August 23, 2023

I Love my Employment


 Mom hired me on to keep watch over lizards,  other cats, dogs, chipmunks, yucky squirrels, groundhogs,  coyotes, and most of all Vishus Deer! 

This is the best checkpoint in the house.  When I see someone who absolutely should not be here,  who is forbidden; I can (and do) scream, yowl, and jump up onto the storm door with a crash...a loud noise, and scare the heck out of them.  

I fill in my reports and my log books at night when I am in bed with mom.  I can do it without turning the light on.  Cats eyes, you know!

So, I'm on day shift presently.  Night shift starts at 2230 hours. 


28 comments:

Kea said...

Katie, you're quite the hard worker! Make sure you take rest breaks. Everyone needs down time, even if they love their work. 🙂

Leah said...

Keeping watch is vital work for sure Katie! And your efforts to discourage intruders are impressive!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Sounds like an important job

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

You do a great job standing guard and protecting your humans

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You do a very good job, Katie.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
You sure do take your protective role dead serious!
We too have five guard kitties and they watch out for us and scare the dangers off.
Hugs,
Mariette

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
You sure do take your protective role dead serious!
We too have five guard kitties and they watch out for us and scare the dangers off.
Hugs,
Mariette

Brian's Home Blog said...

We totally know how seriously you take your duties sweet Katie!

pilch92 said...

Your mom is lucky to have you. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like a dream job for kitties!

John Bellen said...

No one does a better job than you, Katie - though cats in general are good at this, I think.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am glad you are on duty

Eastside Cats said...

What would she do without your talents, Katie?

messymimi said...

You're doing a great job! Could you train my cats?

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, you are such a professional, and so very skilled at your work!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

You're a hard worker, Katie😹Double Pawkisses for a Happy Day to you and your mommy too🐾😽💞

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, I think you have a terrific job that you love very much. Just how much does your mommy pay per hour?

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That sounds like the perfect job, Katie!

Purrs,
The Chans

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella as the saying 'goes work at something you love and you will never work a day in your life'.
What a view. I'm a huge fan of sitting looking out the window
Hugs cecilia

Gidget Blue Sky said...

i do dee affurnoon shift at my back door

Catscue Cat Mom said...

You are a very good securikitty Katie!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie I have just three words because I have to sneek around on free wi fi with a
super fast speed but cant type that fast anymore given the fact I am 20 and counting
but who is counting and WHY ARE YOU WORKING with hugs from dai$y

Danielle L Zecher said...

What a hard little worker!

Saku said...

Goodness, mom bean says she'd be afraid to visit Katie! But good work, my friend. You sure don't want any of those skwirls showing up in the house.

Darla M Sands said...

Do you get dental with that? lol

J. S. Vila said...

What a beautiful photograph of your lovely cat. It is gorgeous.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

That is a great job you have...I think you are keeping your Mom safe....

Kitties Blue said...

Katie, it definitely sounds as if you have everything under control. Are you paid in treats? XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, angel Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh