June 3, 2025

Mom! What Next! ?

 Kitties!  Sheesh Louise! 

Well here I am, no recliner.  Gone forever more.  Waiting till THIS Friday--an entire week I meow you! for the new one which is smaller! Mom is deluding herself if she thinks she is small and needs this smaller chair.  She IS short, I grant you. *she's partial to tall menfolk*  

So, what else is new?  Let me meow about it.

Two days ago a BIG box from Chewy came.  Heavy and cumbersome. Mom slashed and gouged at it  with her knife until she got it opened and slid the contents out.  

After she created much thunder and lightening in the house assembling it, (she could NOT find the opening to insert the post in the stand) she stood my new mini tree up in the living room.  My BARE living room with NO recliner in it!  I looked at it, spat at it, declared it unfit for anything but the trash, and went to recover with a nap. 

Mom found the last glassine envelope of silvervine, and put it on the sisal post and a touch on the flower top.  I smelled that from my room and came back out.  I don't need to say anymore.









20 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella what an absolutely adorable addition to your home. It is a seat and entertainment all in one!! I love the sunflower design and most of all I love that you love it. WTG sweet pretty girl. MOL you can sit in mom's new 'cliner but she cannot sit on your sunflower perch
Hugs cecilia

Kea said...

Katie, you're as pretty as a picture on your new sunflower scratcher! 💕

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh my cod Katie!!! so cool!!!! yoo now hazza pedestal, where every gorgeous girl cat shood be worshipped upon!!

Lynn and Precious said...

My eyes are green with envy, Katie, even though they are always green, mol. You gotta great new pedestal. You can lie up there and do a mani-pedi! And that sunflower will NOT get cut off by the mower men. But it may require much more watering. Be sure to give mommy lots of nighttime snuggles fur this.

Eastside Cats said...

A sucker for silvervine, eh Katie?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely little tree. It is amazing what a bit of silvervine will do!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie…oh em cod 😺🐾‼️🦋 how total lee kewl iz that ped a still tree. N who new silvervine wood due de trik 😺🐾‼️🦋 984 pawz UP awesum…tho onlee three mor sleepz til de ree clinerz ther 🦋💙💚

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie, this is the current place for us to canoddle! I'm on my way! Kisses, Kozmo

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

It's adorable! I'm glad she was able to coax you into using it.

pilch92 said...

That was a nice gift to make up for stealing your recliner. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

Gosh, I love that scratcher Throne, it's purrfect for you sweet Katie!

meowmeowmans said...

That new addition to the living room is adorable, Katie. A sunflower that you can scratch, AND it smells like heavenly silvervine? It's PURRfect! We hope that helps lessen the sting of the smaller recliner (at least a little bit), sweet girl.

messymimi said...

I believe the proper kitty review is, "It will do."

Leah said...

Katie, that scratcher is just fabulous! And silvervine with it, woo hoo! Looks like you are enjoying it to the max! Go for it!

Katie Isabella said...

It IS my Throne! Even I didn't realize it till you said so! XX

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Your new scratcher/seat looks good you can sit on it and survey the room till the new recliner is there ready for you to enjoy

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Looks like a good place to relax while waiting for the new chair.

Kitties Blue said...

Katie, your mom definitely has your number and knows how to tempt you. That looks like a terrific spot to nap. We hope, as we know your mom does, that you will continue to enjoy it after the silvervine wears off. And, we sure hope your mom does not have to assemble the new chair! MOL! XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Sometimes the humans have to sweeten the pot a little, right, Katie? Good on you for holding out for a better offer!"

John Bellen said...

Katie, I hate to write it, but you're a fool for the silvervine. But it was in a good cause, because that little furnishing suits you.