September 11, 2023

Oh Good Grief!

 Mommy told me there is no such thing as good grief! But still I say it!

The man came by to measure the verticle blind...96 inches...and he told me that a new valance was in order too.  Sigh.  Extra money.  But, the worst thing he said that struck my kitty heart (mommy calls it a Valentine) was it will be a good MONTH for Pete sake before it is changed!  A  m-o-n-t-h!!! What will I do to see my birdies and squirrels out there on the deck?  That stinks.  And mom doesn't like it either on accounta it's darker in the living room. All the zillions of huge very very tall trees out there make it darker.  


My whole family will remember this forever.  Mom had to work.  But she was on a day off when she was standing there watching GMA and saw it happen.  I wasn't thought of yet, but Admiral saw it too.  

22 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a long time to have to wait for the new blind! With daylight hours getting shorter it will soon be darker than ever in the living room.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Good grief is a saying I have never understood but have heard it often and expect I have even said it, that is a bit of a wait for the new blind

Katie Isabella said...

I was so dismayed when he replied to my question, for a month. He said "well, if we can get it in, it may be two weeks but I would rather tell you the worst possible scenario".

Leah said...

A month is a long time to wait for the blinds repaired but hopefully it will a shorter wait ... Good grief is an odd phrase indeed but I've heard it since childhood and still say it too ... Maybe there's a story somewhere of it's' origin.

Leah said...

Autocorrect added the apostrophe between the t and the s on its' origin. Good grief! LOL

Eastside Cats said...

Charlie Brown always said "Good Grief", so we think it's purrfect to use, Katie!
I use it when an expletive is inappropriate.
The first responders were so heroic; we'll never forget that either.

Brian's Home Blog said...

A month, that's stupid, but humans are like that. We never ever will forget and we will always remember who did that to our Country.

pilch92 said...

That was a sad day. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

A month??? That's horrible!

Saku said...

Oh dear, poor Katie! I do hope they're able to move the time up for you.

I think all of the beans remember where they were that day. It was a horrible, no good, very bad day that changed our lives forever.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Everything moves very slowly now I hope the month flies by

messymimi said...

I'm sorry it will take so long.

Is there any way to lift the blind by hand and prop it up, just for during the day?

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Maybe you can tie those slats together so the =y are sort of open.

We hope future generations will also realize the importance and impact of this day on ALL of our lives.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

Waiting sucks ... especially when there's so much to see and snoopervise out there! We hardly get any natural light in our condo, and it can be miserable.

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, too bad the man wasn't able to or didn't try to pry that thing open. At least you'd have had a small window of opportunity to look outside if he could have showed it a little bit. You know how humans are, there's nothing quick about what we get done it seems.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

A month! Yowsa!

Beautiful tribute, we will never forget.

meowmeowmans said...

Dang, we;re sorry you have to wait so long on those blinds, Katie and Mom.

We will never forget the terrible events of that day.

John Bellen said...

A month! Why does everything take so long to repair these days - when it can be repaired at all?

www.shelter-cats.com said...

How frustrating! What will all those birds and critters be doing outside without supervision?
Glad Mommy is recovered and avoided eating all those treats.
xxoo
Maggie

Katie Isabella said...

In this case, it is a replacement blind, It's broken at a place where it isn't repairable. A month is silly whether for repairs or new. I am disappointed in Home Depot.

Darla M Sands said...

My parents struggled getting blinds for their home many years ago. I wish you could do something to get yours open. :( Best wishes, my dear.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella it took a month for our new shades too arrive too. BUT THANKFUL we could see all the birdies etc
Hugs Cecilia