October 20, 2024

Surprise surprise, Mom

 Kitties!  For the first time in at least 5 years...at least...I leaped up to the desktop and cruised all of the counters!  AND the sink. 

 A long time ago, I had an embarrassing failed attempt to get onto the desk to patrol from my favorite window.  Fell to the floor and never tried again.  And I was years younger!  It was just an accident.  But I didn't see it that way and refused to ever go again.  

Mom had a visitor. I decided to show off!  Mom is worried I will have an accident again but so far, so good.  I jumped onto the bed a month ago right onto her stomach!   She would always prefer that I use the steps.  I usually do but I felt like jumping that time.  

Mom had a heckuva time trying to straighten the actually expensive installed mini blinds that I tore up all over the house while patrolling.  Since I force her to keep the blinds up as much as she can stand at night.  That one blind in the kitchen just above the desk was where I refused to jump.  Until now.  So she closed and lowered that blind happily.  No more.   *ebil cat laugh*

I can't ruin the ones in the bedroom, so she can and does keep those lowered in the evening and night. 

So, here I am...crusin' and messing into everything! 

Satisfying journey to the counter! 

On my way! Sink!  Here I come. 

Ya want a cuppa cawfee? 

After the celebration on the Counter! 



33 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Alright, Katie!
Keeping your meowmy on her toes; you are such a cat.

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, you are magnificent! This is so good to see. It might git me in the mood to git on the kitchen counter and jump to the fridge and then the top of the cabinets. On the other paw, I just got sleepy thinking on doin' all that and will take a nap. Lynn is so furry glad you feel so good. Precious

Pradeep Nair said...

I love how determined you were to conquer the desk again after all these years, and clearly, the blinds didn’t stand a chance against your patrol!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

wow katie!!! yoo no, i haz neber gotten on owr counterz! dee sofa and bed izza az hi az i go

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Well done Katie, you are obviously feeling good!

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's so wonderful that you have resumed full patrol duties once again sweet Katie.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

984 pawz UP katie N due knot for getz ta stroll over two de fridge, de handull
ta open it... shuld be at counter level and ya can help yur self ta all kindz oh nomz inn side :) ....♥♥♥

Saku said...

Well done Katie! I don't let the mom bean see me on the counters, but she hears me at night sometimes when I drop down. MOL!

John Bellen said...

Good for you, Katie. You keep at it - though please keep your natural limitations in mind; we all have them. My Neville likes to jump up onto the bed sometimes, and I wish that he too would use the stairs instead. And blinds? You should see the ones Moxy destroyed...

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Being able to do that would have made you happy

pilch92 said...

Glad you are feeling your oats. :) XO

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
What a post this is!
Jumping and patrolling everything like a teenage kitty.
Our kitties are not jumping much anymore and they even avoid the stairs.
Spunky girl yells at me for being let out the front door... avoiding the stairs.
Spooky also likes to go out the same way!
Tiggy–Tiger was our roaming girl, she socialized with other kitties and was seldom home and now rarely she steps outside.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Way to go, Katie Isabella, but do be careful.

Woos - Misty and Timber

The Island Cats said...

We’re gonna call you “Cruisin’ Katie” because you’re cruising on those counters!

Leah said...

Katie, you're really getting around!

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, Katie! We are so impressed by how you surprised Mom! We really enjoyed seeing you cruising the counters. XO

messymimi said...

You are really feeling your oats right now!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Good job, Katie! That's definitely something to celebrate! We are also very keen on destroying blinds! #1 gets pretty mind when we do!

Purrs,
The Chans

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Well done, You, Katie! Way to go. Now you just have to re-establish a routine and a whole new world will open up all around you. A fabulous selfie to close the day with.
Purrs
ERin

CCL Wendy said...

My, my Katie Isabella! I think you must be in your 2nd kittenhood. Also, I think your medication is finally having a pawsitive effect on you. You go, girl!

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella...OMCs are there jumpin' beans in your new food.
Look at you Counter Surfuin like a pawfessional. Next thing I hear you'll be
in Hawaii surfin'
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

Your precious white paws and whiskers never fail to make me smile. Be safe, Katie Isabella.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

YAY! You're amazing, Katie. Counterpatrol, best of the kitchen, isn't it😸😸Double Pawkisses for a Happy time to you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What a pawsome girl you are!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Good for you. You still got lots of jump in your legs.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Excellent success, Katie! Also, good job forcing your mom to improve the view by leaving the blinds up a bit."
Chaplin: "Dennis's approach to that was to destroy the blinds completely, so you're being a lot more genteel about it."
Java Bean: "Ayyy, did somebody say they were handing out coffee ... ?"

Smudge said...

Oh, dear girl- I envy you. Though I've never tried, I'm not allowed on any counters or tables AT All. The most jumping I do here is onto dad's footrest, one of my most cherished snoozy spots.

My Mind's Eye said...

Amen on the bleu cheese I don't even like how it looks..
MOL MOL
Hugs Cecilia

olga said...

Hai un gatto meraviglioso!Iscriviti al mio blog.

Kitties Blue said...

Wow, Katie, you go girl! Some of us jump directly onto the counters but others of us use the small kitchen cat tree as an interim jump. Kudos on overcoming a five-year-old phobia! Our social butterfly has been enjoying the three per week visits from Mom’s physical therapist. Kizmet is all over her the muinute she comes in the house. Unfortunately that ends tomorrow. Mom has to start going to the P.T. Facility. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Mini blinds have a hard life. Cruising is best done at night!

Pam and Teddy said...

Well Katie it IS your house after all......exploring and enjoying every nook and cranny (and blind, and counter, etc.) is what we do. I do my exploration rounds first thing in the morning in between naps. I have limitations on exploration due to my size BUT I keep an eye on things anyway. I've never been on a counter - I bet there's some good stuff to knock off onto the floor!

Hugs, Teddy

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

That is absolutely epically epic Katie, next mew'll be wanting to join The B Team! ❤❤❤ Happy Friday to mew, and we hope your weekend is EPIC!!! 🐾🐾