October 27, 2022

Broke it In.

 Kitties!  I horked like no body's business last night.  I was in my chair right after having supper.  Mom was in her chair too.  She had a little commercially prepared cupcake on the paper plate and had just taken a bite.  I started horking so as mom said on facebook, it was her or me.  She jumped up, ran over and held the plate under my chin as I filled it up.  On the cake of course.  She said it was worth it to save the furniture.  But she had to follow me all over the house a good ten minutes with another paper plate and try to keep me away form under chairs and behind furniture where I can hork in peace.  She got two more smaller amounts.  She heard one in the middle of the night.  

When she woke and turned on the light- there it was at the threshhold of the bedroom and hallway.  So she got to clean that one up.  

Mom's been out to the football field (no, not playing) the past 5 days walking the track.  Finally got the "git up and go" to do it.  AND I saw her eating two hot dogs yesterday.  She loves them but never eats them.  But couldn't withstand the doing without any longer and bought some.  She likes mustard and relish and onion on it.  If there was any chili, she'd have had that with onions.  She's still crawling compared to her pace before life happened. But she'll get better at it quickly.  

Mom is about  to invite a close friend over for breakfast at night  (For supper) Fried potatoes and onions, scrambled eggs, biscuits and preserves.  She said if she wasn't so full of hot dogs, her mouf would be waterin'. 




25 comments:

catladymac said...

Hope you are better now KI ! (Our huuMom would have set the cupcake on the carpet to save it) Breakfast is good any time of the day !

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh, we know too well how that goes as our Dido is the one here at our household.
I've had to do so much kitty laundry over the years.
Today I've put on a protector on the big sofa, underneath the soft leopard cover that I found at Wayfair. The kitties LOVE it and have kneaded it heavily—their adoption procedure—complete with fabric strands coming out... Haha, we love our kitties but it is a never ending game of staying ahead of the game.
Wow, potatoes and onions—you would make Pieter mouth water too. Both of us love onions!
Sending you big hugs and hoping the horking stays away!!!
Mariette

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hey sweet Katie, it had to happen sometime so maybe you won't have to hork for a while now. We totally could see that scene occuring. Tell your Mom that breakfast for supper sounds good to us.

pilch92 said...

I have found cats are nauseated by clean rugs- and blankets. :)
Kuddos to your mom for walking. Glad she enjoyed her hots dogs. I like them with mustard and a spoonful of baked beans on top. I am going to make mummy dogs on Halloween by wrapping them in slices of crescent rolls. :) With mustard dots for eyes. XO

messymimi said...

Oh, dear. As i like to say, sometimes i'm so happy to own a cat, i could just barf. Oh, wait a minute, never mind, my thoughtful kitty already did it for me, and right in the middle of the bed, too. (Yes, that's a joke, i do love my cats.)

The Island Cats said...

Good job christening the carpet, Katie! It had to happen sooner or later.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We hope you are feeling better. Your mom is very nimble to catch the vomit before it hits the floor.

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, I did my hork on the bathroom rug in my bathroom yesterday morning. But I only had one and it was my entire breakfast. The good thing is is Lynn turns around and gives me more breakfast but much later after my tummy settled. Yours was much more exciting watching your mommy run around with paper plates. It looks like you've got some late baby geese waddling down the road. Precious

Mickey's Musings said...

Katie, mum would say" better out than in"
Hope you feel better ;)
Purrs, Julie

The Florida Furkids said...

We read about your "hork fest" on Facebook. Your Mom did a great job but it was too bad the cupcake was sacrificed.

My Mind's Eye said...

Geese are wonderful, caring protective parents.
Katie Isabella, I'm sorry about your horking...your long lush beautiful furs are hard to digest.
OMCs we love breakfast for supper. I have a skillet recipe for sausage, cubed sweet taters (I buy frozen, yes I'm lazy). After sausage peppers and onions are browned add the taters stir in then make 4 indents in that mixture, drop a whole egg each. Bake in the oven until the egg is to your liking.
Only make it in the cooler/colder weather since I have to use the oven.
Hugs Cecilia

Sandee said...

I remember those hork fests. I hope you're feeling better.

Love the geese. So precious.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. ♥

Marvelous Marv said...

Our Mom is so happy about the new floor! Kozmo did hork all over the new rug beside the bed though. Well it is actually for Alex's bedroom, but Mom says being able to take it to the sink to rinse the off is terrific. Katie, Koz does want to know if you are OK. I am sure that you will find him coming through your tunnel! Oh! Watch out, Cinnamon might come with him, she LOVES hot dogs! Mom eats breakfast for supper all the time. Her Dad is British and Tea is the big meal and supper was quite often breakfast food. She LOVES bacon and eggs for supper! Keep being AWESOME! Marv

Eastside Cats said...

Wow!
We've tried to 'catch' before, but was mostly unsuccessful.
Your mom has talent!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Sounds like a great stunt for a game show like the old "Beat the Clock". Run around chasing a cat with a paper plate for 60 seconds and catch his vomit for $100!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

She let you puke on the cupcake?!?!?!

John Bellen said...

It was bound to happen with a newly cleaned carpet sooner or later, eh, Katie? And the meal your mum made sounds delicious - not to mention the hot dogs. I love them barbequed!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

There used to be what petcretary called the vomit catching dances around here too...score sometimes...miss way too many others, LOL!

Hope you won't do that again anytime soon, Katie.

Those geese are raising a family in October?? OMC!

The J-Cats said...

Katie, We hope that the horking doesn't indicate anything really wrong!
You ARE all right, aren't you, sweet girl?

My Mind's Eye said...

As soon as it is sun up I like to walk especially when it is gonna be hot and humid. Today's photo was probably taken early september
Hugs Cecilia

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Good catch by your mom! I hope you are feeling better now, Katie.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Excellent catch, but we're sorry about the cake!!

Happy Halloween sweeties, we hope it's EPIC!

Saku said...

Katie, you're quite the prolific horker. Very impurrsive!!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

We know horking is no fun for the cat either!

Kitties Blue said...

Katie, that sounds like an awful lot of horking. We really hope you are okay! Loved the photo of the geese with their kids! Glad to hear your mom is exercising. It is good for both a person’s mental and physical health. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, angel Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh