November 29, 2024

Can't believe I Did What I Did

 Kitties!  Me a mild mannered loving lady cat and:

Yesterday, Mom took the turkey out of the oven and put it on a thick heat-proof surface that was on the counter for the turkey's roasting pan, so that the turkey could "rest".  Mom had been mashing potatoes and doing dressing and all other kinds of things, when she went into the living room where all the brothers were and said something to them.  She kept hearing her DIL say "No Katie Lou...No Katie Girl...No (fill in the blank)  and so on till finally- DIL called Mom to come into the kitchen then! Don't drag your feet! 

Turned out I had leaped to the desktop and over to the opened part of the turkey pan.  Mom had a tent of foil over it, so I started to have some.  DIL thwarted that...then. I tried to lick the buttery drippings...that elicited a stronger no and she shielded the turkey from me with her hand.  I HISSED at her!  Several times.  I wanted those drippings.  So when Mom came in, she was able to deter me as I listened to her and Mom temporarily moved the turkey away. 

I was hissing...see my teefs? 

I'm gittin' me some of THIS! 

I actually did let a few laps of drippings before Christi, my human Sissy stopped me with her hand shielding the turkey. And I got mad and hissed!  I was being a butt about eating my food, so I was hungry hence hissing at my human Sissy.

Look though...Brovver brought me the best shopping bad EVER!  I can't stay away from it. 


The turkey was golden brown, and the dressing was good...we had mashed potatoes that Mom used a masher on.  We had berried cranberry sauce and some buttered green beans, macaroni and cheese, turkey gravy, and rolls.  Brownies and ice cream for dessert.  

Happy Thanksgiving time that was, furriends and parents.  I hope it was peaceful and warm. 






23 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

oooh Katie, fur some turkey drippin's! Hope yer mommy chopped up bits of turkey and put on a purrty plate fur you. I bet Mackerull will have a meow or two about burd. Lynn guesses yer brovver furom the other side of the mountain found a way over with no I40 anymore. Happy Thanksgiving weekend. Precious

Kea said...

Katie, it appears that when it comes to turkey drippings, you're not so mild mannered at all! 😲😆

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oooohhhh katie kitty! yoo r feelin dee queen dat yoo r!!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well sweet Katie, it's supposed to be a shared family meal, right?!?!?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You were very determined to get at that turkey, Katie. I hope you got some even if you aren't supposed to have it. Any nourishment is better than starving yourself.

Eastside Cats said...

A cat being a brat, seems to me, Katie!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
WOW, you turned into one fierce tux–panther! Showing your teeth...
Bet they all got the message and shared some with you!
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

pilch92 said...

I don't blame you for hissing. :) Glad it was a good day with family. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

You made a big advance for other animals. You are like Neil Armstrong on the moon if there was turkey there.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You're a girl who knows what she wants!

Leah said...

Katie, you rascal of a kitty, you! It does all sound just too enticing, though!

meowmeowmans said...

Just a little mischief, right Katie? We are glad you got a few licks in before you were deterred. We hope you all had a special and love-filled Thanksgiving. XO

John Bellen said...

Well, heck, Katie, the way you describe the food and its preparation, I would have hissed if I were prevented from having some, too! Did your mum give you some of the turkey afterward? I know you are being fussy about your food these days.

Smudge said...

Ooooh you go, you hissy burd dripping thief! That menu made dad drool over the laptop as we read your turkey tale.

The J-Cats said...

Well, We can't really blame you, Katie - though it doesn't sound like healthy food for a kitty. But just a tiny bit, right?

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Way to go, Katie! Great job getting to the good lickings!

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Katie. You sure were determined to get to the turkey! I bet you got that bag as a consolation prize. Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

MOL...you're my kind of girl, Katie. Angel Binky also made it clear when she got older, that she takes what she thought was hers...MOL...We loved that and so we love you too😻😻Double Pawkisses for a Happy and Healthy week ahead to you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

My Mind's Eye said...

Well Katie Isabella there were two turkeys on Thanksgiving....MOL MOL
one gobbler and one hisser
Hugs Cecilia

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Hmm, I suppose a bag might okay as a consolation prize for the turkey, but we don't blame you at all for trying to get some of that bird, Katie!"
Oona: "Oona has also been known to hiss when she has a strong opinion she would like to express! Like the time she was burrowing into Dada's computer wires and he bodily lifted her out of them!"
Java Bean: "Ayyy, it sounds like that was for your own good, Oona."
Oona: "OONA WILL BE THE JUDGE OF WHAT IS FOR HER OWN GOOD OR NOT!"

Kitties Blue said...

Wow, Katie, it sounds as if you had a delicious Thanksgiving. So happy you got a few good licks in. Mom and Dad had a Cornish hen, and Astrid got a few little pieces, as she always hangs out in the kitchen. Now be a good girl and eat your special food. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Saku said...

Oh Katie, I do hope your mom bean relented and gave you a bit of the real live dead turkey! Efurry body deserves to celebrate Thanksgiving!

messymimi said...

Don't keep a kitty girl away from her drippings! I do hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are continuing to have a fabulous December.