February 28, 2024

Queen Dai$y


 Katie Isabella hurried, all her feet flying to get through the terminal and to the tarmac where Dai$y's sleek jet was waiting.   They were going to Milan again to stock up on fine leather handbags and maybe some matching shoesies.  Both of them had been on their phones for hours planning this trip.  Just talking the night away as they always did.  

Katie ran out onto the tarmac where she could hear that Dai$y's jet had already started and was waiting.  Katie thought to herself  "I can't possibly be late! I hurried out here to the airport well ahead of our planned time." 

Katie drew up breathing a little harder to just below the jet's doorway waiting for the door to open and the jet's stairway to come down to her.  

She took a few moments to go over how she looked before she saw Dai$y.  Katie's coat was gleaming like silk and satin...glowing with the brushies and combings from her Mom.  Both Katie Isabella and her mom always made sure Katie was well tended before they met for their trips.  She looked in her tiny mirror and saw her face so happy and full of anticipation.  Her whiskers gleamed like silken threads just the way Dai$y's always do.  As she stood waiting for the jet's door to open and the steps lowered, she glanced down to see if the little red high heels that she bought the last time they went to France were shining and they were.  

Unexpectedly the jet moved slowly forward.  Katie hurried alongside, calling up to her friend Dai$y.  A large white envelope fluttered down from the Captain's window and then, the window was shut tightly again.  The jet moved a little faster and then faster still until Katie was left standing on the tarmac gazing at the jet plane leaving with Dai$y in it.  

Katie Isabella stood there, her eyes filling with tears at being left standing alone by her dearest friend.  She sank to the tarmac,  folded her paws, and watched the jet completely disappear into the highest part of the sky.  She rose and went to see what was in the envelope.  It was thin, still open, and only a slip of paper inside.  It was from Dai$y who told Katie Isabella that St. Francis had come to call that day, all unexpected, and that he said that he would take her Home in her own jet plane, just for her as he was fond of her.  The paper went on to state that Dai$y had told St. Francis that she and Katie were going shopping, you see.  Could she not wait to go Home another day?  St. Francis was petting Dai$y on his lap the entire time.   She was relaxed and even dozed a little in comfort and love as they flew.  At that request by Dai$y, St. Francis leaned forward and kissed her head and said, "Sweet dear one...we ARE Home.  Look outside." 

Looking out the window Dai$y saw there was the most beautiful bright perfect meadow with little flowers scattered all over it...and her friends and all her relatives who had gone on before were waiting for her, crowding around the door as St. Francis opened it and escorted Dai$y out.  Picking her up and kissing her dear face, he let her down with her friends and family and as he did so, he whispered to her that Katie Isabella would understand and still love her until they met again by and by. 




27 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
What a lovely story this is!
Almost makes me cry...
Yes, our kitties do have friends and they love their Parents AND friends.
Big hugs to Katie Isabella for the loss of a sweet friend.
Mariette + Kitties

Lynn and Precious said...

I just had learned about Dai$y from Katie. I am so sad to see that
she had to fly away. It will be difficult for friends and for the Trout Tabbies
family. Thank you for the lovely tribute.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella I am so sorry you lost your dear friend.
Dear sweet friend to the Divine Miss Dai$y....what an absolutley heartflet and beautiful send off for Dai$y. Dai$y had such a way with words that made us all smile which will be remembered forever by all who knew her.
Hugs Cecilia

Eastside Cats said...

Oh. No.
Am off to Trout Talkin' Tabbies now, but am so very sorry, Katie, that your trip was ruined.
Hugs and purrs.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh my cod, yoo r breaking my heart.......purrrzzz

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dai$y will always love you too sweet Katie and we will always remember her and value her friendship.

Leah said...

Aww, Katie, I'm so sorry you've lost a friend. My heart goes out to all who knew and loved Dai$y.

Pam and Teddy said...

That is the most beautiful and touching tribute ever.....I am sure one day we will ALL be united in a place where hearts no longer break, pain never touches, love is in the air, and there is no end to sunny days. It's knowing this that makes leaving a little less painful when our turn comes.............Katie I know for sure that Dai$y will send you signs. Keep your heart open for them. Friends NEVER go away.

Love, Teddy

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

This was so touching and moving I could have cried

catladymac said...

Oh Katie - one of our huMom's best friends just left on a similar journey without any warning. We are so sorry about dear Daisy - but selfishly we are also glad you didn't go off with her yet. We know you and Daisy have lots of good memories together. And imagine what a wonderful greeting she got once she landed. Purrs.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh Katie, what a lovely tribute to dear Dai$y. You have me in floods of tears now!

pilch92 said...

How sad, but beautifully written. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. XO

meowmeowmans said...

We are so sorry and sad that Dai$y had to go home with St. Francis. She was such a good and beloved friend to you, sweet Katie. She will live forever in your heart and memory. Sending you lots of love and gentle purrs.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I was just teary-eyed as I left our condolences for her family, but now I'm bawling. This is absolutely beautiful. She had a wonderfully long life, but it's still never long enough.

Saku said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend Dai$y. The shopping trip will sadly have to wait awhile longer, Katie. But I know one day the two of you will be giggling over the newest purse. Purrs.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That was such an enchanting story

messymimi said...

I read about Dai$y and I'm very sad with all of us. We will miss her.

John Bellen said...

A beautiful story. I'm most sad that Katie didn't have the chance for one last shopping expedition with Daisy, but some day, long, long in the future, they'll be able to go shopping again. And everything will be on sale.

ZOOLATRY said...

Together forever ~ a wonderful and well told story of two friends "of the heart", now distant from one another, yet held together by the bonds of love.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

How very sad, Miss Katie. Our hearts goi out to you, and to Daisy's famnily.

Purrs,
The Chans

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beloved furriend, dear Katie😿 She will visit you soon, just watch the signs✨Soft Pawkisses for you and your mommy to comfort you🐾😽💞

Mickey's Musings said...

Dear Katie, I was very sad to hear about Miss Katie.
Hugs to you as I know how much you will miss her as well as her family.
Purrs Winnie

Darla M Sands said...

This brought me to tears; what a bittersweet tribute. Blessings and hugs, my dear.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Oh, MY! If you could only have aseem my wet face...
What a touching and beautiful post to honor Dai$y!

She is/was a blogging legend, and at Catster before that, which is when I met her...

Hugs!
🥰❤️🥰🌼

The Florida Furkids said...

What a beautiful tribute to Dai$y. You made our eyes leaky.

Kitties Blue said...

Katie, though we already knew of Dai$y getting her angel wings when we read this, it hurt our hearts so much and brought our mom to tears. We know your good friend is watching over you and will be waiting for more great adventures when you're eventually together again. Please, please don't be in a rush to join her. Sending lots of love and warm hugs as you mourn your sweet friend. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

da tabbies o trout towne said...

thank you Katie, I have been honored to call you friend. I will ALWAYS
watch out for, and over you, and I will never forget you, or your mommy ♥♥♥♥♥ loves
always ~~~~~ Dai$y