bellen said...

May this recovery continue and grow.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

We're so happy that you're doing well, Katie. We didn't want it any other way😺Now we're on our way to eat some dinner with you and Teddy, we wonder what you have prepurred for us. Hang in there sweet girl and mom. Healing Pawkisses for a wonderful weekend to the both of you🐾😽💞

Eastside Cats said...

Keep on noshin', Katie!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

MOL!!! katie! keep eatin and keep snuggling wif yer mum

catladymac said...

Glad things are going better Katie ! Purrs and purrayers that the good continues.

Pix said...

So relieved, Katie, that you are doing better. Happy you had a good time with Teddy♥ Hoping you continue to do well and keep on eating well and no time UTB.

pilch92 said...

You are in my prayers. I hope you continue to keep eating and sleeping with your mom. I have found that the mirtazapine ear gel doesn't make kitties hyper like that. XO

Pam and Teddy said...

Katie thanks for visiting me in the Castle for our "Bacon Bonanza" dinner - it was delish and you were purrrrfect company! Thanks for helping me cook - you certainly added a bright spot to my humble kitchen.............

With Hugs and prayers..................Your Teddy

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Keep up the good work, Miss Katie! We're rooting for you!

Purrs,
The Chans

The Florida Furkids said...

Yay for good news. We're glad you are doing better.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh Katie, it fills our hearts with joy hearing this! Sending all of our love to you and your mom.

My Mind's Eye said...

Hey Katie Isabella I am all kinds a happy to read how you are doing and eating...
We were were away all day yesterday...to attend a memorial for a friend. It was a lovely service and the church ladies provided a delicious meal of meat loaf, green beans, creamed taters, macNcheese and 3 desserts
There was a chicken dish too but I love meat loaf but never make it.
5 hours in the car in one day was tushie numbing.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Keep up the great work, Katie Isabella. We are all hoping for you to continue to eat and feel better.

Woos - Misty and Timber

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "This is great progress, Katie Isabella! We are looking forward to seeing lots more pictures of you lounging comfortably and hearing about all the food you're eating!"

meowmeowmans said...

We are just catching up on visiting, and this is even more happy news! Hooray! Keep on eating and feeling good, sweet Katie!